ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Would the NFL postpone the Steelers game?

Dec 20, 2019
If today is any indication of tomorrow night things could be brutal. I'm expecting conditions to be unsafe for fans and players. I wouldn't be out there but with the Franco tribute and the 50 year anniversary it would be hard to cancel. If you had to decide what would you do,?

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
No. This game is for all the losers at home with nothing better to do on Christmas Eve.

Thoughts and prayers to those who have to be there because it’s their job: security, ticket takers, parking lot attendants, concession workers, etc.

No. This game is for all the losers at home with nothing better to do on Christmas Eve.

Thoughts and prayers to those who have to be there because it’s their job: security, ticket takers, parking lot attendants, concession workers, etc.
I went to the Christmas game what 6 or 7 years ago. Was really fun with my bro in law and nephews. Thought it was a unique and memorable christmas

Reactions: HailToPitt725
No way they cancel. Three hours of TV time on Christmas eve is gold.

However, as the OP suggested, likely a half empty stadium translates into a bad look for the NFL.

The lesson here if the NFL had any common sense, is these games on Christmas eve should be played at indoor venues.

You can get into Heinz Field for 12 bucks tonight on StubHub. That has to be a record low just like the temp

Reactions: Parkview57
If today is any indication of tomorrow night things could be brutal. I'm expecting conditions to be unsafe for fans and players. I wouldn't be out there but with the Franco tribute and the 50 year anniversary it would be hard to cancel. If you had to decide what would you do,?

The right play here is give the tickets to a person who thinks you're their friend but you secretly hate.

The right play here is give the tickets to a person who thinks you're their friend but you secretly hate.
I had season tickets before. All these people used to fawn on "how lucky" and "I never been to a Steelers game" like it is some mystical journey to Mecca or Mt. Everest. Then you go to "sell" them tickets to a game like this and you will find these falling all over themselves for excuses why they can't go.

They will postpone it when hell freezes over ....... besides, the high temperature today will be during the game ..... a balmy 14 degrees !

Temperature and wind chill probably worse in Cleveland right now than it will be in Pittsburgh tonight.

Those seats in the upper end zone corners will be brutal.
If anyone is watching the Browns game they just announced over the PA that anyone sitting up top is welcome to move to any empty seats in the lower bowl. Makes a lot of sense for both warmth and crowd noise reasons, hopefully the Steelers do something similar tonight.

Reactions: andypappas

I'm sorry I am one of those losers. My "loser" children actually bought me tickets as a Christmas present.
What about all the other teams that play today and the NBA games tomorrow?

I sure have no interest in going to a game on Xmas eve in this weather but the real loser is the guy calling anyone that does go losers.

I knew there has been a drop in testosterone levels in the last couple decades but up and until your post I never realized how drastic a drop it has been...

Reactions: Conemaugh
I sure have no interest in going to a game on Xmas eve in this weather but the real loser is the guy calling anyone that does go losers.
Thank you. I, for one, am excited to go. I wish the weather would have cooperated, but my wife and oldest son work the games in the merchandise shops and I am going with my other 2 sons.

I knew there has been a drop in testosterone levels in the last couple decades but up and until your post I never realized how drastic a drop it has been...
I haven't been to a Steelers game since 1985. I'll watch Pickett at home. Family coming in today from Cleveland/Portland/Barcelona. We're geared to have them here overnight.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Thank you. I, for one, am excited to go. I wish the weather would have cooperated, but my wife and oldest son work the games in the merchandise shops and I am going with my other 2 sons.
Enjoy it! Bundle up big time and take hot hands and toasty toes.

I haven't been to a Steelers game since 1985. I'll watch Pickett at home. Family coming in today from Cleveland/Portland/Barcelona. We're geared to have them here overnight.
That's nice. Not sure what it has to do with my post about the absurdity of canceling an NFL game for temps not even coming close to record NFL game cold but nice nonetheless..

I went to the Christmas game what 6 or 7 years ago. Was really fun with my bro in law and nephews. Thought it was a unique and memorable christmas
This is my take on if. If the Steelers were playoff contenders people would have been talking about this game since Thanksgiving.

Similarly, if your family is in town and some of them enjoy football why wouldn’t you try to attend? It’s not like cold in December is something unusual.

Reactions: USN_Panther
It's toxic masculinity thoughts like this that make me think how lucky I am to have a brain. There is no drop in my testosterone for thinking some poor soul or possibly their child could get a pneumonia or worse sitting in this weather for 3 plus hours. Go get some egg nog and enjoy your Christmas 🙃

Reactions: PittPharm2002
They’ve had games scheduled in worse without cancelling. They’ll play. And I’ll be home safe and warm

No way they cancel. Three hours of TV time on Christmas eve is gold.

However, as the OP suggested, likely a half empty stadium translates into a bad look for the NFL.

The lesson here if the NFL had any common sense, is these games on Christmas eve should be played at indoor venues.
They have no problem canceling the Steelers and ravens on Thanksgiving night and making us wait five extra days. They should be no exception they should’ve move it to tomorrow but they won’t

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Unfortunately, I'll be in attendance. I guessed they'd get 50k, but it might even be less than that.

We were gifted the tickets a few weeks ago, and I assume they'll be able to tell if we showed up. Otherwise, there's no way in hell I'd be leaving this house tonight. On top of freezing my pecker off, I have a new dog who will be having her first "cage experience." Bring on the stress, baby. Happy Festivus!

They have no problem canceling the Steelers and ravens on Thanksgiving night and making us wait five extra days. They should be no exception they should’ve move it to tomorrow but they won’t

Well,

Unless tonights game is impacted by a covid outbreak, your response is about as weak and defenseless as anything posted all week.

Well,

Unless tonights game is impacted by a covid outbreak, your response is about as weak and defenseless as anything posted all week.
I don’t think this is weak at all. If a team is irresponsible about their procedures they need to gather together has many practice squad or XFL players or cut rejects from around league to play in the game on time. Period. Do you actually think that was good competitive balance having to play five days later?

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
It's toxic masculinity thoughts like this that make me think how lucky I am to have a brain. There is no drop in my testosterone for thinking some poor soul or possibly their child could get a pneumonia or worse sitting in this weather for 3 plus hours. Go get some egg nog and enjoy your Christmas 🙃

Word.

Input from a low testosterone person 🤗

Why would the Steelers get any kind of special consideration? Multiple games were played in similar conditions to what will be in Pittsburgh tonight and Cleveland was even worse. If they were going to postpone the Steelers game they would’ve had to do the same with 5-6 other games as well.

ADVERTISEMENT