ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Zion

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Is his body just too disproportional? I also wonder if some of these guys who look 10-20 years older (like Greg Oden) have issues with their bodies breaking down 10-20 years before they should. Believe it or not, I'm not a scientist, but if you are 16 and can pass for 38, I'm not sure that's a good thing for your long-term physical health. The same goes for that 12 year old football player with a beard who can easily pass for late 30s. He will be THE MAN on the recruiting trail but I wouldn't be surprised if his body starts breaking down.

Is his body just too disproportional? I also wonder if some of these guys who look 10-20 years older (like Greg Oden) have issues with their bodies breaking down 10-20 years before they should. Believe it or not, I'm not a scientist, but if you are 16 and can pass for 38, I'm not sure that's a good thing for your long-term physical health. The same goes for that 12 year old football player with a beard who can easily pass for late 30s. He will be THE MAN on the recruiting trail but I wouldn't be surprised if his body starts breaking down.
“Believe it or not, I'm not a scientist.”
😂😂😂

I don't know if having a beard at a young age has anything to do with it, but he isn't built like your typical basketball player. He just has a big frame which is probably not ideal for playing 80+ rigorous games of basketball against premier competition each year.

I have always suspected you were the type of dude who had a detailed charted journal of various male body types ... not that there's anything wrong with that..

Never seemed to hurt Lebron.
Not even in the same ballpark.

LeBron is probably one of the most physically impressive athletes of any sport all time when you consider his size and peak athleticism and longevity and resistance to injury.

Zion has freakish athleticism but doesn’t take care of his body the way LeBron does.

Not even in the same ballpark.

LeBron is probably one of the most physically impressive athletes of any sport all time when you consider his size and peak athleticism and longevity and resistance to injury.

Zion has freakish athleticism but doesn’t take care of his body the way LeBron does.

For LeBron I was talking about his face looking older than his age. Kind of like Clyde Drexler and his face/hairline.

Reactions: Ski11585
I've always wondered if there's something to that. Guy in my grade was an early bloomer. He looked like a grown man in middle school. Dominated every sport growing up. Played varsity football as a 9th grader. Had the knees of a 70 year old though. Couldn't play any sport except baseball by 10th grade.

Never seemed to hurt Lebron.

He looks like any normal teen here.

bron-call-out.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Drew1208
Zion is fine. Pels have a ton of depth and they've been vague with injuries the past couple of years. They're gearing up for a playoff run and unfortunately this is the new NBA.. CJ, Murphy, Herb, Naji, Alvarado, and Jonas have been doing the heavy lifting the past month. I love what they've built down there. Trey Murphy is dog. Herb Jones is a dog. Naji Marshall is a dog. Jose Alvardo is dog. Add in CJ, Jonas, Zion and Ingram.. they are loaded.

Zion will be good for 40-50 games a year.. just like a lot of other stars. Make no mistake, when Point Zion is out there playing the 1, they're unbelievably good. Good enough to win a title.

I've always wondered if there's something to that. Guy in my grade was an early bloomer. He looked like a grown man in middle school. Dominated every sport growing up. Played varsity football as a 9th grader. Had the knees of a 70 year old though. Couldn't play any sport except baseball by 10th grade.

I've wondered that too. The kids who go through puberty really early and have facial hair in 6th grade but look like they're 60 when they're 40. Does that cause health issues. Is it healthy for your body to be so much "older" than it is. In Zion's case, its not even that he's looked 15 years older than he is, I wonder about his body composition. We've truly never seen an NBA player built quite like him.

Zion is fine. Pels have a ton of depth and they've been vague with injuries the past couple of years. They're gearing up for a playoff run and unfortunately this is the new NBA.. CJ, Murphy, Herb, Naji, Alvarado, and Jonas have been doing the heavy lifting the past month. I love what they've built down there. Trey Murphy is dog. Herb Jones is a dog. Naji Marshall is a dog. Jose Alvardo is dog. Add in CJ, Jonas, Zion and Ingram.. they are loaded.

Zion will be good for 40-50 games a year.. just like a lot of other stars. Make no mistake, when Point Zion is out there playing the 1, they're unbelievably good. Good enough to win a title.
Ja > Zion.

I think it depends on the physical maturity and sex. Some studies indicate early development in girls may lead to breast cancer, etc. For boys, if not nutritionally controlled, it’s not hard to imagine obesity, diabetes, fatty liver, etc. in the future.

But ther are several studies that indicate from mental standpoint early puberty or physical maturity may be damaging to the psyche. This is especially pronounced in girls for obvious reasons.

I think it depends on the physical maturity and sex. Some studies indicate early development in girls may lead to breast cancer, etc. For boys, if not nutritionally controlled, it’s not hard to imagine obesity, diabetes, fatty liver, etc. in the future.

But ther are several studies that indicate from mental standpoint early puberty or physical maturity may be damaging to the psyche. This is especially pronounced in girls for obvious reasons.

Perhaps for girls but early puberty for boys has to be awesome. Looking and having the body of someone 3-5 years older than your peers make you the big man on campus.

Perhaps for girls but early puberty for boys has to be awesome. Looking and having the body of someone 3-5 years older than your peers make you the big man on campus.
How is youth football done these days, when I was a kid, you had to be 135 or less in pads to be allowed to play in our local Pop Warner League, so anyone who got bigger faster was screwed. It's kind of ironic that football tends to be a big guy's game and they chose to develop small kids over bigger kids, maybe they should have had a minimum and let the bigger guys in.

ADVERTISEMENT