ADVERTISEMENT

Our young FL kids...

Apr 26, 2012
are getting rave reviews. We need more of them. There are so many good players there that some really good ones aren't getting high offers.
Some of our young FL will likely see the field right away.

Camp will start, as a RS freshman.
Weaver, another RS frosh, will be on the 2-deep at DE, and was twice the D's dog soldier of the day.
D. Butler, a true frosh, who was under-recruited, is being praised by coaches and QBs, and will likely play this year.
When asked this morning about DBs who are impressing and challenging, PN immediately mentioned D. Mathis, a true frosh, and raved about him. Said he is a pure football player who for a freshman "just doesn't blink."
And he said that our two true freshman running backs just looked like typical guys for the first week, but their now showing glimpses of being special players; one of whom is AJ Davis, from FL.
Jerry Drake, huge OT, came as an early enrollee in the spring, and the coaches couldn't believe how mature and developed he was at his age. Should be a starter in 2 years.
Michael Smith has a ton of talent at WR, but will probably need a year or two to develop since he didn't start playing football until two years ago.

are getting rave reviews. We need more of them. There are so many good players there that some really good ones aren't getting high offers.
Some of our young FL will likely see the field right away.

Camp will start, as a RS freshman.
Weaver, another RS frosh, will be on the 2-deep at DE, and was twice the D's dog soldier of the day.
D. Butler, a true frosh, who was under-recruited, is being praised by coaches and QBs, and will likely play this year.
When asked this morning about DBs who are impressing and challenging, PN immediately mentioned D. Mathis, a true frosh, and raved about him. Said he is a pure football player who for a freshman "just doesn't blink."
And he said that our two true freshman running backs just looked like typical guys for the first week, but their now showing glimpses of being special players; one of whom is AJ Davis, from FL.
Jerry Drake, huge OT, came as an early enrollee in the spring, and the coaches couldn't believe how mature and developed he was at his age. Should be a starter in 2 years.
Michael Smith has a ton of talent at WR, but will probably need a year or two to develop since he didn't start playing football until two years ago.
There is a ton of talent in FL, and it is an easy and cheap 2 hr. flight. They need to keep doing it.

There is a ton of talent in FL, and it is an easy and cheap 2 hr. flight. They need to keep doing it.
yeah, I was on record of saying we shouldn't waste our time down there but I've changed my tune. We have really gotten some good ones out of there and looking at some of these true and redshirt freshmen, that list will grow.

I don't think we have any for this upcoming class.

yeah, I was on record of saying we shouldn't waste our time down there but I've changed my tune. We have really gotten some good ones out of there and looking at some of these true and redshirt freshmen, that list will grow.

Which is a surprise, since we were already doing well there, and we added Partridge, who is really well regarded in FL. However, many of these FL kids that committed to us in the last few years did so very late, close to signing day.
By the way, I just saw yesterday that a FL WR just narrowed his choices down to us and MD, and he is friends with D. Butler, so we might be in good shape with him.

Walt and Dave brought in a lot of good players from FL. I really like the addition of Charlie. This program is without a doubt moving forward in the right direction. The fruits of labor will really be seen in 2018 and 2019 as long as Pitt does not sabotage itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT