ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under Season Win Total: 7.5

Oct 25, 2021
I honestly thought the over last year was free money. My only regret was not putting even more on it (not that it ultimately matters, because I have a propensity for losing it all in the online slots anyway). This total is less obvious to me, with the departure of Addison. Will you be hammering the over (or the under) this year?

I think I'll still put something on the over. We have a ton of experience in the trenches, so I'd be surprised if we did worse than 8-4. Just too few holes on this team to only go 7-5 (which would basically be 5-5 against P5 competition).

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
From Vegas' standpoint, two decent OOC games plus UNC, Virginia, and Miami on the road is enough to justify 4 losses. Not the easiest schedule.

I think what made last year's total such an easy bet was the fact that to the world, we were just a 6-5 team that lost two AA edge rushers. But I think most Pitt fans realized that 2021 had a chance to be really special and we were much better than what we had been putting on paper. Like I've never seen such consensus lofty predictions among Pitt fans as I did going into last year.

But now the national perception has caught up to us a bit, and we're actually predicted to win more (I think last year's o/u was 7), even after losing a Heisman finalist and a Biletnikoff winner.

But if we take care of business against Rhode Island, Western Michigan, Syracuse, GT, and Duke, we only have to go 3-4 against teams that have any pulse whatsoever. We should be able to pull that off.

I think we are about 7-5 with Patti at QB, so if Slovis is good (not sure he is- he was good early on at USC but sucked last year) we should hit the over.

I think what made last year's total such an easy bet was the fact that to the world, we were just a 6-5 team that lost two AA edge rushers. But I think most Pitt fans realized that 2021 had a chance to be really special and we were much better than what we had been putting on paper. Like I've never seen such consensus lofty predictions among Pitt fans as I did going into last year.

But now the national perception has caught up to us a bit, and we're actually predicted to win more (I think last year's o/u was 7), even after losing a Heisman finalist and a Biletnikoff winner.

But if we take care of business against Rhode Island, Western Michigan, Syracuse, GT, and Duke, we only have to go 3-4 against teams that have any pulse whatsoever. We should be able to pull that off.
I mean, it's Vegas so it's just betting odds based on whatever it is they use. There are enough unknowns to make Pitt a tough call analytically. I'm okay with that. I don't think 8 wins is a disaster but you would like to see at least 9.

I think we are about 7-5 with Patti at QB, so if Slovis is good (not sure he is- he was good early on at USC but sucked last year) we should hit the over.

With Addison, I would have guessed us to go either 9-3 or 10-2. Without him, I'm still struggling to get a sense of everything.

I do think being stout on both lines is a massive advantage that can't be overlooked. And I don't know how much Vegas even takes that into account since they're really just adjusting according to public perception. But we destroy opposing quarterbacks, and we really pushed some teams around in the second half last year (Tennessee, Virginia Tech, and Clemson among others... none of which I imagine were particularly weak up front in comparison to what we'll be facing this year).

Like if we go 9-3 or 10-2 this year and Slovis returns, I think our O/U heading into '23 could be like 8.5. If that's the case, I'll bet the under because we're losing 78% of our starting lines. But I think that alone should get us to at least 8-4 this year.

Patti looked decent enough against MSU that if he is the back-up, they should win at least 8. Defense should make up for a drop off in the O, but they still have playmakers and depth.

Sounds about right. If Pitt beats WVU and Tennessee, 9-3 is in play. Split those two, 8-4 or 7-5. Remember, as history tells us, somewhere along the season Pitt will lose to an opponent where Pitt is favored by double digits. WMU? GT? Duke? ‘Cuse? We’ll see. Getting wins over WVU and Tennessee are huge.

I honestly thought the over last year was free money. My only regret was not putting even more on it (not that it ultimately matters, because I have a propensity for losing it all in the online slots anyway). This total is less obvious to me, with the departure of Addison. Will you be hammering the over (or the under) this year?

I think I'll still put something on the over. We have a ton of experience in the trenches, so I'd be surprised if we did worse than 8-4. Just too few holes on this team to only go 7-5 (which would basically be 5-5 against P5 competition).
Lol at playing online slots (or real life)

Lol at playing online slots (or real life)

I'll be laughing back at you when I hit the big one and am living next to Hollywood Addison on a beachfront property in Southern Cali, baby.

61412d7e5fefd.image.jpg

Last edited:
I would take the over if I knew Pitt wasn't going to have bad injury luck this year.

Injuries are always the wildcard, you can never predict how healthy a team is going to be.

FYI not sure where you saw this number but it’s way off. Both places I’ve seen with numbers up in Vegas have Pitt at 8.5 and heavily juiced to the over (-150). If someone really did post an off number like 7.5 it’s a mistake and they will soon fall in line with the others. I would recommend hitting that over for the max then playing under 8.5 +130 at one of the other places for a huge +EV opportunity.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Just checked Fanduel. The win total is 7.5 but at -160, way too high. At that price, my guess is that it will go to 8 at some point.

We can run the ball this year.

7.5.....8.5....it doesn't matter.

We will blow by the O/U about the same time the Democrats get slaughtered on Election Day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT