Kentucky 2-10

Ole Miss 7-6

Tennessee 4-8

Wake Forest 5-7

Total 29-67

Austin Peay 0-12

UMass 1-11

UAB 2-10

Georgia 8-5 (only top 25 win in Franklin's career)

Florida 4-8

Kentucky 2-10

TENN 5-7

WF 4-8

Total - 26-69

total for all

80-182

Comparing Vanderbilt's football program with PSU's football program is an apples to oranges comparison.

He has far exceeded Nitters' expectations already.

Oh, and Narduzzi lives rent-free in his head, which will be apparent on Saturday night.

Comparing Vanderbilt's football program with PSU's football program is an apples to oranges comparison.

Oh, and Narduzzi lives rent-free in his head, which will be apparent on Saturday night.

Not sure how to interrupt you message but one thing is apparent .
Pitt will win next Saturday . I guarantee it .

I wasnt comparing... I was saying why other coaches call him, rightfully, overrated.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Clearly he and his staff did a poor coaching job for Saturday. But the immense disparity in talent ultimately came through, as it seems to 95% of the time. And they survived, got a W and the system and media will protect them as they do all blue bloods. Weirdly, a middling team like us gets a far worse perception struggling or losing such games, but it's forgotten quickly for media favorites that legitimately SHOULD crush these teams.

We should feel flattered because it's certain the reason they were so poorly prepared for asu, is because they spent time in advance prepping for our game instead of for asu.

But the flattery won't mean much if that prep helps result in their coming out and stomping our backsides. Because like asu, they also exceed us in talent... which is already a problem, since ... well, see my second sentence above.

A missed FG, 100 plus yards in penalty yards and a pass through a WR's hands is what clearly came through.

Clearly he and his staff did a poor coaching job for Saturday. But the immense disparity in talent ultimately came through, as it seems to 95% of the time. And they survived, got a W and the system and media will protect them as they do all blue bloods. Weirdly, a middling team like us gets a far worse perception struggling or losing such games, but it's forgotten quickly for media favorites that legitimately SHOULD crush these teams.

We should feel flattered because it's certain the reason they were so poorly prepared for asu, is because they spent time in advance prepping for our game instead of for asu.

But the flattery won't mean much if that prep helps result in their coming out and stomping our backsides. Because like asu, they also exceed us in talent... which is already a problem, since ... well, see my second sentence above.

Texas, Michigan, Tennessee all got exposed. Thats 3 of the fraud 5
Exposed?

WVU was a big favorite against Tenn - Grier is a legit Heisman possibility.

ND was favored at home over Michigan - You could argue that Shea Patterson was exposed as a QB with a lot of unjustified hype.

Only Texas was a favorite that lost and here I would agree that their mental toughness and lack of a good QB was exposed.

What do you mean? You’re probably one of the people that want Narduzzi fired right? As long as he doesn’t win more than 7 games?

Just to refresh why he is overrated.

Franklins wins at Vandy:

Elon - 5-6 record

UConn - 5-7

Ole Miss 2-10

Army 3-9

Kentucky 4-7

Wake Forest 6-7

Total - 25-46

Presbetarian 2-9

Missouri 5-7

Auburn 3-9

UMass 1-11

Kentucky 2-10

Ole Miss 7-6

Tennessee 4-8

Wake Forest 5-7

Total 29-67

Austin Peay 0-12

UMass 1-11

UAB 2-10

Florida 4-8

Kentucky 2-10

TENN 5-7

WF 4-8

Total - 26-69

total for all

80-182
So dumb.

Please don't say that the talent came through. If the App St running back gets tackled before scoring the touchdown Game over. App St runs the clock down and wins the game.

Franklins wins at Vandy:

Elon - 5-6 record

UConn - 5-7

Ole Miss 2-10

Army 3-9

Kentucky 4-7

Wake Forest 6-7

Total - 25-46

Presbetarian 2-9

Missouri 5-7

Auburn 3-9

UMass 1-11

Kentucky 2-10

Ole Miss 7-6

Tennessee 4-8

Wake Forest 5-7

Total 29-67

Austin Peay 0-12

UMass 1-11

UAB 2-10

Florida 4-8

Kentucky 2-10

TENN 5-7

WF 4-8

Total - 26-69

total for all

80-182
I don't like defending anything related to PSU, but this post is just baiting and poorly thought out. Never mind that Vanderbilt was 4-20 in the 2 years before Franklin took over, or that he was the 3rd coach in 3 years at the school.

Franklin @ PSU wins - opponents' record

2014 39-45 SOS=53rd
2015 36-51 SOS=16th
2016 72-69 SOS=11th
2017 72-66 SOS=12th

Combined Win% of opponents - 49%

Narduzzi @ Pitt

2015 42-46 SOS=37th
2016 47-43 SOS=31st
2017 24-27 SOS=34th

Combined Win% of opponents - 49%

The poll you chose covered less than 21% of the coaches, none of whom I'd bet won 22 games over the past 2 years and a conference championship.

Fun fact, the same poll taken the year before had a tie for 2nd most overrated coach between Saban and Kiffin. Saban then won the National Championship 5 months later, and Kiffin took a team that went 3-9 for three strait years and won 11 games with them.

I hope Pitt beats them by 50, but Franklin has more than exceeded expectations in Happy Valley and I'd love to see some NFL team offer him $8 million next year(sadly I think PSU would match it).

Franklins wins at Vandy:

Elon - 5-6 record

UConn - 5-7

Ole Miss 2-10

Army 3-9

Kentucky 4-7

Wake Forest 6-7

Total - 25-46

Presbetarian 2-9

Missouri 5-7

Auburn 3-9

UMass 1-11

Kentucky 2-10

Ole Miss 7-6

Tennessee 4-8

Wake Forest 5-7

Total 29-67

Austin Peay 0-12

UMass 1-11

UAB 2-10

Florida 4-8

Kentucky 2-10

TENN 5-7

WF 4-8

Total - 26-69

total for all

80-182

Excellent.

Karma is on our side

Exposed?

WVU was a big favorite against Tenn - Grier is a legit Heisman possibility.

ND was favored at home over Michigan - You could argue that Shea Patterson was exposed as a QB with a lot of unjustified hype.

Only Texas was a favorite that lost and here I would agree that their mental toughness and lack of a good QB was exposed.

Michigan was favored over ND.

It’s funny how nationally Franklin is considered overrated but in Pittsburgh media it isn’t like that

Franklins wins at Vandy:

Elon - 5-6 record

UConn - 5-7

Ole Miss 2-10

Army 3-9

Kentucky 4-7

Wake Forest 6-7

Total - 25-46

Presbetarian 2-9

Missouri 5-7

Auburn 3-9

UMass 1-11

Kentucky 2-10

Ole Miss 7-6

Tennessee 4-8

Wake Forest 5-7

Total 29-67

Austin Peay 0-12

UMass 1-11

UAB 2-10

Florida 4-8

Kentucky 2-10

TENN 5-7

WF 4-8

Total - 26-69

total for all

80-182
And - over just the last two years - Washington, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc etc etc .

Drink up!!!

Reactions: NittanyLogan'11
And - over just the last two years - Washington, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc etc etc .

Drink up!!!
Michigan?!? LOL.

etc, etc, etc (because you couldn't come up w/ any other overrated teams?)

Washington played ONE ranked team all of last season prior to Bowl game.
Wisconsin beat who in 2016? 8-4 LSU in the opening game before their coach was canned?
The OSU that lost 31-0 to Clemson?

Anyone with a brain can see that Franklin is overrated. His resume screams it when you look beyond the peripherals.

That said, Penn State is taking advantage of the system as it exists, so good for you. Beat a bunch of cupcakes and reap the rewards. Can't blame you for that. The general sports fan population isn't that bright and eats it up.

Michigan?!? LOL.

etc, etc, etc (because you couldn't come up w/ any other overrated teams?)

Washington played ONE ranked team all of last season prior to Bowl game.
Wisconsin beat who in 2016? 8-4 LSU in the opening game before their coach was canned?
The OSU that lost 31-0 to Clemson?

Anyone with a brain can see that Franklin is overrated. His resume screams it when you look beyond the peripherals.

That said, Penn State is taking advantage of the system as it exists, so good for you. Beat a bunch of cupcakes and reap the rewards. Can't blame you for that. The general sports fan population isn't that bright and eats it up.

Are there any good teams in college football? Can you name who would be a quality win?

Just checkin because you left out the “Franklin is knocking it out of the park” part in your text.

Knocking what out Of the park? He had unlimited resources, insane cult that will do anything, and he still loses coaches every year, has personnel issues and plays mediocre vs a jv schedule

Reactions: W1np1tt

Drink up!!!

Haha... Congrats, the ONLY marquee win on his resume was a team that lost to the team we beat, at their place, by 31 points in front of a national audience.

Are there any good teams in college football? Can you name who would be a quality win?
OSU was still a very quality win. My point is simply they were proven to be a bit of frauds.

Wisconsin and Washington are good wins, no doubt. But they hardly were worthy of their rankings, IMO.

With unbalanced in-conference schedules and some teams challenging themselves less than others OOC, it's harder to tell who the real 'quality' teams are anymore.

OSU was still a very quality win. My point is simply they were proven to be a bit of frauds.

Wisconsin and Washington are good wins, no doubt. But they hardly were worthy of their rankings, IMO.

With unbalanced in-conference schedules and some teams challenging themselves less than others OOC, it's harder to tell who the real 'quality' teams are anymore.

I do agree unbalanced schedules make it extremely difficult to judge who's good and who's benefited from a favorable schedule. Teams also evolve as a season goes along. I'm in favor of an expanded playoff to sort it all out at the end. Include all the top teams from every conference including a team like Central Florida last year to slug it out. Otherwise we make our judgements based on a small sample size of non-conference games, meaningless bowl games and a program's past history.

Knocking what out Of the park? He had unlimited resources, insane cult that will do anything, and he still loses coaches every year, has personnel issues and plays mediocre vs a jv schedule

Why are some Pitt fan so insecure and in denial? You didn’t notice Penn State in the Top 12 the last couple of years? Or the Major Bowls Franklin coached them to. Why is it so hard for some of you to realize the guy is a good coach and has done well at Penn State?

This is a statement of the obvious...

Jim Dunaway
@jimdunaway

“If Joe Moorhead hadn't coached at Penn State, James Franklin wouldn't still be the head coach. He saved Franklin's job."

This is probably true, but then we should be giving credit to Franklin for hiring Moorhead, a no-name coach from an FCS school that no one even knew about.

And I'd argue that's probably a head coach's BIGGEST responsibility. Being able to find high quality assistants and recruits that fit with your program. It's absolutely foolish to downplay this.

It's like someone saying, "Well, Tom Brady is only a good QB because he makes good decisions with the ball. Take that away and he sucks."

This is probably true, but then we should be giving credit to Franklin for hiring Moorhead, a no-name coach from an FCS school that no one even knew about.

And I'd argue that's probably a head coach's BIGGEST responsibility. Being able to find high quality assistants and recruits that fit with your program. It's absolutely foolish to downplay this.

It's like someone saying, "Well, Tom Brady is only a good QB because he makes good decisions with the ball. Take that away and he sucks."
IMO Wanny would still be here if he knew how to hire competent coordinators that were able to compensate for his deficiencies.

He recruited well just had game day problems trying to manage and process to much information!

Wanny did well until it got to be crunch time in a game and he had to make quick decisions and needed more input/help and his half time adjustments could have been better. Again better coordinators and assitants would have helped him in these areas.

Wanny and Franklin are similar except Franklin is a better manager, knows he needs help and goes out and gets it.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Reactions: pbrad
IMO Wanny would still be here if he knew how to hire competent coordinators that were able to compensate for his deficiencies.

He recruited well just had game day problems trying to manage and process to much information!

Wanny and Franklin are similar except Franklin is a better manager, knows he needs help and goes out and gets it.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Completely agree. Wanny was the best recruiter that we've had in a while. If he coulda just found someone else to handle the X and O's!

Wanny should have been so bad....

He could have put those expensive suits on and gone into homes to capture mommy and daddy and the kid...

Be the one to instill the discipline and rules, tell the stories about MNCs, SBs etc....and give The details to the coordinators.
Maybe he’d still be here...

But no he had to bullhead everything, and do it like “Jimmy and me” did...in the 80s

Why are some Pitt fan so insecure and in denial? You didn’t notice Penn State in the Top 12 the last couple of years? Or the Major Bowls Franklin coached them to. Why is it so hard for some of you to realize the guy is a good coach and has done well at Penn State?

He has done well there. I think people are saying he is overrated, that is all. Hard to deny that, why would that be so hard.

Pitt has had better wins over the same time. Are you saying Narduzzi is clearly the better coach?

My original post was just showing how lame the victories were at Vanderbilt and why the 'overrated' label that other DI coaches gave him is accurate.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Which better wins have we had? I can think of one, which is Clemson. Nothing else has impressed me. And we've had some pretty bad losses to go with those. Please get out of here with that stupidity.

-Pitt knocked Penn State out of the playoffs 2 years ago. That is better then the Clemson win or anything Penn State won. Pitt officially ruined Penn State's playoff chances. Pitt officially ruined Penn State's chance at a championship. Pitt ruined Penn State's entire season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT