ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

Has anyone heard any news on Matty lopes or Jack Consiglio? Just wandering cause of mutual follows on twitter, and both are looking mighty good at Escape the Rock tournament.
He had official visits to princeton and columbia, I would guess he goes to an ivy or a stanford/NU

I know these aren’t always 100% accurate but our 2024 recruiting class isn’t even ranked in the top 25. That’s not good and I hope we have some high ranked recruits on the hook. Makes it hard to be in top 10-15 consistently

Reactions: jctrack
I know these aren’t always 100% accurate but our 2024 recruiting class isn’t even ranked in the top 25. That’s not good and I hope we have some high ranked recruits on the hook. Makes it hard to be in top 10-15 consistently
We really only have one significant recruit for '24 so far, right? (Evans) McKay is solid too, I think. But its still early, isnt it?

Reactions: jctrack
It is definitely early, I was just seeing all the top teams have 3-5 recruits already verbally committed. I think our only commitment is that Jackson Young out of New Jersey. Evans,McKay, and Chappel are 2023 class.

Reactions: persp
It is definitely early, I was just seeing all the top teams have 3-5 recruits already verbally committed. I think our only commitment is that Jackson Young out of New Jersey. Evans,McKay, and Chappel are 2023 class.
Gotcha. Gage Wright is a '24? He would be a huge pickup if they can land him.

Is there anyone else of note on the radar? Im not as tuned into wrestling recruiting as football

Gotcha. Gage Wright is a '24? He would be a huge pickup if they can land him.

Is there anyone else of note on the radar? Im not as tuned into wrestling recruiting as football
Joey Simon from Waynesburg is a '24 commit to Pitt. Harer and Lawrence are the highest non- committed PA guys in 24' but they don't have any real Pitt links. Hogan, Manville and Garvick are all uncommitted and from PA, so I could see them making sense but there are lots of Pitt recruits in the 57-74 range already and Mac+Pitzer have the upper weights locked up. Obviously there are plenty of very good non-pa guys available but those are harder to project a relationship with. If I was Pitt I am looking at Becthold and or Lachman from 24 class, in-state guys who are very projectable and both made the jump from 172 to 189/215 very successfully. They could be candidates at 197 or HWT, even 184 in an unlikely case. Since they are not as highly ranked recruits it is also more likely they would be okay with sitting for a year a two/having to really compete for a starting spot.

Last edited:
Joey Simon from Waynesburg is a '24 commit to Pitt. Harer and Lawrence are the highest non- committed PA guys in 24' but they don't have any real Pitt links. Hogan, Manville and Garvick are all uncommitted and from PA, so I could see them making sense but there are lots of Pitt recruits in the 57-74 range already and Mac+Pitzer have the upper weights locked up. Obviously there are plenty of very good non-pa guys available but those are harder to project a relationship with. If I was Pitt I am looking at Becthold and or Lachman from 24 class, in-state guys who are very projectable and both made the jump from 172 to 189/215 very successfully. They could be candidates at 197 or HWT, even 184 in an unlikely case. Since they are not as highly ranked recruits it is also more likely they would be okay with sitting for a year a two/having to really compete for a starting spot.

Outsider here too, what's the scoop on the kid from Frazier? Headed to Lehigh with his brother? Dude might be going there a four-time PIAA champ.

Reactions: DevilDog42
ADVERTISEMENT