ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

It’s a long way from his home town but Taylor lamont just entered the transfer portal from Utah valley, he was an all-American 2 years ago at 125
Gotta think he ends up somewhere they're known for training Greco, right?

Ny-in-hwees is very interesting, who knows if he wants to come but I'm sure the staff is all over that one.

Wyatt Henson is joining AHR at Oklahoma. In my opinion, any instance of WPIAL->OU is pretty horrible news. Sure don't want that pipeline getting any stronger.

Reactions: lucac
Gotta think he ends up somewhere they're known for training Greco, right?

Ny-in-hwees is very interesting, who knows if he wants to come but I'm sure the staff is all over that one.

Wyatt Henson is joining AHR at Oklahoma. In my opinion, any instance of WPIAL->OU is pretty horrible news. Sure don't want that pipeline getting any stronger.

I see Nijenhuis ended up choosing Oklahoma. Looks like they really are pushing pretty heavy into the WPIAL with your afformentioned AHR and Jake Woodley as well. Not good news for Pitt if they keep digging around here.

• Angry
Reactions: _DBHoops
I see Nijenhuis ended up choosing Oklahoma. Looks like they really are pushing pretty heavy into the WPIAL with your afformentioned AHR and Jake Woodley as well. Not good news for Pitt if they keep digging around here.
Wyatt Henson too! Seems like the WPIAL classes of like, '18-20 are consolidating at OU and the classes of '21-23 are consolidating at Pitt.

Edit: came to say, Brandon Meredith in the portal. He had some decent results at 125 a couple years ago and hasn't wrestled much since, so it's hard to say if he's better than Camacho or not. Has two years left if he wants them.

I think his 125 days are behind him. He wrestled 133 and even 141 last couple years

Though he wouldn’t be bad at 133 if Philippi decides not to stick around for his 5th year

Few notable commitments that have been made over the summer:
Ethan Lebin to Bucknell
Scott Johnson to clarion
Kasak to PSU
Jarsaruso to George Mason
Condemetti to Oregon state
Furman to Cornell
Mason Gibson to Cornell

Reactions: lucac
I see Gabe Willochel formerly from Edinboro is in the transfer portal. If Cole doesn’t stick around for this extra year, he might be worth a look.

I’m alittle slow, took me awhile, love to see Dylan in blue and gold, lol
Dylan continues to seriously impress. 33-12 through 1.25 years, with no really bad losses and some good ranked wins (A Rini, G Strickland, D Peterson). Beat WVU's Titus 3-0 this year after losing 8-1 last year.

Still seems unclear right now when & where he'll break into the Bison lineup. Bucknell has a decent 133 and 141, both of whom will have at least a year of eligibility left.

Does anybody know of any late signees for 2023 or any new guys that Pitt is recruiting? Are we still in on Gaige Wright? Just checking in on any recruiting news that anyone is hearing?

Matty Lopes made a visit he has not committed anywhere so assuming they are still pursuing. No news on Wright that I have seen. Ben Bast is a guy I am keeping an eye on but don’t know interest

Reactions: Silkky1982
Fantastic! Make sure they check out how well Pitt is doing at midlands haha!

Talked to Gauge and his dad, it looks like it’s down to Pitt/WVU with him liking a Pitt but concerned about city living growing up rural
One if the nice things about Pittsburgh is you can go 45 min in any direction and basically be in a rural area. Good hunting and fishing if he likes that.

Reactions: persp
Talked to Gauge and his dad, it looks like it’s down to Pitt/WVU with him liking a Pitt but concerned about city living growing up rural
Morgantown isn’t rural or anything along the lines of what someone who consider a pristine campus. Hopefully he isn’t fooled into believing it.

He isn't overly explosive or quick, but always in good position and wrestles smart. Currently, he has been slowed by a nagging knee injury. Good wrestler on top and beats good kids in close matches.
Sounds like a Ryan Michaels type. Good pickup then

Simon has had some top tier wins over the years but i know he has dealt with some injuries. High ceiling guy for sure I like the Michaels comparison who has developed into an NCAA qualifier level wrestler. Definitely a good get 5.6 three star

Has anyone heard any news on Matty lopes or Jack Consiglio? Just wandering cause of mutual follows on twitter, and both are looking mighty good at Escape the Rock tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT