ADVERTISEMENT

Panthers Ready To Battle No. 3 Clemson Amid Lack Of Respect, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Coach Pat makes some comments on how much talent in the ACC versus he experienced in the Big Ten. Also, what is the state of his Players & Program. Clemson being a great test and looking forward to how his Players continue to respond to the scheme, execute against great Players, and playing in Clemson Stadium designed for maximum booing, screaming, and tough place for Visiting Teams! Panthers 20 point Under Dogs! Duke & Cuse won't be easy wins by any means either!
Excerpts:
Pitt will battle two formidable foes Saturday when it ventures into Death Valley for the first time to play No. 3 Clemson.

• The unbeaten Tigers (9-0, 6-0) are the toughest of the two, of course, with four underclassmen — quarterback Deshaun Watson, running back Wayne Gallman and wide receivers Artavis Scott and Mike Williams — already declaring their intentions of entering the 2017 NFL Draft.

• The other is the national perception that Pitt isn't deserving of the respect coach Pat Narduzzi is trying so desperately to earn for his team.................

Narduzzi doesn't sound like a coach looking for sympathy. “I think our guys have confidence going into this game as far as who they are and what they've done this year and that's important,” he said. “We'll see what happens Saturday at 3:30. It really doesn't matter what you did in the past, either team. It matters what you do right then.”.....................

How far is Pitt from reaching Clemson's level and competing for an ACC championship and a playoff berth? A fortified roster would be a good start.“We need in a couple years for Senior Day to have four guys walking out there leaving early because they're projected first-rounders,” Narduzzi said. “That's what you need. We have a ways to go.” Narduzzi really didn't want to talk about the progress Pitt has made in his first 22 games (13-9). “I'm thinking about Clemson,” he said...........

“The kids understand our scheme,” he said. On defense, Narduzzi said his unit is “in position probably 95 percent of the time. We have to get them in position the other 5 percent. We have to grow into making those plays. “Sometimes when you're playing really good players you're going to lose some of those battles.”Pitt has encountered several outstanding wide receivers, including Oklahoma State's James Washington, North Carolina's Ryan Switzer and Bug Howard, Virginia Tech's Isaiah Ford, Bucky Hodges and Cam Phillips and Miami's Stacy Coley and Ahmmon Richards. “This weekend, we're going to run into some more,” he said. “When you look at the end of the year and you look at the draft, you're going to see we played against a lot of good players. “That's what I see is one of the differences from what I had in the Big Ten.”..............

LINK:
http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/11460594-74/clemson-pitt-narduzzi

Last edited:
Reactions: TD_istheman
I don't think the OP is defending the lack of respect thing but rather stating it with a source.

The WRs for Clemson must have woken up like an 8 yr old on Christmas

Expect Pitt to not only play Clemson today but also the officials too, the ACC doesn't want Pitt to take Clemson out of the playoffs just like the officials didn't want Pitt to beat wvu and even Rutgers that same year I think was 2007

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Expect Pitt to not only play Clemson today but also the officials too, the ACC doesn't want Pitt to take Clemson out of the playoffs just like the officials didn't want Pitt to beat wvu and even Rutgers that same year I think was 2007
I tend not believe the Ref fixes but it has happen many times before in All Conferences and just enough to change the outcomes.

However, in this game, Clemson is a bigger and faster then Miami with a Defense that can beat and play anyone like they showed against Bama last year, and ULou this year.

Hope to see more consistent Offense with less mistakes, and still a wounded defense working on developing its execution on big pass plays, but this time RB/QB Runs will be hard to stop anyway.

I never expected a Clemson Win or even a Close game, and not a good measurement since the Defense has been bad all year and should be worst due to injuries, and so hard to compare now.

Clemson has to commit many Turnovers and just be unprepared to play and don't see that happening all of last year or this year? Pitt has had trouble with every QB this year and Super QB will be even harder! If it is close near the end, I agree, watch the Flags Fly! But Clemson can fly against anyone, not just Pitt!

Narduzzi has been an early disappointment. When his team gets killed today I can't wait to hear his spin.

One of the most ridiculous things I ever watched on live television. It was 2007 at Rutgers. Oderick Turner caught the game winning TD pass despite blatant PI from the defender. Flag thrown, decline the penalty right? Wrong. The call went on the offense. You literally can't make this stuff up. I have never seen such a blatantly corrupt officiating call as that play.

I tend not believe the Ref fixes but it has happen many times before in All Conferences and just enough to change the outcomes.

However, in this game, Clemson is a bigger and faster then Miami with a Defense that can beat and play anyone like they showed against Bama last year, and ULou this year.

Hope to see more consistent Offense with less mistakes, and still a wounded defense working on developing its execution on big pass plays, but this time RB/QB Runs will be hard to stop anyway.

I never expected a Clemson Win or even a Close game, and not a good measurement since the Defense has been bad all year and should be worst due to injuries, and so hard to compare now.

Clemson has to commit many Turnovers and just be unprepared to play and don't see that happening all of last year or this year? Pitt has had trouble with every QB this year and Super QB will be even harder! If it is close near the end, I agree, watch the Flags Fly! But Clemson can fly against anyone, not just Pitt!
2 penalties one stopped a Pitt drive and the other kept a Clemson drive going. Did not look like an p I penalty on Lewis, and not only that, did they really have anything to overturn the call on the fumble at the goal line when whitehead returned it 100 yds

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT