ADVERTISEMENT

Panthers vs. The VT Emasculated Turkeys Gamethread

Nov 2, 2016
Lets Go Pitt

We all know VT fears playing Pitt every single year. He is hoping we go in there today and give it everything we've got. Anything is possible. Going to need a big day running the ball and some sound tackling on defense to bring the upset to life. It is a perfect Westren Pa day to sit inside and enjoy some good football.

Don't forget to flip over to AT&T sportsnet to watch our home field getting torn to shreds during the Wpial Championships today. This Quips v. Quaker Valley game has been an absolute turnover frenzy.

What’s crazy is VT has slipped to 6-3 and 3-3 in Conference. 2 stupid and winnable games (Cuse/UNC) go the other way and we’re 6-4/4-2, not drastically different. But that’s the way it goes, VT had a winnable game they lost last week themselves.

Pat Narduzzi's D is playing the same as always in the early going. Soft as charmin.

Why the f$$$ is Mike Herndon playing?

I almost thing Narduzzi is trying to lose.

Tired of him

One of the worst defensive drives I've ever seen to get things started. Every play was easy for VT. We are totally unprepared so far.

This just can’t keep happening with the defense. Talk inexperience and note that a freshman QB and freshman RB (I believe) were big for VT on that drive.

10 into the season and he’s still playing Briggs and Herndon.

Our defense is actually worse than are offense.

People don’t like Watson should hate Narduzzi

If I was that TE and there wasn't unsportsmanlike calls after the stiff arm to Briggs I would have ran up to him after the play and lift my leg on him like a urinating dog because that's all he was good for on that play.

How long are we going to have to endure this absurd defense? Why is Dennis Briggs on the field? He's awful. Brightwell is MIA in the middle. How many times have we seen opposing WR's running across the middle with absolutely no one within 5 yards? You simply will never win games playing like this.

Cruzer

Play Henry miller or Phil Campbell.

I’d only play Briggs if it was down to him or Bob Junko

On that pass to Weah, if he knew how to high point the ball, he'd have stopped sooner and let the DB past him, jump and get the ball where only HE could catch it. He hasn't come close to showing that ability yet. The DB had good coverage, but a good receiver has the advantage of knowing where the ball is and adjusting

10 into the season and he’s still playing Briggs and Herndon.

Still teaching lessons to more talented players that it’s not how good you are, it’s how hard you practice. That gets annoying.

Put Kam Carter, Wheeler, Campbell and Garner in there.

Reactions: bobfree
How is that neither Narduzzi nor Watson can see how truly awful DiNucci is? I don't care how "ready" Pickett is.... we will never win crap with DiNucci at QB. Grow a set and play the young guy.

Cruzer

Dumb and dumber. If Pickett doesn't get substantial playing time today and next week, he's beyond stupid.

I agree. I give them every benefit of the doubt . But Dinucci is so horrible that I truly think the wild cat and no an would work better

Players from both teams slipping all over the place... hope Pitt brought different spikes with them to adjust

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT