ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford Update?

I like Nards and the way he uses like 7 or 8 guys on Offense with the end a rounds .............. anyways what that him or that triator that left ?

Do you guys think Pitt will still use the end a round ?

This really sucks. Clear gem of the class and seems extremely unlikely he is able to enroll. Class takes a steep drop without Ford.

Prep School.
Prep school is no longer an option. You may only retake one course to qualify post graduation/4th year after entering 9th grade. If he didn't qualify is options are to enroll at Pitt, pay his own way the first year and lose a year of eligibility. He would not be allowed to practice with the team. He could also go to JUCO and graduate then enroll.

Last edited:
The report by Alan Saunders on June 23rd (after SAT's were released) said he still has a chance to be eligible if he works at it this summer. That leads me to think there is still a chance?

The report by Alan Saunders on June 23rd (after SAT's were released) said he still has a chance to be eligible if he works at it this summer. That leads me to think there is still a chance?
Like most reporters he is clueless on NCAA rules. In that same article it says prep school is option even though the NCAA closed that loophole two years ago.

To be eligible you have to have a minimum GPA in NCAA Core Courses. (Eliminates electives and courses like gym class). The GPA has a sliding scale of test scores. Prior to 2016 a student could repeat as many courses as they wanted at prep school. So I kid could go to a school like Milford and repeat 4 years worth of math and science courses getting A's and raise their GPA so that a lower SAT score would make them eligible. Post 2016 the NCAA says you may only repeat one course in summer school or prep school after graduating or 4 years after you enter 9th grade. So the loophole is no closed.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCvNYC

That is dated June 26, after those dates. Obviously he doesn't think the door was shut on June 22.
I never said it did. I was just correcting the poster who said they were waiting for the test score. He may only be one course away from qualifying. We won't know until August.

Probably the best hope to hang a hat on is that the PG would have immediately published a gloating article if he definitely would fail to make it. No news might be the best news right now.
I think the spin would be something like "PSU lands another 4 star recruit, meanwhile Pitt 4 star recruit deemed academically ineligible."

Reactions: PittMan2003
Like most reporters he is clueless on NCAA rules. In that same article it says prep school is option even though the NCAA closed that loophole two years ago.

To be eligible you have to have a minimum GPA in NCAA Core Courses. (Eliminates electives and courses like gym class). The GPA has a sliding scale of test scores. Prior to 2016 a student could repeat as many courses as they wanted at prep school. So I kid could go to a school like Milford and repeat 4 years worth of math and science courses getting A's and raise their GPA so that a lower SAT score would make them eligible. Post 2016 the NCAA says you may only repeat one course in summer school or prep school after graduating or 4 years after you enter 9th grade. So the loophole is no closed.

I think it is difficult to conclude what his options are without knowing his GPA in the 16 core courses and his SAT or ACT scores at present ...... depending on what his grades and SAT scores are, improvement in one grade could make him a full qualifier or enable him to enroll as an academic redshirt ...... going from a "D" to an "A" in one course could increase his GPA in the core courses by about 0.15-0.20 which would also decrease the SAT score required by about 60-70 points.

If he doesn't make the requirements for a full qualifier or academic redshirt after the course he is taking now, then he likely will need to go JUCO .... although unlikely, I would not totally 100% rule out a prep school if he is very close to qualifying and doesn't get an "A" in the summer course, as he could get an "A" at the prep school (to raise his GPA as above) and also would be able to take the SAT again to try and raise his score ( I think the prep school option is the least likely outcome but since we don't know his GPA in the core courses and SAT scores right now, we can't rule it out 100%).

I'm sure that Pitt is fully aware of his situation and has advised him ..... if he is still taking a course to try and qualify, then he may well be close to qualifying ...... time will tell how this turns out.

Not sure who are Pitt fans and who aren't on this thread but lots of misinformation on here. He is retaking the exam.

I also heard there may be some Hamlin news?? Anyone heard anything? I'm not posting it

Not sure who are Pitt fans and who aren't on this thread but lots of misinformation on here. He is retaking the exam.

I also heard there may be some Hamlin news?? Anyone heard anything? I'm not posting it
Not sure but we are pitt so we are due for at least 2 more pieces of terrible news or it wouldn't be an off season for us. Tipton was bad but we are pitt so we need at least a few more arrests or some other pieces of bad news before I feel comfortable.

Not sure but we are pitt so we are due for at least 2 more pieces of terrible news or it wouldn't be an off season for us. Tipton was bad but we are pitt so we need at least a few more arrests or some other pieces of bad news before I feel comfortable.

According to @Stevelimfor3 you are correct

What is "the exam"? He is not retaking a standardized (SAT or ACT) test at this point. He can't.

Last edited:
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/scores/getting-scores

1) The results will become available today for the SAT that was taken in June. We should hear something in the next day or so.

2) There is another SAT in August and the results are available September 18.
The last test he could have taken to be eligible for 2017 was more than a month ago and thus he couldn't be retaking any SAT/ACT, unless he goes to prep or JUCO. So, him "putting in study time" on June 26th couldn't be for a 2017 eligible SAT/ACT.

The last test he could have taken to be eligible for 2017 was more than a month ago and thus he couldn't be retaking any SAT/ACT, unless he goes to prep or JUCO. So, him "putting in study time" on June 26th couldn't be for a 2017 eligible SAT/ACT.
Maybe he is in summer school and was studying for a test or doing other school work.

Unfortunately for players like this the time to study was the last four years not the final few months of HS?

Maybe he is in summer school and was studying for a test or doing other school work.
Agreed. I imagine that is what he was doing. My point was with the poster saying "the exam" and not "a class" which seems to indicate they think he is taking the SAT/ACT again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT