ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford

Ok. So I am starting to be a bit concerned now.Ford has removed mention of Pitt on his Twitter. Something is surely up and no one is talking about it.

It is a bummer because I could see Paris and a few others opting out. I was excited for a full strength Panthers team, but without a few of their top guys it will be a weaker team and watching football just to watch football.

Beat it kid. Get back to milking cows
9 you are joking right? I am born and raised in 412. I very serious is seems like there might be some issues behind the scenes that no one is discussing. I hope I'm wrong but people have been indirectly insinuating for a few days no I'm starting to wonder. I was hoping some one on here had some type of inside scoop. But please don't ever lump me in with the likes of that fan base. They are in large part detestable and I expect more out of you as a head coach on here. You should have better discernment than that.

It is a bummer because I could see Paris and a few others opting out. I was excited for a full strength Panthers team, but without a few of their top guys it will be a weaker team and watching football just to watch football.
At what point are you going to realize you’re not going to be watching football this fall?

Reactions: BPKY
9 you are joking right? I am born and raised in 412. I very serious is seems like there might be some issues behind the scenes that no one is discussing. I hope I'm wrong but people have been indirectly insinuating for a few days no I'm starting to wonder. I was hoping some one on here had some type of inside scoop. But please don't ever lump me in with the likes of that fan base. They are in large part detestable and I expect more out of you as a head coach on here. You should have better discernment than that.
Yeah, all it takes is a quick search on BWI to see that you’re not from there and that you’re a Pitt guy. Shouldn’t have to defend yourself or give your backstory, but guards tend to be “up” around here when it comes to other fanbases.

As for your original comment, you may very well be right. I think it’s all for naught since, like someone else mentioned, the season will very likely not happen. But, we shall see.

why would ford opt out? he's at best a 3rd round projection at this point.

In last year's draft, yes. He would have gotten lost in the crowd.

i have seen nothing about him going in the first 2 rounds. and imo, if you aren't in that area, you should play (if possible).

where have you seen him higher?

It's why I can give two bleeps about any football related posts on this site. I am not going to get my hopes up. There won't be college football this year.

i have seen nothing about him going in the first 2 rounds. and imo, if you aren't in that area, you should play (if possible).

where have you seen him higher?

Depends on where you look but he’s generally regarded as the best safety of one of the top three that will be eligible. These things come down to defensive style and need. I think he comes out already if he had more preseason love last year. Now that he’s on everyone’s radar it’s an easier call.

I think he comes out already if he had more preseason love last year. Now that he’s on everyone’s radar it’s an easier call.

Pre-2019 season love? What difference does it make what they thought of him in August 2019? He put it on tape during the year.

Depends on where you look but he’s generally regarded as the best safety of one of the top three that will be eligible. These things come down to defensive style and need. I think he comes out already if he had more preseason love last year. Now that he’s on everyone’s radar it’s an easier call.

i looked it up and he's a second rounder in a few mocks. then there's this one where twyman is #10 overall, jones is a 7th rounder (he's 1st - 3rd rounder everywhere else), and paris isn't even drafted.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2021/

Reactions: pittdan77
i looked it up and he's a second rounder in a few mocks. then there's this one where twyman is #10 overall, jones is a 7th rounder (he's 1st - 3rd rounder everywhere else), and paris isn't even drafted.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2021/

It's hard to know. Given how the safety position is turning into another LB in the short-yardage passing game, Ford's ability to close and read the run game is going to make him valuable. He has NFL closing speed and seems to have improved his passing game reads. Only knock might be how long it took him to pick up Pitt's scheme but that should be fixed.

Reactions: BPKY
At what point are you going to realize you’re not going to be watching football this fall?
It't not over until it's over. Right now these 3 conferences are showing no signs of slowing down. Cases in the country are on the decline and we are about a month away.

It's hard to know. Given how the safety position is turning into another LB in the short-yardage passing game, Ford's ability to close and read the run game is going to make him valuable. He has NFL closing speed and seems to have improved his passing game reads. Only knock might be how long it took him to pick up Pitt's scheme but that should be fixed.

Safety is one of those positions that takes time to adapt once you reach the NFL so any additional experience would probably help, particularly if you put a lot of stock into the time necessary to pick up the scheme.

If you saw Paris up close last season, he didn’t seem to have the upper body size you’d like in an NFL safety. Hamlin looked more physically ready for the NFL, IMHO...

Hoping Paris has added some muscle.

Go Pitt.

Fair enough. I see the closing speed and tackling.

No one that has played at Heinz Field has closed quicker from the S position since prime Polamalu. Some are debatable but I doubt anyone affirmatively is quicker than Ford in that area.

No one that has played at Heinz Field has closed quicker from the S position since prime Polamalu. Some are debatable but I doubt anyone affirmatively is quicker than Ford in that area.

I had the chance to sit in the upper deck of the end zone and watch Ed Reed close on guys. I swear he was baiting Ben to throw to guys on the sidelines. The speed in the NFL is just unreal.

Paris has matured as a player. Skill Wise I think he's a 2ND rounder. It really depends on his testing.

How do you think he will test? He almost seems like more of a game speed type player than a clock speed one but I have never heard a real time on him.

How do you think he will test? He almost seems like more of a game speed type player than a clock speed one but I have never heard a real time on him.

Agree with you that he seems to be a guy who is faster in a game. With the adrenaline going and his instincts he clearly plays fast in games. Probably faster than many guys who are faster than him in a 40.

ADVERTISEMENT