ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
said to have been upset about being taken out in the 3rd qtr (per Narduzzi post game)

Kid is either poorly coached or has a low Football IQ. Just makes too many awful plays

Paris plays on emotion a bit too much. I think as he matures and begins to think the game more he will become an effective, physical safety in the nfl.

Leave the brother alone. He does what he is coached to do. He's a run-first safety. As is Hamlin... as is Hallet (who shockingly is the nickel back) and he gets,,, well... he gets put in a position he cannot perform to his ability. That's a nice way of putting it.

He plays 5-8 yards off the LOS. That is NOT normal. He can't see the field properly and he sure as hell can't read the QB. He's basically just another LB and he does his role well. Now Whitehead was just a freak athlete who could overcome this BS.

Leave the brother alone. He does what he is coached to do. He's a run-first safety. As is Hamlin... as is Hallet (who shockingly is the nickel back) and he gets,,, well... he gets put in a position he cannot perform to his ability. That's a nice way of putting it.

He plays 5-8 yards off the LOS. That is NOT normal. He can't see the field properly and he sure as hell can't read the QB. He's basically just another LB and he does his role well. Now Whitehead was just a freak athlete who could overcome this BS.

he doesn’t usually do what he’s coached to do tho. He freelances around and is often late to meetings. He’s a great physical talent but is sometimes difficult to deal with.

said to have been upset about being taken out in the 3rd qtr (per Narduzzi post game)

He was not in a good mood, to say the least.

Of course the proper response would be to tell him that if he played a little better and the game didn't get so far out of hand they probably wouldn't have been taking him out.

Reactions: gary2
Ford seems like a tough hard nosed run stopper with a mean streak. He’s also a DB by trade that doesn’t fare that well in pass coverage.

Probably translates to a mid round pick that never really has much success in the NFL. May have been a better career move to bulk up while still in school and transition to outside LB.

Ford seems like a tough hard nosed run stopper with a mean streak. He’s also a DB by trade that doesn’t fare that well in pass coverage.

Probably translates to a mid round pick that never really has much success in the NFL. May have been a better career move to bulk up while still in school and transition to outside LB.
I don’t think he has the frame for OLB at the pro level. There were some question marks regarding Jordan Whitehead in college and he is starting in the pros. I think Ford has a decent chance in the pros under the right system.

Might be the worse coaching I have seen in a long time. Players taking bad angles, poor effort on tackling. Ford & Hallett on the respective long TD's by ND....terrible. Another game, no turnovers for the elite defense.

Little things that have been discussed, discipline, etc. When Jaques dropped another easy catch that hit him right in the hands.....did he come out? Nope, lined back up on the very next play.

Whipple, what more needs to be said. I thought Paul Hackett or Ken Karcher were the worse coordinators. Not so. We are a laughing stock for having the QB come over to get almost EVERY play! I timed a few of them.....takes between 20 & 25 seconds before QB is back in the huddle. We don't line up at scrimmage until maybe 10-12 seconds left, no time to bring anyone in motion. Think about it, what team never brings anyone in motion!!! Total insanity!

Ford is a good kid. Emotional at times? Maybe.

I'll always give him credit for coming to Pitt and wanting to play for his hometown team. He could have gone anywhere. After watching Pitt play against local talent the last two weeks and losing, that's saying a lot.

If I'm Ford, Hamlin, Jones and Weaver, I opt out the rest of the season...

I don’t think he has the frame for OLB at the pro level. There were some question marks regarding Jordan Whitehead in college and he is starting in the pros. I think Ford has a decent chance in the pros under the right system.

Definitely think they are comparable players, don’t think Ford quite as good as Whitehead though.

Just not sure Ford has a huge NFL future as a DB.

Ford is a good kid. Emotional at times? Maybe.

I'll always give him credit for coming to Pitt and wanting to play for his hometown team. He could have gone anywhere. After watching Pitt play against local talent the last two weeks and losing, that's saying a lot.

If I'm Ford, Hamlin, Jones and Weaver, I opt out the rest of the season...
I think they have

Would not mind seeing more Morgan, Kancey and Jules

Would not mind seeing some Battle, Tallinder, Mack and Royal

A little more energy on the DL and hopefully sounder play in the deep secondary

Last edited:
He is a great player who has been coached well.

He didn’t drop the int their tight end clearly knocked it away. The guy is a fantastic player that will be making lots of money in the pros
He’s a tremendous talent who needs to get his head screwed on straight, play under control and within his assignments, and who is clearly not being coached very well. He has regressed this year and the poor play at CB has exposed some of his flaws as a coverage safety. For the record it’s not a lack of physical talent and athleticism. He has plenty of that. .

He’s a tremendous talent who needs to get his head screwed on straight, play under control and within his assignments, and who is clearly not being coached very well. He has regressed this year and the poor play at CB has exposed some of his flaws as a coverage safety. For the record it’s not a lack of physical talent and athleticism. He has plenty of that. .
Agree totally. The kid has loads of talent. I am not even sure it is a matter of him not having his head screwed on straight. It is clear to me that he is trying to do too much and trying to make some big plays for the team. In doing so, he is taking some bad angles and getting out of position. He is the one elite talent that has been whittled down to average by the staff and the scheme.

As for his professional career, I still think he will be no less than a third round pick. When coached up in a pro scheme, his instincts and speed should make him a great pro. I admire the kid and am proud of him for staying home. That said, it was a big mistake. He would be more highly regarded had he went to a school with a good coach and good scheme, and would have had better secondary players to play with.

Haven't seen every/all of each game but what I have seen he's had a terrible season so far.

I don’t think Ford’s play this year will affect his draft position much, if any, at all. He’s played a bunch and NFL scouts have likely formed their opinion on him. Especially if the season spins out, any regression in play will be overlooked by his potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT