ADVERTISEMENT

Parker Stewart, a bright spot in an otherwise terrible season

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
I mentioned in another thread he has been our best player, and definitely most surprising. He has a great outside shot and he driving to the hoop more and just playing very well. It's nice to see. He reminds me of Ronald Ramon.

Let's hope this guy doesn't transfer or leave after the season. He is totally outclassing Marcus Carr, who has been abysmal. I never saw this one coming but kudos to Parker.

Reactions: rrig5
I mentioned in another thread he has been our best player, and definitely most surprising. He has a great outside shot and he driving to the hoop more and just playing very well. It's nice to see. He reminds me of Ronald Ramon.

Let's hope this guy doesn't transfer or leave after the season. He is totally outclassing Marcus Carr, who has been abysmal. I never saw this one coming but kudos to Parker.

He's been very, very good. Now shooting 50% from 3 in ACC play.

Reactions: gary2
Yup. Never saw this one coming. Maybe by his senior year and a new coach here a couple years we can utilize him to get us back to the dance. His shot is pretty.

And he no longer looks frightened. Still a bit stiff on defense, should get better as he gets stronger. Carr looks lost...he's hit the wall it seems, but he'll come around.

Reactions: TreesHero
I expected JWF to be like Artis scoring wise. Lots of shots and even some forced shots and selfish shots but a guy that you didn't mind taking them because he made a good share.

Now I don't even want him shooting open 3s....

Stewart is third in the ACC in true shooting percentage in conference games at 68.9% so he's been very good. But he won't keep putting up 20 point nights either, that was a very good matchup for him last night and teams are going to start running him off of the line more, you saw Syracuse do a lot of that in the second half last night even in the 2-3.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Stewart is third in the ACC in true shooting percentage in conference games at 68.9% so he's been very good. But he won't keep putting up 20 point nights either, that was a very good matchup for him last night and teams are going to start running him off of the line more, you saw Syracuse do a lot of that in the second half last night even in the 2-3.
I have no idea what happened when the Cuse simply forgot to guard him on that inbounds play.

He took only 3 shots the game before - 1 of 3 - We can not have him taking only 3 shots a game - He needs at least 10 to 12.

He took only 3 shots the game before - 1 of 3 - We can not have him taking only 3 shots a game - He needs at least 10 to 12.
It's not nearly that easy. He isn't the type of athlete that can create his own shots and if a team is denying him the ball or playing tight man-to-man, it's not necessarily easy to create sets that will get him the type of space necessary to get a clean look. If Parker Stewart is your best offensive option, you are in serious trouble.

It's not nearly that easy. He isn't the type of athlete that can create his own shots and if a team is denying him the ball or playing tight man-to-man, it's not necessarily easy to create sets that will get him the type of space necessary to get a clean look. If Parker Stewart is your best offensive option, you are in serious trouble.
He’s built to play against a zone

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I have no idea what happened when the Cuse simply forgot to guard him on that inbounds play.

Right?! They had been faceguarding him for an entire half and then Brissett somehow just got lost in the wash. It was fascinating!

The is no doubt, at this point, Parker Stewart is our best offensive option.

He is not a stand still (need 2 seconds to get my feet straight), wide open in the corner, 3 point shooter.

The is no doubt, at this point, Parker Stewart is our best offensive option.

He is not a stand still (need 2 seconds to get my feet straight), wide open in the corner, 3 point shooter.

Against a zone, he probably is. Against a good man-to-man, he simply won't get many clean looks and will need others to create space for him. That's just reality - guys like JWF and Stevenson are a better bet to create their own shots in a one-on-one situation against pressure man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT