ADVERTISEMENT

Parrish

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
I find it interesting the kid has not yet decomitted.

He has a ton of big offers including many close to home.

Yet he is still committed.

That tells me the staff has done a nice job of recruiting the kid, and there is a very real possibility he plays right away.

And, watching his film, he is explosive to be sure. I know it's high school film, and maybe some more educated posters can discuss,

But the kid looks really terrific and would be a heck of a recruit for Pitt.

Reactions: bubba31

That tells me the staff has done a nice job of recruiting the kid, and there is a very real possibility he plays right away.

And, watching his film, he is explosive to be sure. I know it's high school film, and maybe some more educated posters can discuss,

I think he would play right away, but he has to come here first. He's not signing until LOI day in February. I would be surprised if he signed with Pitt at this point.

hes not committed, he said in psn article he doesn't know which school he will be going to and signing with, hes not committed

hes not committed, he said in psn article he doesn't know which school he will be going to and signing with, hes not committed

He said recently that he took an unofficial visit to Florida and that the three schools he's considering are Florida, South Carolina, and Pitt and he signing in February. So I agree, he's not committed.

Ok,

I agree he is "not committed"

But nor has he "de-committed"

Given what we have read about Parrish this is pleasantly surprising.

It would be a helluva trick to keep this kid but as of today we are still in this.

I think he would play right away, but he has to come here first. He's not signing until LOI day in February. I would be surprised if he signed with Pitt at this point.
The kid his like what we currently have. He is not a big, powerful back or an elite, speed back. He has impressive stats, but do they translate.

Given his public comments, I get the sense that his "offers" from UF and South Carolina are not committable, or he'd already be gone. He's holding out for someone else in the worst way. We may end up with him, but he's clearly looking for someone else.

The kid his like what we currently have. He is not a big, powerful back or an elite, speed back. He has impressive stats, but do they translate.

Well given how you’ve been listing and going by recruiting rankings this week shouldn’t you be thrilled with this one? I did look up this one and he’s a 5.8 on Rivals so based on what I’ve seen this week that’s pretty good, no?

Well given how you’ve been listing and going by recruiting rankings this week shouldn’t you be thrilled with this one? I did look up this one and he’s a 5.8 on Rivals so based on what I’ve seen this week that’s pretty good, no?
He was. 5.5 before this week.

He's been killing it in FL's highest classification. They're playing for a state title next weekend and he's rushed for 2,300 yards and 28 TDs.

He's small. I think some of the big boys are scared off from his lack of prototypical size. But he's a baller and I think he's way more talented and athletic than anyone we have on the roster.

He's been killing it in FL's highest classification. They're playing for a state title next weekend and he's rushed for 2,300 yards and 28 TDs.

He's small. I think some of the big boys are scared off from his lack of prototypical size. But he's a baller and I think he's way more talented and athletic than anyone we have on the roster.
I do not know of anyone that moved from a 5.5 to a 5.8 in one week.

Vincent Davis looked pretty good on those long runs against Geo.Tech and BC

Gary,

Watch his film

He gets through the hole way faster than Davis.

Again, it's high school tape. But this kid would help us right away.

Last edited:

Maybe you guys should stop posting this stuff and putting thoughts in his head, just like you're expecting him to decommit,

Reactions: FieldHouse12

He's a prototypical running back for a zone blocking scheme. He has top level change of direction. Like others have said, very Ray Graham-like.

Reactions: JSSTartan
He's a prototypical running back for a zone blocking scheme. He has top level change of direction. Like others have said, very Ray Graham-like.
Think you are right. Not a big back. No elite speed. Can be very good with good blocking and effective play calling.

I think Vince Davis can be as well and has better take it to the house speed.

Except he’s 15-20 pounds heavier and way quicker. Way closer to Ray Graham than Vincent Davis
Didn't look very big to me. Listed at 5-9 175. Way quicker?

Last edited:

Yeh if that's why they are reluctant then their idiots. Dion Lewis did fine along with tons of guys like Warrick Dunn, Darren Sproles, Tarik Cohen. Explosiveness is the #1 attribute for a runner to me.

Really like him and think he will definitely help Pitt. But I also think there is a much better chance he doesn't come here than he does come here so I don't expect him to be here next year.

While I really want him to come, it is clear to me that he is looking elsewhere. Hope I am wrong but....

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Really like him and think he will definitely help Pitt. But I also think there is a much better chance he doesn't come here than he does come here so I don't expect him to be here next year.

While I really want him to come, it is clear to me that he is looking elsewhere. Hope I am wrong but....

I like his style of running in Whipple's offense- that said, he might not be the best running back in his class.

Reactions: singregardless
Maybe you guys should stop posting this stuff and putting thoughts in his head, just like you're expecting him to decommit,

He's not signing in December, lobbied for a Miami offer (which he didn't get), and took a recent visit to Florida. Draw your own conclusions.

I like his style of running in Whipple's offense- that said, he might not be the best running back in his class.

I like Abanikanda as well. I think he can be a good back. This class overall has some playmakers which this offense needs.

Anyone hear anything about Daniel Carter from practice?

RB's are a dime a dozen. Unless you are truly elite, which very few are, you're just like everyone else. Maybe the least important position in all of sports.

I had no idea which position he played when I was reading this thread and when I saw RB, I breathed a sigh of relief. This country produces a massive over-supply of "good enough" RBs.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
He said recently that he took an unofficial visit to Florida and that the three schools he's considering are Florida, South Carolina, and Pitt and he signing in February. So I agree, he's not committed.
He won't go to South Carolina.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT