ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Narduzzi

Hugely disappointing. OC is awful and DC Aja’s been putrid. If he makes no changes after this year I have serious doubts he’ll be here Year after next.

Add staying with the D3 Qb Dinucci at QB and burning Pickett’s red shirt.

I like to consider myself an overly positive Pitt fan. Honestly though, i think i lost faith in Narduzzi. However, i have no faith that Pitt WOULD hire better.

Frankly, between hoops and this mess, bailing on Pitt fandom seems like the easiest option at this juncture.

I’m 35, reasonably successful professionally, and pitt hasn’t even given me a call or sent me an email since the year after my graduation. Do i just accept top-to-bottom incompetence at this point and move on with my life?

This is a low point for Narduzzi, and it's his fault. He hasn't recruited anyone and his coaching is very suspect when you lose to a team that is this bad. Unfortunately we're worse, even when UNC doesn't have 18 of their players eligible for whatever reason.

Reactions: CCvNYC
I like to consider myself an overly positive Pitt fan. Honestly though, i think i lost faith in Narduzzi. However, i have no faith that Pitt WOULD hire better.

Frankly, between hoops and this mess, bailing on Pitt fandom seems like the easiest option at this juncture.

I’m 35, reasonably successful professionally, and pitt hasn’t even given me a call or sent me an email since the year after my graduation. Do i just accept top-to-bottom incompetence at this point and move on with my life?
Earlier today you literally said people talking bad about Stallings' awful recruiting were "miserable".

Reactions: Ski11585
Well the argument that he beats teams he should is now over. Losing to a 1-8 team at home, with the way this team played, is unacceptable. Clock should be officially clicking on him now. Recruiting is looking bad and most importantly his D is absolutely pathetic.
Literally texted this to my best friend 15 min ago. I was a Duzz believer, but I’m firmly off of the bandwagon after this game. He is in show-me status until he proves that he can properly lead a team as a head coach.

Literally texted this to my best friend 15 min ago. I was a Duzz believer, but I’m firmly off of the bandwagon after this game. He is in show-me status until he proves that he can properly lead a team as a head coach.
Fire him!

Agreed. I thought he could be the guy. Tonight I realize I was wrong. He is a stubborn blowhard, who isn't getting it done staffing, coaching, or recruiting.

There’s just so many absurd and ridiculous things to point too in this game alone but they all have one thing in common

Boneheaded

Fumble boneheaded
Lack tackling all gdamn night boneheaded
Going 5 wides causing 3 and out boneheaded
Going away entirely from everything that works

Boneheaded

Honestly Pitt deserves to be ripped over this

Reactions: ThePanthers

It's disappointing. I'm pissed. But if you say Pitt hasn't contacted you then you don't buy tickets or donate. I'm flooded with emails.

He should have to show results next year or he should be fired. 7 wins if the defense and recruiting improve drastically, I would be fine with. If the D is still struggling and recruiting is looking like this season it should take at least 8. after all he is a D coach and recruiting is the key to having a good team.

It's disappointing. I'm pissed. But if you say Pitt hasn't contacted you then you don't buy tickets or donate. I'm flooded with emails.

I’ve gone to about 6 pitt away games since
I graduated in 2006. I’ve never lived closer than 500 miles away. I have no friends from Pitt that were local and none of my friends from outside the area have a desire to go back to Pittsburgh for a game.

I’ve been to no home games. Maybe I’m a part of the problem. There’s a culture problem at pitt for sure. But is it nature or nurture? I’ve probably missed watching 10 total Pitt hoops and football games in 11 years. I’m a serious fan. My viewpoint; i want to see effort. I’m on LinkedIn. Pay 10 student workers $7 an hour to reach out to me and tell me the athletic plan. Sell me on my small four figure donation mattering.

Should i want to take the initiative towards giving my money to Pitt? Maybe? Do i feel a deep connection to the AD as an alum from outside of the pittsburgh area? Nope.

I will be honest I thought it was a bad hire from the start but he won me over with his first two season's even though there were signs this wasn't going to end well for Pitt. I wanted him to succeed because Pitt needs stability. But there are just to many issues right now for me to have any confidence in him at all. First the fanbase has given up completely I don't know if people have been this down on Pitt FB since Hacket. Second his defense just shows very few signs of working. Finally this recruiting class sucks and the previously decent rated classes aren't showing a lot of signs of having many studs. There are some guys who look like they can be solid FBS players but none of them have shown anything similar to McCoy, fitz,revis even Bryant type of talent.

We need to find a coach that has experience.
3 years with Pat... time for new blood.
While I think things could become worse with him here I still think its a little early to fire him even though as far as recruiting goes this would be the year to do so. I think he does typically get the players to play hard. My major concern is his D has been total crap for 3 years now and hasn't shown many signs of improvement(you have to look really hard to see any). I have doubts the system can work well in the ACC even with lots of talent. Add in a really shitty class currently and it doesn't look good. But firing a HC after to 8-5 season's and one bad one probably means Pitt has to over pay for a HC to come here.

While I think things could become worse with him here I still think its a little early to fire him even though as far as recruiting goes this would be the year to do so. I think he does typically get the players to play hard. My major concern is his D has been total crap for 3 years now and hasn't shown many signs of improvement(you have to look really hard to see any). I have doubts the system can work well in the ACC even with lots of talent. Add in a really shitty class currently and it doesn't look good. But firing a HC after to 8-5 season's and one bad one probably means Pitt has to over pay for a HC to come here.
Pitt over-paying? LMAO

I’ve gone to about 6 pitt away games since
I graduated in 2006. I’ve never lived closer than 500 miles away. I have no friends from Pitt that were local and none of my friends from outside the area have a desire to go back to Pittsburgh for a game.

I’ve been to no home games. Maybe I’m a part of the problem. There’s a culture problem at pitt for sure. But is it nature or nurture? I’ve probably missed watching 10 total Pitt hoops and football games in 11 years. I’m a serious fan. My viewpoint; i want to see effort. I’m on LinkedIn. Pay 10 student workers $7 an hour to reach out to me and tell me the athletic plan. Sell me on my small four figure donation mattering.

Should i want to take the initiative towards giving my money to Pitt? Maybe? Do i feel a deep connection to the AD as an alum from outside of the pittsburgh area? Nope.

Yep. You are part of the problem. Donate once or go to a game and they'll contact you.

Pitt over-paying? LMAO
Thats the point they won't overpay hell they won't even pay the going rate. Why kind of coach are they going to get for 2.5 million when he knows the program sucks, there is no fan support and the AD will fire you if you win 8 games a year and then have a bad year. They would have to spend more to get the same losers they have gotten the last 3 hires. Give him one more year and if there isn't improvement(not just w-l but does the D improve is recruiting going well) let him go.

Yep. You are part of the problem. Donate once or go to a game and they'll contact you.
Absolutely. There’s a huge culture problem at Pitt. I’m more likely to simply go away and root for a local team here than to have to reach out to give money. I see no effort from Pitt.

Ding! Ding!
We have a winner.
The 1st one tonight to blame the fans. I’m sure there will be more to follow.
At this point it doesn't matter if Pitt sucks for 30 years because of the fans or if the fan support sucks because of the program stinking for 30 years. Fans are done, they aren't coming to support this program anymore. There is nothing Pitt can do to increase this except proving to fans they are really trying to win(and thats not saying they want to win thats actually hiring a true P5 HC or paying to keep the OC from the best offense in Pitt history) or actually winning. The current fan support is at its worst since JM2 and its not changing until they do one of the two things above.

Reactions: quip
Absolutely. There’s a huge culture problem at Pitt. I’m more likely to simply go away and root for a local team here than to have to reach out to give money. I see no effort from Pitt.

There is a ton of effort. The fans that don't do much want pampered.

There is a ton of effort. The fans that don't do much want pampered.
I absolutely don’t expect or demand much.

Pitt gives no effort and i receprocate it. I get what i deserve, but i chose a school that doesn’t ingrain culture or tradition in its students. so i don’t blame anyone but myself for that. I just need to accept it. That’s where I’m at.

Reactions: H2P-2007
I absolutely don’t expect or demand much.

Pitt gives no effort and i receprocate it. I get what i deserve, but i chose a school that doesn’t ingrain culture or tradition in its students. so i don’t blame anyone but myself for that. I just need to accept it. That’s where I’m at.

Pitt gives effort. You dont. Well leave it at that.

Donate $10 once and then you'll get everything you ever wanted. I get emails everyday pretty much.

You sum up the way I feel

We simply do not care about being relevant in football .

We did not join the ACC to elevate our profile....or seize this opportunity to bring back the football program....

We joined this league for the money to pay the bills

Nothing more.....

Probably the case. Perhaps it is time to strive to be Wake Forest or Vanderbilt from an athletics standpoint. Cash the checks without the illusions of actually winning anything.

We did not join the ACC to elevate our profile....or seize this opportunity to bring back the football program....

Nothing more.....

We joined this league because we were asked to and to refuse that would have been stupid.

Reactions: ThePanthers

Nothing more.....

Wow post of the year and so true! I’ve wondered for a while now if we would have been better in the AAC. But the I realized we would be more competitive but have way less money. Pitt is just happy being mediocre because that ACC money is now rolling in guaranteed so there is no incentive to spend the money to build a winner.

Pitt would suck in the AAC, too.

This thread is out of control. PITT is definitely better with Narduzzi but his team is young and his OC is really, really, bad. He put too much faith in Watson.

PITT will win the Coastal in three years if we can bump up recruiting (QB) and continue to build the offensive and defensive lines.

We were a special teams error and a fumble on the 6 inch line from blowing them out. Everybody needs to relax.

This thread is out of control. PITT is definitely better with Narduzzi but his team is young and his OC is really, really, bad. He put too much faith in Watson.

PITT will win the Coastal in three years if we can bump up recruiting (QB) and continue to build the offensive and defensive lines.

We were a special teams error and a fumble on the 6 inch line from blowing them out. Everybody needs to relax.
But recruiting is getting worse. Watson is the OC and won't be going anywhere. What top QB recruit would come here with our awful OC, 0 talent at WR, and a terrible defense?

ADVERTISEMENT