ADVERTISEMENT

Pat signal

It's not a 2023 recruit so who ya got?
The transfer WR we got may have to sit out the year. So of the guys eligible we have 2 proven guys who have put up numbers. We have others with lots of potential but haven’t done it on the field yet. So I hope it’s a solid transfer WR for more depth.

Hopefully a TE, LB or WR from the portal ...... or all 3 !!!

Yeah, I think those are probably the three positions we need most heading into this season. If it's a multi-year transfer, that could open things up a bit. For instance, we're going to be losing four starting offensive linemen after this season. Seems like we might have some decent depth behind them, but experience and added competition wouldn't hurt. Same goes for any spot on the defensive line, really. You have to figure Kancey, Baldonado, and Alexandre are gone after this year. And Bentley, Green, and Danielson are no spring chickens. We'll see quite a bit of turnover in the trenches in the near future.

im rooting for a multi year OL transfer with eligibility starting in '23. Wouldnt hate a CB transfer either, eligible asap..

i do feel like it's gonna be some in-line TE guy who can hopefully be a decent run blocker for us. while tremendously boring, is something we dont seem to have on our roster currently.

Last edited:
im rooting for a multi year OL transfer with eligibility starting in '23. Wouldnt hate a CB transfer either, eligible asap..

i do feel like it's gonna be some in-line TE guy who can hopefully be a decent run blocker for us. while tremendously boring, is something we dont seem to have on our roster currently.

Yeah, more than likely going to be a TE from Western Vermont State C.C. with 35 career catches. If it was some big name from the portal, we would have heard about him visiting. The name Daniel Moraga springs to mind. Oh well, better than having an unused scholarship, other than the fact that it's one less time we get to see Narduzzi pretend like he is pissed off at the team only to see everyone celebrating a walk-on getting a full ride a minute or so after that.

Reactions: FireballZ
Think it's a dude from Georgia Tech. TE with 14 career receptions over three seasons. So... Yeah. Maybe a reflection on where the guys behind Bartholomew are at.

Think it's a dude from Georgia Tech. TE with 14 career receptions over three seasons. So... Yeah. Maybe a reflection on where the guys behind Bartholomew are at.
I think you are right but I wouldn't poo poo him. He is 6'6 with great hands and the ability to flex out. Maybe he wasn't used correctly there, but a big TE that can catch in a Cignetti offense is nothing to scoff at. His highlights look better than his rankings.

I think you are right but I wouldn't poo poo him. He is 6'6 with great hands and the ability to flex out. Maybe he wasn't used correctly there, but a big TE that can catch in a Cignetti offense is nothing to scoff at. His highlights look better than his rankings.

I don't know how we can determine that with 14 catches in three years, haha. Might not be him anyway. I didn't see the post above. I just saw he is in the portal and was crystal balled to Pitt.

I don't know how we can determine that with 14 catches in three years, haha. Might not be him anyway. I didn't see the post above. I just saw he is in the portal and was crystal balled to Pitt.

He missed most of last year with injuries. Ended up redshirting.

this is an absolute guess since i have zero info but it seems like the few guys we have behind Bartholomew, including Wright, kind of have similar skill sets. more hybrid athletic types that just arent ready to be in line guys who can block P5 Des..

I was surprised Collier couldnt be that guy. The Tackle who cant really be a starting tackle so he lines up at TE on run downs/jumbo packages as an extra tackle in the TE spot.

this is an absolute guess since i have zero info but it seems like the few guys we have behind Bartholomew, including Wright, kind of have similar skill sets. more hybrid athletic types that just arent ready to be in line guys who can block P5 Des..

I was surprised Collier couldnt be that guy. The Tackle who cant really be a starting tackle so he lines up at TE on run downs/jumbo packages as an extra tackle in the TE spot.

I think Collier is playing guard now, if memory serves. I was always skeptical about him remaining at TE at that size. Reminds me of watching Reeves and Carrigan lumbering downfield, lol.

I view Wright as more of an H-back type and Renda as a traditional tight end. I actually really liked Cole Mitchell's tape and though he might be a late steal in that '21 class, but maybe the competition was suspect or something. I know Bartholomew played in a pretty week league in high school, but obviously that still translated.

ADVERTISEMENT