ADVERTISEMENT

Paternos drop suit v NCAA

The biggest winner here was Wick Sollers (Paterno's attorney). He likely made a few million.

If PSU enters into an agreement (Consent Decree) with NCAA, that is PSU's right as an NCAA member institution. The Paternos have no standing as regards that agreement.

Why did this take 5 years?

The biggest winner here was Wick Sollers (Paterno's attorney). He likely made a few million.

If PSU enters into an agreement (Consent Decree) with NCAA, that is PSU's right as an NCAA member institution. The Paternos have no standing as regards that agreement.

Because judges in PA are elected. Dog catchers with robes.

Because judges in PA are elected. Dog catchers with robes.
The NCAA legal officer said that the dropping of the suit is very telling, adding that "we believe the powerful record developed during discovery overwhelming confirmed what the NCAA believed all along: the NCAA acted reasonably in adopting the conclusions of an 8-month investigation by Louis Freeh."
Bam!

Curley pleads guilty. Schultz pleads guilty. Spanier found guilty in court.
Bam! Bam! and Bam!

Is the Cult still waiting for the 'truth' to come out?

joepacartoon1.jpg

Wonder whom predicted that, just a few days before Jay is Sworn in on Trustees Board.

Once the PMA Insurance Lawsuit Children Victims Depositions came out, and the Paterno's did admit in their own Report that they agreed that Joe should have did more as Fair Criticism, and the Criminal Trials and Convictions yielded nothing new, the Bold Predictions by Well paid Paterno's Lawyers proved in Discovery they found nothing.

When those Top Attorneys also sheepishly asked the Court to be Release from further representation, a few weeks ago, it was the last nail in a coffin the deserves to remain buried. Only Ziegler and few Cult Dolts remain now and they still hate Penn State University. Ziegler blames the Paterno as well too, while Pnnyliar blames the Victims claiming they are lying standing with Ziegler.

Joe was still a Great Coach and Built a Strong Program, but also stayed too longed and put himself ahead of the University Good name, that ended bringing Shame after Three Separate Investigations resulted in Jail Time and Fianacial Fines!

The other Lawsuits remaining should be over soon too, President Barron will retire with a Buyout, and there will be a Day when they Honor Joseph Vincent Paterno!

Right now all eyes on 2017 and Franklin is the most happy of them all, since no more distractions. I agree, lets play some Football, in September!

Last edited:
Wonder whom predicted that, just a few days before Jay is Sworn in on Trustees Board.

Once the PMA Insurance Lawsuit Children Victims Depositions came out, and the Paterno's did admit in their own Report that they agreed that Joe should have did more as Fair Criticism, and the Criminal Trials and Convictions yielded nothing new, the Bold Predictions by Well paid Paterno's Lawyers proved in Discovery they found nothing.

When those Top Attorneys also sheepishly asked the Court to be Release from further representation, a few weeks ago, it was the last nail in a coffin the deserves to remain buried. Only Ziegler and few Cult Dolts remain now and they still hate Penn State University. Ziegler blames the Paterno as well too, while Pnnyliar blames the Victims claiming they are lying standing with Ziegler.

Joe was still a Great Coach and Built a Strong Program, but also stayed too longed and put himself ahead of the University Good name, that ended bringing Shame after Three Separate Investigations resulted in Jail Time and Fianacial Fines!

The other Lawsuits remaining should be over soon too, President Barron will retire with a Buyout, and there will be a Day when they Honor Joseph Vincent Paterno!

Right now all eyes on 2017 and Franklin is the most happy of them all, since no more distractions. I agree, lets play some Football, in September!
I've been meaning to ask you--why do you use blue and italics fonts? Just curious. I read most of your posts and have always wondered. On the Penn State front, bravo.

The NCAA legal officer said that the dropping of the suit is very telling, adding that "we believe the powerful record developed during discovery overwhelming confirmed what the NCAA believed all along: the NCAA acted reasonably in adopting the conclusions of an 8-month investigation by Louis Freeh."
Bam!

Bam! Bam! and Bam!

Obviously the truth hurts!

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Bam!

Bam! Bam! and Bam!

I hate that f'n school/cult.

The only honor, paturdo is burning in hell and Jerry to follow.

I've been meaning to ask you--why do you use blue and italics fonts? Just curious. I read most of your posts and have always wondered. On the Penn State front, bravo.
When Legal issues I use Purple, On Pitt Blue usually, Penn State Dark Blue, WVU Light Blue, and when Link info Black. Just a preference no big deal.

Reactions: upitt98

Hope springs eternal?

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I hate that f'n school/cult.
The Cult Dolts deserves no respect, they never give respect to anyone else, and were quite wrong, and stalked many Journalists, Authors, and even Victims. Ziegler ended up attacking Penn State, Victims, and even the Paterno's and Cult Dolts.

The University Trustees and Administration handled as best it could, O'Brien, Franklin & Staff, Players, Program and Alumni deserves respect now in full compliance with Athletic Integrity, in my view.

Sandusky, Spanier, Curley and Schultz deserve far less. McQueary and Paterno told the truth before the grand Jury, but were also too silent and they accept that criticism.

Sara Ganim, Vicky Triponey, Laura Ditka deserves to be honored!

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic

You, Cruise, La Jolla, CDW, Demo Lion and others stood up too, taking Cult Dolt Insults, asking Al Lord to resign for his shallow insensitive myopic Net Worth comments, that proved the trouble existed among Cultural Trustees where there was little Success nor Honor by saying such things.

Still stood and Honored Penn State doing the right things in handling the Scandal and got hit on both Boards trying being the voice of reason without abandoning Penn State Name like some and were very honest in when you felt PSU was being treated unfairly, I salute many good things about Penn State but I also Admire many Great Penn State Alumni that know the University is the Adopted Mother (Alma Mater) Name is above all, a Great Coach that forgot that in the end, and whose ego in Old Age and Hindsight, wiped out a Great Legacy of Foresight!

It is what it is but is almost over and Penn State University Is Better!

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
Hope springs eternal?
No doubt Wick Sollers and others gave it their best including Scott and Family, but with Jay on the Trustees Board, and Discovery by having to file a Lawsuit against Penn State and PMA Insurance Revelations works like any Defamation or Commercial Disparagement Case, The Truth is an Absolute Defense.

The NCAA reduced the Sanctions because the way Penn State 2012 Reforms and covered all Fines, Settlements, and Expenses. It is time to heal no longer appeal!

Back When Excerpts:
The Paterno family sues the NCAA: Understanding the key points

..............The Paterno family's attorneys, in a statement released Wednesday night, asserted it will center on the argument that the NCAA and its executive committee acted "in clear and direct violation of the organization's own rules" based on a deeply-flawed report by former FBI director Louis Freeh. The consent decree was hastily imposed on Penn State, "completely disregarding the rights of the affected parties." "If there was ever a situation that demanded meticulous review and a careful adherence to NCAA rules and guidelines, this was it. Instead, the NCAA placed a premium on speed over accuracy and precipitous action over due process," said attorney Wick Sollers. "An illegally imposed penalty that is based on false assumptions and secret discussions is a disservice to the victims and everyone else who cares about the truth of the Sandusky scandal," Sollers continued. "This matter will never be resolved until the full facts are reviewed in a lawful and transparent manner.".............
LINK:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/05/the_paterno_sues_the_ncaa_unde.html

NCAA Excerpt:
Paterno's estate, his son Jay and former assistant William Kenney discontinued their case. The NCAA called it a voluntary decision and said there was no payment involved. NCAA chief legal officer Donald Remy claimed a total victory for his organization, which he said acted reasonably in adopting conclusions from a university-commissioned report authored by a team led by former FBI director Louis Freeh.
LINK:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oe-paterno-drops-lawsuit-vs-ncaa-freeh-report

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt5593
TRIBLIVE:
Paterno family drops lawsuit against NCAA over Freeh report
HARRISBURG — Late Penn State football coach Joe Paterno's family dropped a lawsuit Friday against the NCAA over its use of a report in the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal to punish Paterno and the university. Paterno's estate, his son Jay and former assistant William Kenney discontinued their case. The NCAA called it a voluntary decision and said there was no payment involved. NCAA chief legal officer Donald Remy claimed a total victory for his organization, which he said acted reasonably in adopting conclusions from a university-commissioned report authored by a team led by former FBI director Louis Freeh. “The Paterno family characterized this case as a ‘search for the truth,' ” Remy said. “Its decision today, after years of investigation and discovery, to abandon its lawsuit rather than subject those facts to courtroom examination is telling.” He said the Paterno family wasted time, effort and money in the case. Messages left for the Paternos and their lawyers were not immediately returned. The lawsuit had claimed that college sports' governing body damaged the Paterno estate's commercial interests through its use of the Freeh report. Kenney and Jay Paterno alleged the Freeh report rendered them unable to find comparable coaching work. The Freeh report concluded Joe Paterno and other administrators hushed up a 2001 complaint against Sandusky showering with a boy, for fear of bad publicity. Paterno, who died in early 2012, never was charged criminally, but three others who were at high-ranking jobs when he was coach are expected to report to jail soon to serve criminal sentences for their response to the 2001 complaint..................The judge who sentenced Curley, Schultz and Spanier did not spare Paterno, saying he could have called police “without so much as getting his hands dirty. Why he didn't is beyond me.” The three are expected to report to county prison July 15 to serve two or three months. The Paterno family and his legion of supporters long have objected bitterly to the Freeh report's depiction of the Hall of Fame coach as having failed to do the right thing in 2001. Sandusky had been one of Joe Paterno's top assistants for decades before his 1999 retirement. Paterno told a grand jury in 2011 he did not know of child molestation allegations against Sandusky before 2001. But an insurer has alleged, a judge noted in a court document last year, that a child told Paterno in 1976 that Sandusky had molested him, a claim Paterno's family strongly has denied. Jay Paterno, a Nittany Lions assistant coach for 17 years, was elected by alumni in May to a seat on the Penn State board. He starts as a trustee next month.
LINK:
http://triblive.com/sports/college/...-drops-lawsuit-against-ncaa-over-freeh-report

Joe was still a Great Coach

Captain, I respectfully disagree.
Paternosinferno.gif

The word "great" should never again be associated with such an egotistical phony who permitted the rape of children for so many years for his own fame and glory.

I respectfully ask you to stop using that word to describe a man who built and protected his program at the expense of defenseless young boys. A "great" coach would have never allowed it! Please stop...

May Joe Paterno burn in hell for eternity!

Last edited:
Paternosinferno.gif

The word "great" should never again be associated with such an egotistical phony who permitted the rape of children for so many years for his own fame and glory.

I respectfully ask you to stop using that word to describe a man who built and protected his program at the expense of defenseless young boys. A "great" coach would have never allowed it! Please stop...

No problem, I respect others that disagree, and take no offense whatsoever, they have good points as well, and Joe did contribute to misjudgements that came back on him, and he knew it was going to turn his reputation and legacy into ashes by people that are fair and Joe knew children were hurt and wished he would have acted differently, and so be it.

Bam!

Bam! Bam! and Bam!

They still think that the victims are lying, so yes, they're still waiting. I'd also like to hear the whole truth, but not the one the nitters seek. I believe that there were a lot of folks involved in this scandal, and the second mile should have been thoroughly investigated. PSU is so big, and so widely protected by politicians, etc., that I'm almost positive that there's more to this story, but we'll probably never hear it.

The judge who sentenced Curley, Schultz and Spanier did not spare Paterno, saying he could have called police “without so much as getting his hands dirty. Why he didn't is beyond me.”
Trib June 30, 2017

That's odd, b/c according to The Cult, it's against the law for anyone to call police to report crimes except eyewitnesses.
LOL

Wasted millions including taxpayer dollars on a ruse in a hope would find a shred of evidence to exonerate Joe. Found zero. Nothing. Nada. No one came to his rescue.

Paturdo will a
Paternosinferno.gif

I second, third etc that paturdo burn in hell for eternity..

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
They still think that the victims are lying, so yes, they're still waiting. I'd also like to hear the whole truth, but not the one the nitters seek. I believe that there were a lot of folks involved in this scandal, and the second mile should have been thoroughly investigated. PSU is so big, and so widely protected by politicians, etc., that I'm almost positive that there's more to this story, but we'll probably never hear it.

Agree that the real "truth" would likely implicate many more up there, so there are those that now are doing all theY can to get this buried deeply to avoid further revelations.

But back to commentary on what JS did while an asst coach and later DC (from 1969 - 1999) at PSU:

So they've paid victims - all the way back as far as 1971 - who they think were lying. Interesting concept! But hardly a method to lead a reasonable person to think the victims were lying. Pay out all of that money going that far back on baseless allegations made by liars?

The 1971 date regarding JS's transgressions (see link below to Washington Post article) presents a far more realistic view of how long JS was preying on kids while JS was at PSU. Anyone that thinks JS just woke up one day as a person in his 50's and decided to become a perv is being naive and/or in denial. That JS would have just started his perversion when he was in his 50's is about as believable as claiming Joe never knew what was going on for ALL those years. And they ALL just let JS keep doing it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m-as-far-back-as-1971/?utm_term=.54095ede0ec6

Last edited:
Reactions: HOF Coach
Honestly Cap'n, I haven't read a post of yours that's longer than a line or w b/c of the large bold colored font.
It's irritating to the eyes.
I know and that is their Lame Claim of Shame and what made it worse for them, is that they were Wrong All Along! One can't feel sorry for anyone of them that preffered to stay stupid and blamed everyone but the Silence to Defend such behavior of Sandusky, Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Paterno and McQueary and Penn State Cult Dolt's themselves for being that way.

It was even more proof why the Trustees of Penn State were right to put in the Freeh Recommendation 2012 Athletic Reforms that had to correct the Paterno Errors of Football. The Facts are in the end, it was the Paid For Paterno Report and much spend on Attorney Fees, that was fully discredited by 3 separate investigations.

Moreover, Institutional Control was restored due to the NCAA Sanctions by an On Campus Monitor were reduced by the very Brave Penn State People that finally did the Right Thing to begin to Change of Penn State Football Corrupt Lack Of Athletic Integrity Culture as well of never One Employee being above the University Control again.

Finally, the World now knows what happen at Penn State is still The Worst College Football Scandal in History, along with Highest NCAA And Department of Education's Fines, and not one Cult Dolt Nittany Liar ever refuted it.

It is why 4 Prior Penn State Leadership will be in Jail or Under House Arrest on July 15th and the other at SCI Green County, for Criminal Violations for much longer.

The State Penn stain will remain on The Pennsylvania State University Name but the Trustees, Freeh, and Successive Administrations, all did the right things, and Cult Dolt Culture has to accept that and some had the Balls to admit they were wrong.

So be it, time to leave it, and Joe can be still be Honored in my view because he was lied to by Sandusky and overruled by Spanier that brought Sandusky back with access to abuse more children! I have always separated Joe's coaching & Building of PSU Programs over being lied too as well, but at some point, Facts Joe did know and admitted he did not do more to stop it. I get attacked by some Posters on Lair too, but I remain steadfast in that belief, even if others think I am wrong, and accept that too.

I am glad Pitt-Penn State renewed the Rivalry too, and respect the University, Program and Alumni. Many of the Cult Dolt's are not graduates!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT