ADVERTISEMENT

Peach bowl

Jul 22, 2022
As I’m watching this game two things come to mind. First, these running backs remind me of the shady McCoy/lewis days. Second, Pitt needs to get their hands on a quarterback of darts level. Man he can sling that rock!

There is something about the lighting of the Mercedes Benz Stadium that make it look like they play in a cave. Watching Pitt-Syracuse in the JMA Wireless Dome (it's tough to not still call it the Carrier Dome), the lighting looks better even thought that facility is ancient in comparison.

Reactions: columbus mike
My Facebook memories showed 2 years ago today, pitt played in this bowl. Will I watch any of this game today? Nahhh

Top 10 my ass ...
It’s just an EXHIBITION game Mike. No need to watch or get excited. The game doesn’t count. After the game, PSU will still be #10 and their record will still 10-2 in the record books…. OOPS!

Says who? Says SMF and his ilk….

Reactions: mike 301
Ohio State and PSU were ass in their bowl games. Michigan ain’t beating Alabama either..
Every year it's the same thing. UM, O$U, Pedo get those top 10 rankings and often get smoked in the bowls. When are pollsters going to figure out these Fat 10 teams are overrated. Stupid pollsters.

Reactions: H2Ppanthers
Every year it's the same thing. UM, O$U, Pedo get those top 10 rankings and often get smoked in the bowls. When are pollsters going to figure out these Fat 10 teams are overrated. Stupid pollsters.
Pollsters = Big 10

Big 10 defenses are only good when they play other big 10 teams(or Miami)

In fairness, that's like saying an NFL team sucks in the preseason every year. I get that it used to carry meaning and people are just used to citing bowl records, but they matter way less than intra-conference games in September/November.

It’s just an EXHIBITION game Mike. No need to watch or get excited. The game doesn’t count. After the game, PSU will still be #10 and their record will still 10-2 in the record books…. OOPS!

Says who? Says SMF and his ilk….

Correct. 10-2 with an exhibition loss. Final rankings are irrelevant

Michigan no longer passes the eye test. Two biggest wins were frauds. Committee should drop them for Georgia.
No way no how GA isn't one of the best 4 teams in the country and my money would be on them to win it all if they hadn't gotten screwed by losing a close championship game to another legit NC contender. The committee knew a GA Alabama rematch would happen for the NC and didn't want that but who wants to watch Alabama throttle the frauds from Michigan. The whole Big 10 is a fraud the top 3 beat up on IL IN Purdue Northwestern Rutgers Maryland MSU Nebraska and 3 cupcakes and then get smoked in bowls. If any of them were in the SEC they'd all have 2 losses minimum.

No way no how GA isn't one of the best 4 teams in the country and my money would be on them to win it all if they hadn't gotten screwed by losing a close championship game to another legit NC contender. The committee knew a GA Alabama rematch would happen for the NC and didn't want that but who wants to watch Alabama throttle the frauds from Michigan. The whole Big 10 is a fraud the top 3 beat up on IL IN Purdue Northwestern Rutgers Maryland MSU Nebraska and 3 cupcakes and then get smoked in bowls. If any of them were in the SEC they'd all have 2 losses minimum.
The top Big 10 teams have 10 wins getting off the bus each year. Michigan and Ohio State are borderline playoff teams and Penn State is a borderline New Year's 6 team. The rest of the conference isn't good so they're all artificially propped up. The whole SEC thing gets old, but that conference has a lot of depth, a lot of rivalries which could result in an upset any given week, and a whole lot of NFL talent on the rosters.

Will it be 10-2 on their OFFICIAL record or 10-3? is Franklin’s record against Top 15 teams 6-28 or 6-29?

Doesn't matter. 10-2 to me.

Exhibition or not, Franklin is astonishingly consistent. You just dont see that level of consistency. He beats every single bad to mediocre team. Never gets upset, ever. But loses to every single good team. Never beats them, ever. I honestly dont think there's been another coach like Franklin in college football history.

Reactions: ratking17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT