ADVERTISEMENT

Penguins make Bob Nuttings dream come true!

sitting on my flight waiting and I laughed out loud when i read that. thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: paulbl99
We can laugh (and i did) but remember the Pens success makes Chancellor Gallagher dreams come true too. He sealed the doom of Pitt basketball but thanks to the Pens success, nobody noticed.

Maybe Gallagher can pay some Pens to attend our home basketball opener ... heck, all the home games ... so that maybe a few fans actually show up. There are always a few players who are scratches. That Streit guy. The third goalie. The assistant equipment manager. Iceburgh's understudy.

Marte suspended. Khan deported (sort of). Cutch sub-par in spite of recent turnaround.
Cole highly inconsistent.
Watson demoted.
You can gripe all you want about Nutting, but in my opinion, most of the griping is bullcrap.
Historically, they have found a way to get a closer under NH. One year it doesn't work and Watson throws melons.
What was anyone going to do about Khan? Fly a jet to S. Korea and sneak him back hoping we don't have an extradition treaty with S. Korea?
Marte drugged up. Is that the Pirates fault?
You guys want Nutting to spend extra money; well I am always suspicious of those who spend others peoples money freely with no skin of their own in the game.
Hockey has a salary cap and it is relatively low.
The next road trip will go a long way to determining the rest of the season, but when I looked at the standings today here is what I read.
  • Buccos 3.5 games back
  • Cubs (payroll too many zeroes to count) sitting at 500.
  • Cards 3 games under
  • Brewers running away with division at 34-32 with commanding 1 game lead.

You don't like Nutting, fine. But the fact is that he does have a business to run and like it or not, the Pirates are starting to play some decent ball.

In major league baseball you are only as good as your starting pitcher. The guy we had on the mound last night has testicular cancer!

Might want to cut some people some slack for awhile yet.....or head on down to PNC park with your glove, bat or wallet and be ready to produce.

Reactions: JoseLind13
I'm not a fan of Nutting's spending and question some of NH recent moves (but Rivero trade looks genius right now), but this season has been a series of unbelievable set-backs no management could have predicted. Aside from all of that, for the rest of the division to fall flat and allow the Bucs to have hopes of competing is amazing. Don't laugh, but with Cutch hitting .400+ in June, Cole MAYBE normalizing, Marte a month away from returning, and seemingly correcting the closer issue, things may actually come together for an entertaining summer after all. I keep expecting the Cubs to wake up, but they are showing no signs of it. Crazy year.

Marte suspended. Khan deported (sort of). Cutch sub-par in spite of recent turnaround.
Watson demoted.
You can gripe all you want about Nutting, but in my opinion, most of the griping is bullcrap.
Historically, they have found a way to get a closer under NH. One year it doesn't work and Watson throws melons.
What was anyone going to do about Khan? Fly a jet to S. Korea and sneak him back hoping we don't have an extradition treaty with S. Korea?
You guys want Nutting to spend extra money; well I am always suspicious of those who spend others peoples money freely with no skin of their own in the game.
The next road trip will go a long way to determining the rest of the season, but when I looked at the standings today here is what I read.
  • Buccos 3.5 games back
  • Cards 3 games under

You don't like Nutting, fine. But the fact is that he does have a business to run and like it or not, the Pirates are starting to play some decent ball.

In major league baseball you are only as good as your starting pitcher. The guy we had on the mound last night has testicular cancer!

Might want to cut some people some slack for awhile yet.....or head on down to PNC park with your glove, bat or wallet and be ready to produce.

Reactions: Saboteur
Watson demoted.

Which Khan are you talking about? Genghis? Kublai? Chaka?

Which Khan are you talking about? Genghis? Kublai? Chaka?
68kw1.jpg

Historically, they have found a way to get a closer under NH. One year it doesn't work and Watson throws melons

What have the Pirates done over the past two years to improve their team? What did they do during their playoff runs to help put them over the top to win a series?

Watson demoted.
  • Buccos 3.5 games back
  • Cards 3 games under

The Pirates BLOW and Nutsack is the worst owner in pro sports. End of story. Excuses , excuses.... but how bout those prospects we have so patiently waited for...garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: PittPanthers90
I'm 33 and very comfortable with saying that the Pirates will never win in anything worthwhile my lifetime. That is unless nutting drops dead or sells.

F the pirates and their spin.

Watson demoted.
  • Buccos 3.5 games back
  • Cards 3 games under

That's fine. But two years ago the team won 98 games! 98 games!! Do you know how many times in their history that they won 98 games?? 6 times! And in 3 of those they won the World Series, 2 others they made the World Series. That year they made only the WC game because of the poor misfortune of being in the loaded NL Central.

The team set RECORD attendances. They had team friendly contracts almost everywhere. The only guy remotely considered "overpaid" was Liriano but as a #2 starter that time, his salary was actually below normal. Even Cutch was a bargain. During this same time, they dumped Morton and his $7 million salary. AJ Burnett retired. Edwin Volquez left via free agency. So did JA Happ who was spectacular. Happ's salary was the 13th overall of all of the Free Agent players that winter. Not 1st, not second, not 5th, not even 10th. So Happ went for a reasonable salary to Milwaukee. Russell Martin left via free agency, but Huntingdon made a smart move in trading for Cervelli.

So....now your rotation coming into the season is Cole, Liriano and????? The Pirates rolled the dice on Jeff Locke, Ryan friggin Vogelson and Juan Nicasio. And hoping a Taillon or Glasnow comes up during the summer. That was their answer?

Then they traded Liriano for nothing, even giving away prospects to rid his salary. That is rich. They tried to trade Cutch. They trade Melancon (good trade) for real value, and then in the offseason they let SRod, and Matt I forget the other bat walk. OK now all of the above "bad luck" stuff happened, but I believe part of it is karma based on the fact that if you don't try, you are going to be lucky forever, it catches up with you. And their insistence on holding onto Prospects...I mean how does trading Polanco and Glasnow look now?? Back then it may have landed them a Quintal or an Archer or even a Stanton. Now? IF these two ever get it together, they will be closer to their "expiration date" meaning access to Free Agency.

So this year the NL Central is a wreck. You can't control this. You have to do what is best for your team. And the Pirates haven't. Because the rest of the NL Central sucks this year does not justify the completely malfeasance of management and refusal of ownership to try and build on a 98 win team!

That's fine. But two years ago the team won 98 games! 98 games!! Do you know how many times in their history that they won 98 games?? 6 times! And in 3 of those they won the World Series, 2 others they made the World Series. That year they made only the WC game because of the poor misfortune of being in the loaded NL Central.

The team set RECORD attendances. They had team friendly contracts almost everywhere. The only guy remotely considered "overpaid" was Liriano but as a #2 starter that time, his salary was actually below normal. Even Cutch was a bargain. During this same time, they dumped Morton and his $7 million salary. AJ Burnett retired. Edwin Volquez left via free agency. So did JA Happ who was spectacular. Happ's salary was the 13th overall of all of the Free Agent players that winter. Not 1st, not second, not 5th, not even 10th. So Happ went for a reasonable salary to Milwaukee. Russell Martin left via free agency, but Huntingdon made a smart move in trading for Cervelli.

So....now your rotation coming into the season is Cole, Liriano and????? The Pirates rolled the dice on Jeff Locke, Ryan friggin Vogelson and Juan Nicasio. And hoping a Taillon or Glasnow comes up during the summer. That was their answer?

Then they traded Liriano for nothing, even giving away prospects to rid his salary. That is rich. They tried to trade Cutch. They trade Melancon (good trade) for real value, and then in the offseason they let SRod, and Matt I forget the other bat walk. OK now all of the above "bad luck" stuff happened, but I believe part of it is karma based on the fact that if you don't try, you are going to be lucky forever, it catches up with you. And their insistence on holding onto Prospects...I mean how does trading Polanco and Glasnow look now?? Back then it may have landed them a Quintal or an Archer or even a Stanton. Now? IF these two ever get it together, they will be closer to their "expiration date" meaning access to Free Agency.

So this year the NL Central is a wreck. You can't control this. You have to do what is best for your team. And the Pirates haven't. Because the rest of the NL Central sucks this year does not justify the completely malfeasance of management and refusal of ownership to try and build on a 98 win team!

You forgot to include letting Neil Walker go. As MM has said, Nutting has convinced the fanboys that he is spending their money instead of his money. Never have I seen such rubes that sit back and defend his practices. I don't care how much it costs to sign Happ, I want to win.

Another great MM quote about the 98 win season.....you don't go from 98 wins to 79 in one season unless the ownership allows it to happen.

You forgot to include letting Neil Walker go. As MM has said, Nutting has convinced the fanboys that he is spending their money instead of his money. Never have I seen such rubes that sit back and defend his practices. I don't care how much it costs to sign Happ, I want to win.

Another great MM quote about the 98 win season.....you don't go from 98 wins to 79 in one season unless the ownership allows it to happen.

Oh man, you are right I did forget about that.

ADVERTISEMENT