ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State loses to DePaul

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
Not quite Albany or Radford, but another all-to-familiar WTF loss for Chambers in November.

To their credit, they came back from 10 down to DePaul with 3 1/2 minutes left to send the game to OT. But in OT, instead of feeding its best player, Lamar Stevens (who scored 25 by the way), he attempted one shot in OT. As a capper, the inbound play at the end of OT down 2 didn’t go to Stevens, but instead to a freshman guard.

Last edited:
Penn State can lose every game they participate in. They should finish 11th in that conference.
True, though Stevens is a top 20 national player in my opinion. Not focusing the offense around him when the game was on the line is baffling.

True, though Stevens is a top 20 national player in my opinion. Not focusing the offense around him when the game was on the line is baffling.
Bolton was 0-11 from the field and he's the one that keep shooting it at crunch time not too smart.Psu has no center right now that what's hurting them untill Watkins gets back.They'll win some games in the Big.Contrary to what some think on here unless you are elite road games are difficult to win.

Bolton was 0-11 from the field and he's the one that keep shooting it at crunch time not too smart.Psu has no center right now that what's hurting them untill Watkins gets back.They'll win some games in the Big.Contrary to what some think on here unless you are elite road games are difficult to win.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Two Ped-peas in a pod^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: Pitt-Chains

Do you post this crap on the pedo/nitters/eer's board ? I work with a die hard Mountie... I know he wouldn't.

Is it closet time ?

You are a genius!Also Psu missed a layup with 1 second to play in regulation to win it.Road games are tough to win no matter who you play.
2 years ago Chambers was the second coming of John Wooden. Doesn’t seem to be working out that way.

Pitt fans were calling for Dixon's head just a couple years removed from an Elite 8. Chambers has been there what? 8 years? I will never understand their total indifference to college basketball.
Matt Norlander of CBS writes the Hot Seat column. He mentioned that he was unable to find an instance where another Power 5 coach kept his job for 7 years without making an NCAA Tourney like Chambers has. I will say that Chambers has the fan base believing that they are building something great and really isn’t considered on the hot seat by many of their fans. However, the reality is that his team last year had NCAA talent and badly underachieved.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Chambers definitely would be on the hot seat if they don’t have anything resembling an NCAA tournament team.

DePaul loss not that bad in retrospect, PSU was a very slight favorite.

If they didn't have delusions of grandeur, they'd have kept DeChellis, who was one of those coaches that gets you to the dance with a senior laden team every 4-5 years, which is their ceiling.

He wasn't fired, but the door was opened wide for him to leave, as he had one year left on his deal, and no extension was being offered.
Correct. The writing was on the wall for Ed. Ironically, it happened after the ONE year out of the last 17 that PSU has made the NCAA Tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT