ADVERTISEMENT

Pennstating

JokePa

Sophomore
Dec 4, 2010
Suddenly the day just got better. Penn State just loses to Akron

And to boot it is 100% James Franklin’s fault they get the ball with a minute 30 leading in Indiana territory and they score a touchdown very quickly even though Indiana only had two timeouts leaving time for Indiana to tie the game

All is not lost today since Penn State blew it at Indiana.

It really is even better knowing the circumstances. You just knew Franklin was thinking a 21 to 20 victory over Indiana just wouldn’t be good enough and he wanted to pad the victory like he has done so many times in the past. An intelligent coach would have instructed his players to get the first down take a knee make the clock keep running and then have the QB take a knee to win the game

And to boot it is 100% James Franklin’s fault they get the ball with a minute 30 leading in Indiana territory and they score a touchdown very quickly even though Indiana only had two timeouts leaving time for Indiana to tie the game

wow! I went jogging thought the game was over. Well that does make it slightly better today

Reactions: doubleAA's
My fradenscheude is not really kicking in too much, too down abour Pitt’s performance. I did watch the end, that two point play was amazingly close.

At another bar with a friend watching his Wolverines play at Minnesota.

Ah, who cares. We sucked, they suck. Doesn’t matter

Reactions: PITT4UDAD and pbrad
He could have knelt down right off the bat. Indiana only had one timeout left. There was 1 :46 left on the clock so even with Indiana stopping it one time PSU could have burned out the remaining time. Clearly Indiana didn’t attempt to tackle the PSU running back. That’s a smart IU coach because letting them score was the only way he could have a chance to tie being down by 8. As for the PSU running back I wouldn’t blame him as it’s not natural to be thinking fall down when you are sprinting close to paydirt. I blame the arrogant PSU coach and the fact that their defense didn’t make a single play from that point on thru overtime.

He could have knelt down right off the bat. Indiana only had one timeout left. There was 1 :46 left on the clock so even with Indiana stopping it one time PSU could have burned out the remaining time. Clearly Indiana didn’t attempt to tackle the PSU running back. That’s a smart IU coach because letting them score was the only way he could have a chance to tie being down by 8. As for the PSU running back I wouldn’t blame him as it’s not natural to be thinking fall down when you are sprinting close to paydirt. I blame the arrogant PSU coach and the fact that their defense didn’t make a single play from that point on thru overtime.

Serious. That is karma

As we were leaving Heinz I looked at my phone one last time. Indiana had just thrown the incomplete pass on 4th down with 1:40 to go and I thought well, that's it, game over. It wasn't until I got home and looked at my phone again, and of course I thought, wait, what, that can't be right.

It really is even better knowing the circumstances. You just knew Franklin was thinking a 21 to 20 victory over Indiana just wouldn’t be good enough and he wanted to pad the victory like he has done so many times in the past. An intelligent coach would have instructed his players to get the first down take a knee make the clock keep running and then have the QB take a knee to win the game
It's amazing how he was so eager to get more points, yet he decided to kick the extra point. I would have gone for 2 to put it out of reach. They had all the momentum at that point.

Last edited:
I turned it off after the missed 4th down. I mean 1:40 at the IU 14 and one timeout. I saw the final about 30 minutes ago and couldn’t figure out how that was even possible

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
I can’t stand the guy, but I don’t think that was it. He was clearly trying to signal for the kid to go down as he was walking into the endzone. A little late at that point though, I’m guessing he forgot to mention that when the play call went in.

I mean if you’re right, we already know he’s an arrogant doosh so that’s cool with me. If what I suggested happened, he blew the game because he’s an idiot. So actually either way it’s pretty funny.

I can’t stand the guy, but I don’t think that was it. He was clearly trying to signal for the kid to go down as he was walking into the endzone. A little late at that point though, I’m guessing he forgot to mention that when the play call went in.

I mean if you’re right, we already know he’s an arrogant doosh so that’s cool with me. If what I suggested happened, he blew the game because he’s an idiot. So actually either way it’s pretty funny.

Just bad coaching. They should teach the kids that in practice

Just bad coaching. They should teach the kids that in practice

Honestly this board blames coaching for drop passes and false starts. Calls Aria Ford stupid for accidentally grabbing a face mask.. So of course they will give Franklin a pass for not taking a knee to win a game.

Well, yes that’s the obvious thing to do. It’s Franklin wanting to run up the score. He did that many times throughout the years

It had absolutely zero to do with him wanting to run up the score. That is totally untrue. Supposedly he did tell the RB not to score, but apparently he didn’t do a good enough job of it.

When I first saw it I assumed Franklin was just stupid, but as soon as he went in it was obvious the RB knew he screwed up.

They’ve been trying for 30+ years to get to the next level. Just can’t get there.

It had absolutely zero to do with him wanting to run up the score. That is totally untrue. Supposedly he did tell the RB not to score, but apparently he didn’t do a good enough job of it.

When I first saw it I assumed Franklin was just stupid, but as soon as he went in it was obvious the RB knew he screwed up.
YES!!! IT IS

If he was about winning, the qb would have kneeled on it 3 times and the game would be over. It’s 100% on Franklin

Reactions: FireballZ
YES!!! IT IS

If he was about winning, the qb would have kneeled on it 3 times and the game would be over. It’s 100% on Franklin

Cmon man, you know that’s not true no matter how many times you say it is.

Well, yes that’s the obvious thing to do. It’s Franklin wanting to run up the score. He did that many times throughout the years
I don't know if he wanted to run up the score or not but regardless, you either tell all the players not to score or take a knee. Pretty sure taking a knee then kicking the fg puts the clock down under a minute

I don't know if he wanted to run up the score or not but regardless, you either tell all the players not to score or take a knee. Pretty sure taking a knee then kicking the fg puts the clock down under a minute

He has mentioned margin of victory before when he threw long bombs up a ton.

Enabler U had the ball on IU's 14 yd line with 1:42 to go. Instead of taking the knee 3 times and kicking a field goal their RB scored on 1st down! This would have had the clock down to close to the end of the game with IU taking all 3 of their timeouts. That mistake allowed IU to tie the game with their timeouts not needed to be used up until this final drive.

I have to think that Jimmy's ego got in the way of his game mngt and probably was cheerleading on the sideline instead of managing the game.

Let's face it, we both have head coaches that are not good at game mngt....but Enabler U's can recruit a bunch more!

At this point in the season, I would take Pitt going winless to see Enabler U go 0-9.

Did anyone else watch the game? They SUCK. Franklose will leave at the end of the year and they are going to go back to the dark "sanction years" (psttt they should've gotten the death penalty anyways). Suck to suck PSU!!!!

Penn state has a good defense they will hold the game closer than you think. But nice to see them go 0-2

It won't be the same atmosphere without 100,000 KKK members all clad in white cheering on their Lions.
Ohio State found their groove and Nebraska played well (on offense) for 30 minutes. I don't see a blowout but I do see a two to three TD win for Ohio State.

Enabler U had the ball on IU's 14 yd line with 1:42 to go. Instead of taking the knee 3 times and kicking a field goal their RB scored on 1st down! This would have had the clock down to close to the end of the game with IU taking all 3 of their timeouts. That mistake allowed IU to tie the game with their timeouts not needed to be used up until this final drive.

I have to think that Jimmy's ego got in the way of his game mngt and probably was cheerleading on the sideline instead of managing the game.

Let's face it, we both have head coaches that are not good at game mngt....but Enabler U's can recruit a bunch more!

Indiana actually only had one timeout.

I didn't see it since I was at the Pitt game, but I've seen people say one and others say two. If they only had one then Penn State could have run the clock out. If they had two then Penn State couldn't have run the clock out by kneeling on it three times. But since Indiana let them go all they would have had to have done was run to the first down line and then fall down, and then they could have run the clock out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT