ADVERTISEMENT

Pennstating

I don’t understand the arrogance from that fan base. Sure, they have a solid football program. But it’s not up there with the elites and for the most part never has been. The way they handled the child abuse stuff was absolutely disgusting in my opinion. Sometimes football needs to take a back seat to bigger issues..

Reactions: pierre93
I don’t understand the arrogance from that fan base. Sure, they have a solid football program. But it’s not up there with the elites and for the most part never has been. The way they handled the child abuse stuff was absolutely disgusting in my opinion. Sometimes football needs to take a back seat to bigger issues..
This might be karma. Maybe it is just taking a little longer.

Reactions: pierre93
The arrogance is part of the "success with honor" BS that was fed upon everyone in central PA for decades by the school and the local media, which then was pushed upon the country as a whole through the national media. There are plenty of good Penn State fans that I know in Western and Central PA that were sick of that BS years ago, sick of Paterno, and hate Franklin. The "too good to play Pitt" type of arrogance is so much more the younger crowd and the fanboy crowd from my experience. Franklin is actually the perfect coaching representation of the new Penn State fanbase. All hat and no cowboy, but claim to ride the biggest bull. Older Penn State fans that were not part of the cult are completely turned off. I think even the cult members recognize Franklin sucks, but that hardens their Paterno boner even more, and their arrogance.

The arrogance is part of the "success with honor" BS that was fed upon everyone in central PA for decades by the school and the local media, which then was pushed upon the country as a whole through the national media. There are plenty of good Penn State fans that I know in Western and Central PA that were sick of that BS years ago, sick of Paterno, and hate Franklin. The "too good to play Pitt" type of arrogance is so much more the younger crowd and the fanboy crowd from my experience. Franklin is actually the perfect coaching representation of the new Penn State fanbase. All hat and no cowboy, but claim to ride the biggest bull. Older Penn State fans that were not part of the cult are completely turned off. I think even the cult members recognize Franklin sucks, but that hardens their Paterno boner even more, and their arrogance.

“Too good to play Pitt” is ridiculous. Same goes for the “too good to play WVU” mentality that exists within our own fan base. Rivals should play each other, get over the superiority complexes.

James Franklin also physically resembles a penis. Sorry not sorry. 🤷🏼‍♂️

“Too good to play Pitt” is ridiculous. Same goes for the “too good to play WVU” mentality that exists within our own fan base. Rivals should play each other, get over the superiority complexes.

Haha! I am glad I am not the only one who thinks so! Just did not want to admit it first.

Reactions: Cmart2004

Oh my lol

ADVERTISEMENT