ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect for Brian Kelly

Big eff'ing baby. These are the kind of kids I hope get knocked so hard on their ass when they get to college and play against kids just as if not bigger and more talented. I watched a little bit of the semi final they played against CV and he was crying and whining that game as well.

What good would WPIAL punishment do when he is done after this season?
If they contacted the PIAA, then I’d assume they’d go along with a 1 or 2 game suspension. What he did at the end towards PIAA officials would be the larger issue to them.

I thought he was going to slug the referee after the final buzzer. He sprinted a good distance in rage directly at the official, thinking that a foul should have been called against Laurel Highlands on the game's last play.

After the referee ignored his pleas, he kicked the basketball that happened to be laying at his feet at full force. I don't know if the ball actually hit anyone else on the court.

The entire episode was scary to witness.

Oh, and I forgot this...

EFF BRIAN KELLY!
Brian_Kelly_2012.jpg

Big eff'ing baby. These are the kind of kids I hope get knocked so hard on their ass when they get to college and play against kids just as if not bigger and more talented. I watched a little bit of the semi final they played against CV and he was crying and whining that game as well.
His old man said he didn't throw an elbow. The video says "Oh, yes he did". He exactly reminds me of a big baby.

His old man said he didn't throw an elbow. The video says "Oh, yes he did". He exactly reminds me of a big baby.

It didn't look like his elbow hit Gallagher in the face. It seemed to hit his shoulder. I don't see how that is an intentional foul; two shots AND the ball. It's a foul at worse.

I 100% disagree with what he did after the game, and he should be suspended for a game, but watch the replay in the video from behind the basket.

Last edited:
Last season, in a playoff game at Fox Chapel, Carmody basically kneed a kid in the head and none of the refs saw it. The other kid was on the floor and it was incredibly deliberate & dirty. The crowd saw it. I think, just from the couple times I have seen him play, he's just not a good dude.

yeah who wants a 6'6 300# OL with a nasty attitude and a problem with being overly competitive. Pitt could use a few of those.

Not sure how anyone could look at that replay and find it to be some kind of dirty play, especially after the big guy went over and shook the kid's hand.

The stuff he apparently did after the game, that's a little over the top--but playing OL at the P5 level is not for nice guys. Pitt has had a few nasty OLs over the years. A couple of the nastiest are enshrined in the pro football HOF.

yeah who wants a 6'6 300# OL with a nasty attitude and a problem with being overly competitive. Pitt could use a few of those.

Not sure how anyone could look at that replay and find it to be some kind of dirty play, especially after the big guy went over and shook the kid's hand.

The stuff he apparently did after the game, that's a little over the top--but playing OL at the P5 level is not for nice guys. Pitt has had a few nasty OLs over the years. A couple of the nastiest are enshrined in the pro football HOF.
Everyone loves a badass on the football field. No one’s interested in their rage after the game is over

No
Everyone loves a badass on the football field. No one’s interested in their rage after the game is over
I don’t really disagree. But I’ll take that over a guy who drags his ass off the court/field after a loss, waits for the coach to stop talking so he can go back to staring at his phone, and really doesn’t give a $hit.. if losing is acceptable to the guys playing the game you wind up with......

It didn't look like his elbow hit Gallagher in the face. It seemed to hit his shoulder. I don't see how that is an intentional foul; two shots AND the ball. It's a foul at worse.

I 100% disagree with what he did after the game, and he should be suspended for a game, but watch the replay in the video from behind the basket.
Does it matter where the elbow hit for it to be called intentional? I don’t know the answer, but if intent is the determining factor, it would not seem to matter where the contact took place.

I must disagree. The replay from behind the basket adds proof that it was intentional, IMO. It seems to show that he made visual contact to have awareness of the defender's position before intentionally lowering his elbow and shoulder to knock him out of the way to make space to pass the ball. I don't believe there was intent to injure, but that's not a requirement for an intentional foul, nor is it a requirement that he makes contact to the head. If he didn't drive the elbow, blind contact with elbow/shoulder was initiated by the defender, or he cleared the space by boxing out with his body, then those scenarios end up as a personal foul or non-call.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Does it matter where the elbow hit for it to be called intentional? I don’t know the answer, but if intent is the determining factor, it would not seem to matter where the contact took place.

No, it doesn't. Intent in initiating the contact is the only grounds for the call. That is why defenders must feign a swipe toward the ball or some other defensive act in fouling opponents at the end of games to preserve the clock. If you simply shove them in the back, it's an intentional foul.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilspainishflea
No, it doesn't. Intent in initiating the contact is the only grounds for the call. That is why defenders must feign a swipe toward the ball or some other defensive act in fouling opponents at the end of games to preserve the clock. If you simply shove them in the back, it's an intentional foul.
Thanks for the clarification. Just read in the P-G that it was intentional, but not flagrant.

Reactions: JoseLind13

He threw an elbow with the whole force of his 300 pounds behind it. He didn't have to hit him in the face for it to be an intentional foul. It was very intentional.

I have watched him multiple times as well as watched his brother and let's just say this is not surprising at all. At the expense of lowering myself to trash an 18 year old, I will just say that him and his brother were dirty players and leave it at that.

And the younger Carmody is really out of shape. He walked up and down the court almost the whole game the multiple times I seen him play. He might end up a great OL for Notre Dame but he better get his butt in shape.

He threw an elbow with the whole force of his 300 pounds behind it. He didn't have to hit him in the face for it to be an intentional foul. It was very intentional.

the slow replay at the end of the video clip shows a short windup before he spun w/ his elbow. I think he knew what he was doing.

If he takes this attitude onto the football field against kids his own size, then you are right. If he is just some tough guy on the basketball court because he is a lot bigger that everyone else, then that would be a punk.

Let’s see how nasty he is when he’s squared up with guys his own size who are just as nasty.

"a little over the top"...get serious.

I have watched him multiple times as well as watched his brother and let's just say this is not surprising at all. At the expense of lowering myself to trash an 18 year old, I will just say that him and his brother were dirty players and leave it at that.

And the younger Carmody is really out of shape. He walked up and down the court almost the whole game the multiple times I seen him play. He might end up a great OL for Notre Dame but he better get his butt in shape.
What’s even sadder is that the father made excuses for the behavior - no wonder the kid acts like he does - H2P!

Believe me this kid is soft as jello he is not tough on the football field this kid is playing football because of his size not his heart.

Reactions: zucca and 303vND
If he takes this attitude onto the football field against kids his own size, then you are right. If he is just some tough guy on the basketball court because he is a lot bigger that everyone else, then that would be a punk.
Yeah
Pretty silly to project toughness from hitting a frosh .
More like an entitled baby- than a tough guy

And the younger Carmody is really out of shape. He walked up and down the court almost the whole game the multiple times I seen him play. He might end up a great OL for Notre Dame but he better get his butt in shape.[/QU

I don't condone the elbow or behavior. He also got away with another elbow on the play they took the lead in the 4th qtr but some people are too harsh. Maybe because he's headed to ND rather than Pitt.

For one. He was injured at the beginning of the season so his conditioning isn't what is normally would be. His size is something not seen very often and he gets attacked a lot and because of his size the refs let the opponents get away with a little more than most. There's no touch fouls against him. a friend describe watching him play is like a father player with his two small kids trying to grab the ball away from him. Clutching and jumping on him.

But also the kid didn't have to play. His future is football but he wanted to play his senior year with his friends. I can't tell you how many players quit their second and/or third sport their senior year. Then there are the kids who leave or transfer to prep schools. Hopefully the Gallagher kid is genuine when he said he wants to play all four years at LH. Kids like these should be celebrated.

Again. His elbow and behavior was uncalled for and deserves a suspension but also he does deserve some kudos.

If they contacted the PIAA, then I’d assume they’d go along with a 1 or 2 game suspension. What he did at the end towards PIAA officials would be the larger issue to them.

If the WPIAL suspends him then he can't play unless he appeals to the PIAA and they overturn it. But the default position is that he's suspended. If the PIAA does nothing then he can't play.

Other than for a state playoff game the PIAA does not hand out suspensions, the individual districts do. In this specific situation I cannot imagine if the WPIAL upholds a two game suspension that the PIAA will not back them up 100%.

Yeah
Pretty silly to project toughness from hitting a frosh .
More like an entitled baby- than a tough guy
The only thing I know about this kid is what I read in the link and what I saw in the posted video clip. And that he has a loaded offer sheet. Did I “project toughness” in my post? Or did I say he appears to have a nasty disposition and a competitive streak, which are considered valuable assets for his position?

Believe me this kid is soft as jello he is not tough on the football field this kid is playing football because of his size not his heart.

I've seen him play FB several times. Was never impressed, and was never concerned he wasn't coming to Pitt.

Suspension reduced to one game. I guess this is equivalent to having your speeding ticket cut in half just for showing up to court. Kind of weak though.

He was picking on someone his own size when he threw the elbow at Gallagher. Gallagher weights 150 fricking pounds!I was at the game and Carmody was s 290lb whiner the whole game.He cost Mars and his dad the trophy in my opinion.Mars lead by 7 in the 3rd when he threw the elbow on a defensive rebound.Instead of a chance to go up by 8-10 pts he gave LH a 4 play and only down by 3!Then he charged down the court and picked up his 4th foul on a charge and had to sit. Class act that Carmody kid is!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT