ADVERTISEMENT

Peterman to Pitt

King Of All Message Boards

Athletic Director
Jan 9, 2009
@theofficialVFL: CFB: Tennessee Junior QB Nathan Peterman to Transfer to Pitt, According to 247; Will Be Eligible to Play Immediately #Respect @NatePeterman

Gives us a little experience/depth if needed. Can't hurt.

Why would he be immediately eligible? He was a class of 2012 Tennessee recruit. He shouldn't be a 5th year senior grad student.

In any event, he was a 4 star recruit in 2012.
This post was edited on 1/31 9:01 PM by DC_Area_Panther

How many years of eligibility does he have left? Usually the grad student transfer only has that single 5th year. Does he gave two years left?

A back-up with some game experience , who works hard and has shown great leadership throughout his career, at the most important position on the team....yea can't hurt!

Hey BB, I fixed that!

This post was edited on 1/31 9:52 PM by Parkview57

Knows what system? Tennessee'/Mike Bajakian's spread? Great leadership? he was 3rd string behind 2 players younger than him. And don't expect this O to look like Tennessee's did when Chaney was there. Narduzzi has his own idea of what he'd like to to look like-and it will look a lot like Michigan State's.

The kid will have to learn new playbook along with everyone else on our roster. But you're right that he does fill a gaping hole in the roster. Let's hope we never need to see what he can do in a game.

Voytik is an OK quarterback -- nothing great

Give this kid 10 starts, and he might be just as good, if not better -- who knows?

I'm not saying I want to replace Voytik, but at least, if Chad gets hurt, we won't be forced to play an untested freshman at the most important position on the field

Originally posted by thebadby2:
Knows what system? Tennessee'/Mike Bajakian's spread? Great leadership? he was 3rd string behind 2 players younger than him. And don't expect this O to look like Tennessee's did when Chaney was there. Narduzzi has his own idea of what he'd like to to look like-and it will look a lot like Michigan State's.

The kid will have to learn new playbook along with everyone else on our roster. But you're right that he does fill a gaping hole in the roster. Let's hope we never need to see what he can do in a game.
Yes he does... He was Chaney's recruit during his last year at Tennessee...

Excellent! Per the Trib, Chris McKillop (was on Tennessee staff) compared him favorably to Tyler Palko and was extremely high on him. Seems like he has had some bad injury luck. He has started for Tennessee, so we are getting a kid with some experience who should be able to spot right into the backup spot. It will allow us to redshirt one of the young guys and have them gain experience before having to use them.

And I don't see this as competition for Chad, unless he regresses ( I don't think he will).

This post was edited on 1/31 11:33 PM by CaptainMurphy

i think you're 100% wrong about this

I agree if you're talking about the defense -- I expect Pitt to adopt the MSU defense, which was Narduzzi's

But he hired a vet OC because he will hand over the offense to him -- and we'll see a Chaney offense, not a Narduzzi offense (because Narduzzi doesn't even have an offense)

Re: Injuries Can Happen Anytime & The Year Of The Cat!

Peterman will be able to step in under what the OC wants to have right away, a ready made back-up that knows his system, and can step into it with his hard work, experience, and smarts! Savage came on Board much in the same way and that helped Pitt when the team needed that arm, experience, and help develop the Offense that it has today under Voytik.

I rather have a 4 Star Recruit with a bigger body and experience than a freshmen thrown into the fire to learn because he Pitt has no other options for 2015 season.

I am happy Pitt was able to attract Peterman and I'll let the Coaches & Staff decide how to use him and when?

We all know where Pitt has been over these years of changing coaches, but take hope in know where it is going when we have a Coach & Staff that knows how to recruit what they may need!

"Don't Bother Asking For Explanations,
He'll Just Tell You That He Came To Pitt,
In The Year Of The Cat!"
images

THE YEAR OF THE CAT!

On A Morning From A Panther Game Film
At An University Where They Turn Back To Script Times
He Goes Strolling Through Panther Hollow
Seeing Pitt For The First Time
Just In Case Chad Goes Down
He Comes Out Of The Same Tennessee Sun Running
Changing Orange For Blue And Looking For Gold
Don't Bother Asking For Explanations
He'll Just Tell You That He Came To Pitt
In The Year Of The Cat!

He Doesn't Give Ron Cook Time For Questions
He Just Locks Up His Arms Towards Throwing
And Players Follow Seeing His Sense Of Direction
Completely Disappears Into "Oh Boyd’s" Hands
He Won’t Be Blue If The Offense Stalls
There's A Hidden Door He Can Lead The Team To
These Days, He Says, I Feel My Life
Just Like Those Three Rivers Running Through Me
Yeah,
The Year Of The Catch!

Well, He Looks Over The Line So Cooley
And His Eyes Shine Like The Moon In The Sea
For He Knows How To Cut Through The Incense With No Perfume
So Coaches Finds What's Waiting Inside
In The Year Of The Cat!

Well, Game Day Comes And He’s Still With Pitt
And The Team Leave For The Buses And Are Gone
And You’ll Wonder Why You Can’t Throw Away Tickets
So You Have To Stay To Watch Him
And Pitt Band Drum-Beat Strains Of The Night Remain
In The Rhythm Of The New-Born Day
We Know Sometimes He Is Bound To Lose
But For Now He Is Not Afraid And Staying
In The Year Of The Cat

Yeah, That’s Right The Year Of The Pitt Cats!

chairshot.r191677.gif

images

This post was edited on 2/1 2:32 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

THE YEAR OF THE CAT!

How many great qb's are playing college ball now? How many "great" qb's have played at Pitt in the last 20 years? If Chad stays healthy no other qb on the team will see a start. O$U showed you need depth at the position and that's all this is.

Yep, Chad is the unquestioned starter, I'm not sure how anyone could think otherwise based on his numbers last year. He will progress and end his career as one of the best QB in Pitt history. Still, a season where Chad gets injured and One of our freshmen QB see significant playing time would be a disaster and a big waste of the offensive talent we have.

With a new coaching staff and new system! I'll bet the coaches will tell all the players every position is up for grabs, just to motivate them to try hard and fight for the spots they want! I can't see Coach Narduzzi letting Voytik start if Peterman out performs him in camp. I see some FR's beating out SR's and players who road the bench might be getting more playing time! If he's a backup or starter, he'll be needed!

Originally posted by Dr. von Yinzer:
Solid back up.
Unless he beats out Chad and then Chad will be a solid back up.. No one transfers in unless there is a fair shot at winning the job..

This is an excellent get!

Feels loads better going into next season, which looks more promising, with multiple options at QB. I lived in Knoxville, and Peterman was def talked up in their summer camps... he looked to be a lock for them

So that makes him an expert on an offensive system that hasn't been established yet?

Come on.

So that makes him an expert on an offensive system that hasn't been established yet?

Come on.
No one said that.

But one thing he has in his favor -- the OC at Pitt recruited him to UTenn and coached him there for one year. The OC is not only familiar with him, but obviously believes in his potential.

Actually Parkview said that in his original post, but he edited/retracted it.

Agree that we need experienced depth at QB and that adding Peterman makes us better. We are virtually bareback at QB behind Voytik as it stands, so adding Peterman is important. I'm just saying he's not the second coming of Russell Wilson, which is what some posters seem to want to make of this move. It helps us a lot more right now than bringing in a true freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT