ADVERTISEMENT

PG article about Ryan Luther ...... why he stuck around Pitt ...

Nice article , sure does make KS look like an ass ...not . People who constantly bitch about him as a person need to get a life he’s just a guy who was offered a job and took it . Don’t like his job performance that’s one thing , but personal attracts on his character are just unwarranted .

Obviously, we’re very lucky to still have Ryan, but the most obvious question on this topic wasn’t broached in the article. Did Ryan graduate early? Did he even have a realistic option to leave? Sitting out a year to only have a year left wouldn’t have made a ton of sense, if not.

Obviously, we’re very lucky to still have Ryan, but the most obvious question on this topic wasn’t broached in the article. Did Ryan graduate early? Did he even have a realistic option to leave? Sitting out a year to only have a year left wouldn’t have made a ton of sense, if not.

I’ve been a Luther fan since I first saw him play in Maui, but I agree that his market potential for transfer would have been really limited. He’s pretty much the prototypical Pitt 6th man, and probably not even that on most competitive ACC teams.

I assume he would have only left if he deeply hated Stallings, which appears not to be the case.

Stallings will trend forward the next few years. I expect NIT next year and NCAA year after that. He is going to sign a few top 100's soon. Pitt basically started over when he was hired and it really had to be done. I support him and I believe the best is yet to come.

I’ve been a Luther fan since I first saw him play in Maui, but I agree that his market potential for transfer would have been really limited. He’s pretty much the prototypical Pitt 6th man, and probably not even that on most competitive ACC teams.

I assume he would have only left if he deeply hated Stallings, which appears not to be the case.

I don't think he'd have the big blue bloods after him like Cam did obviously. But he could've easily went to a mid-major who was already in a good spot and been a good player and try to make it to the tournament in his last season. He chose to be a leader and stay and help the program and we should really respect him for that.

Stallings will trend forward the next few years. I expect NIT next year and NCAA year after that. He is going to sign a few top 100's soon. Pitt basically started over when he was hired and it really had to be done. I support him and I believe the best is yet to come.
Good for you. I'm glad you feel this way. I sure wish I did. I hope we get some good evidence soon that your prediction could be possible.

I don't think he'd have the big blue bloods after him like Cam did obviously. But he could've easily went to a mid-major who was already in a good spot and been a good player and try to make it to the tournament in his last season. He chose to be a leader and stay and help the program and we should really respect him for that.

Again, that likely would have only been an option if he was eligible to grad transfer. It would be much harder for him to find an NCAA-likely home if he had to sit out and then make it next year.

I’ll take that action.

With playing time and 8 ships -
We signed no top 100 players

Why do you expect a big uptick?

Again, that likely would have only been an option if he was eligible to grad transfer.

If you listened to the post game show tonight they interviewed Ryan. It seems pretty obvious from his comments that he couldn't have grad transferred after last year, because he still hasn't graduated yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT