ADVERTISEMENT

PG article about wrestling

thom67

Senior
Jul 4, 2001
an article written by Abby Schnable appeared in PG today about rankings of local college wrestlers. How can a newspaper let someone who obviously knows nothing about college wrestling write this article? She lists only 4 ranked PSU wrestlers. She only left out Brooks, Starocci, Kerkliet, Haines, Truax, and Kasak(#17).

Yeah, but if they’re doing it by local, none of those kids are. The very closest one is either Kasak who’s from Bethlehem Catholic or Haynes who’s from Biglerville and Starocci is from Erie prep

I fairness, the author states her article is based off the NCAA Coaches poll which doesn't rank any of the wrestlers you mention. While we know those wrestlers are considered top wrestlers at their weight classes, they haven't wrestled enough matches to be considered for the poll. Happy to see any wrestling article in the Post Gazette especially when it brings light to Pitt wrestling.

I fairness, the author states her article is based off the NCAA Coaches poll which doesn't rank any of the wrestlers you mention. While we know those wrestlers are considered top wrestlers at their weight classes, they haven't wrestled enough matches to be considered for the poll. Happy to see any wrestling article in the Post Gazette especially when it brings light to Pitt wrestling.
Yes, but why have an article about the nation’s best wrestlers and not mention that you have left out 4 defending champs? Obviously the author knows little about college wrestling. This was the first coach’s poll . It requires 8 matches to be ranked; thus, the poll means nothing. My point was: why write the article? There are other rankings that include all the current wrestlers.

Yeah, but if they’re doing it by local, none of those kids are. The very closest one is either Kasak who’s from Bethlehem Catholic or Haynes who’s from Biglerville and Starocci is from Erie prep
It was not done about local kids.

Yes, but why have an article about the nation’s best wrestlers and not mention that you have left out 4 defending champs? Obviously the author knows little about college wrestling. This was the first coach’s poll . It requires 8 matches to be ranked; thus, the poll means nothing. My point was: why write the article? There are other rankings that include all the current wrestlers.
Maybe more about if y’all decide to write an article, please assign to someone who knows something about wrestling!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT