ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett 15 TDs and 1 INT

Makes for an interesting matchup next week, GT has 5 good dbacks and that is their strength. We cant run worth a darn, so should be a really close game next week.
Uhhhh we ran all over them last year so we might just be ok on the ground down there....avoiding turnovers will be key because that is how underdogs wreck games. I trust our offense this year which feels really good to say. Defense has to keep getting better because it is obvious we don't have a Jones and Weaver on the edge this year.

Stats don’t lie; Pickett has been great. On a side note, My 2022 doom and gloom
forecast is starting to be revised a bit. Patti has looked ok in spot play, particularly out of the pocket.

Pretty amazing statistics. But I would still give my Heisman vote to Jason White.
Still can not believe Smizik not voting for him simply because he was sophomore. Of course had an incredibly weak defense for voting for Tebow as a sophomore a few years later...

forecast is starting to be revised a bit. Patti has looked ok in spot play, particularly out of the pocket.
I agree on Patti. There will obviously be regression going from Pickett to anyone else, but Patti will be fairly experienced as backup replacements go and he can use his legs much like KP.

I agree on Patti. There will obviously be regression going from Pickett to anyone else, but Patti will be fairly experienced as backup replacements go and he can use his legs much like KP.
Maybe more RPO with Patti.

Patti looks to be serviceable, but I believe he only has one year left after this correct? It makes you really worry about the future, it’s almost certainly not Beville, when a guy is 3rd string in his 3rd year in the program he is not the answer.

Hopefully Pitt can hit the transfer market and get some talent at the QB position.

Patti looks to be serviceable, but I believe he only has one year left after this correct? It makes you really worry about the future, it’s almost certainly not Beville, when a guy is 3rd string in his 3rd year in the program he is not the answer.

Hopefully Pitt can hit the transfer market and get some talent at the QB position.
I am not as quick to write off Beville. He has a higher upside than Patti and the potential to be a good starting QB.

I was thinking that too. Patti then Beville; just one year Qbs. Who’s the recruit from Texas? Maybe that’ll be a multi year starter down the road?

All these guys get an extra Covid year right? He's a RS Jr so he's got 2 years left I believe.

On the year, Patti is 11/12 with an 11.8 yd average. I’d call that pretty damned “serviceable”.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Kenny Freakin' Pickett is playing really well. He made some bank coming back. He has improved his touch on the deep ball

He always had it... But regressed with the deep ball some since his first year. I guess he is comfortable with Whipple's offense now.

The true freshman recruits on the offensive side look like they will help keep the offense on the plus side next year.

Bartholomew, Hammond and Bradley all look like they are going to be very good.

The true freshman recruits on the offensive side look like they will help keep the offense on the plus side next year.

Bartholomew, Hammond and Bradley all look like they are going to be very good.
Won't anoint Bradley yet, but the other two have flashed enough for me to agree on them. The TE was great find. He looks like a natural and is going to be a weapon in the passing game.

Won't anoint Bradley yet, but the other two have flashed enough for me to agree on them. The TE was great find. He looks like a natural and is going to be a weapon in the passing game.
Bradley is going to be a good one as well. He has the size, hands, and burning desire to be great.

I think so too. He can probably add a lot more muscle to his frame too. Hammond seems to have some vision and shiftiness.

Current Heisman odds are +12,500 from MGM and +8,000 from draft kings. DK had him at +15,000 on 9/15.

Kenny is making himself some real money! Probably improved his draft stock by at least three rounds.

I don't know if Pickett will ever be a starting NFL QB, but he finally looks the part. He's making NFL throws every week now and is much better going through his progressions. Even though Whipple will drive you crazy as the OC, there's no doubting his ability as a QB coach. Great decision by Pickett to come back as it seems to be paying off with his development and hopefully draft stock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT