ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett,Butler,Smith,Sibley,Davis,Reeves

Salempanther2015

Redshirt
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2015
This is the talent that will surround Pickett next season. They all are much better than anything we have now. My uncle said that Butler and Smith are great athletes that can fly and catch. Both are big kids that remind him of JuJu Shuster. I've seen Sibley, kid runs with power. The thing about Sibley is that he can go coast to coast with his speed. Davis is going to be a do it all type kid. We haven't had a TE with Reeves ability ever, he's that good. If our O-line show's up next year this team can be great not just good.

This is the talent that will surround Pickett next season. They all are much better than anything we have now. My uncle said that Butler and Smith are great athletes that can fly and catch. Both are big kids that remind him of JuJu Shuster. I've seen Sibley, kid runs with power. The thing about Sibley is that he can go coast to coast with his speed. Davis is going to be a do it all type kid. We haven't had a TE with Reeves ability ever, he's that good. If our O-line show's up next year this team can be great not just good.
Jesus dude most of those guys haven’t played a rep of college football yet. And they’re going to make us “much better next year”. Good god.

By the way, if we’ve never had a guy with Reeves ability at TE before, I think he’d be out there this year, becaue we are weak at that position.

And by the way, what about the defense? That doesn’t matter?

Your uncle must be Steel Curtain.

Who is your Uncle? Why weren't any of these players playing this year?

Reactions: Ski11585
My Uncle coached high school ball in Ohio and Florida as a position coach. He has coached db's and wideouts for years. He's been retired for years but still gets to a ton of games in Florida. As for why these kids aren't playing? Why wasn't Pickett playing until yesterday? What took them so long to settle on Darrin Hall? Why is Weah still playing? Answer, who the hell knows.

If Davis is that good he should be on the field instead of having his redshirt blown for no reason. Not saying he’ll never be any good but I’d slow down a bit. But I hope you’re right.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Can't wait to see the guys on the field next season! When is this season over?

Your uncle is already guilty of heresy. He knows that Mike Ditka played TE - right?

Jesus dude most of those guys haven’t played a rep of college football yet. And they’re going to make us “much better next year”. Good god.

By the way, if we’ve never had a guy with Reeves ability at TE before, I think he’d be out there this year, becaue we are weak at that position.

And by the way, what about the defense? That doesn’t matter?

Your uncle must be Steel Curtain.

Ordnoff hugely missed this year, there have been multiple games that were literally crying for a pass catching TE. If Reeves turns out to be as good as him I will be very happy.

Uhhhh

Mike Ditka was to busy to call....so Nate Byham checked in.

Wanted to let the OP know he may want to re-think the tight end comment.

PITT has had its share of badass tight ends over the years.......

Reactions: bubba31
Uhhhh

Mike Ditka was to busy to call....so Nate Byham checked in.

Wanted to let the OP know he may want to re-think the tight end comment.

PITT has had its share of badass tight ends over the years.......
I'll give you Ditka, but Reeves is a lot like Eric Green. He a 280 pound athletic freak with speed and great hands. I think Nate B. Was really good, but Reeves is on another level. As far as Ditka, when you have to go back to the 1950's to make an argument! You just proved my point.

I'll give you Ditka, but Reeves is a lot like Eric Green. He a 280 pound athletic freak with speed and great hands. I think Nate B. Was really good, but Reeves is on another level. As far as Ditka, when you have to go back to the 1950's to make an argument! You just proved my point.

Your comment that we have never had a tight end like reeves....is moronic.....can we at least wait until he proves something????

Anything.....at all.....before we make a stupid statement?

Btw......when Ditka played is irrelevant. If he got inducted into the hall last year after finishing his career in say 2012....the fact remains. Hall of fame.....

Tone it down son.....the sharks here smell blood.

Geeze. If any of this is true it’s concerning. We have these monster talents who aren’t getting in the field despite not much in front of them in terms of talent. Like I said about Davis - if Reeves is THAT good and THAT talented he should be on the field.

THEN WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING?!?!

Reactions: Ski11585
What I don't get is Narduzzi's hardheadedness of not playing some of these guys. Weah and all of our deep receivers have stunk all year. It's not like it is that hard to actually run your pattern, make an effort to catch the ball, and actually run hard to the end zone except if you are Weah. If Smith and others have any skill set and speed they should have played this year. Narduzzi has the Wanny knack of too scared to play younger players unless absolutely having to. That has to be demoralizing if you are a player and you know your talent and skill set is better than the person starting. I have played enough sports to to tell you that players know who should be starting or not. This not hard unless you are a hardheaded, stubborn, know-it-all coach. Thank God Narduzzi isn't like that.....

Remind you of Ju Ju who is playing great as a rookie in the NFL? These guys haven't hardly played yet. Tone it down. You must be a young fan who hasn't followed Pitt very long.

Yes, they remind him of JuJu, In that they are big strong kids right out of high school. They are very athletic and they didn't play small school football. These kids played against the best schools in FLA. As for Reeves, I was referring to his skill set. For a kid his size his athletic ability is outstanding. Yes, it remains to be seen if they bring it to this level of football, but tell me exactly what Jester brought to the table. Oh and how's that stud Aaron Matthews doing so far? I guess we will just have to wait and see, but I'll hedge my bet and say Butler and Smith are both Starting by mid season. Reeves will get a lot of playing time as well.

Butler was in the top 4 before he got hurt.
So Butler was like the #6 WR they would have played behind a group of Weah, Lopes, Henderson, Ffrench, and Tipton? Fantastic. BTW, I don't believe we don't even know what his leg injury is keeping him out. Seems likely it is just an excuse for a medical redshirt, if needed.

An excuse isn't needed so your logic is illogical.

And please explain how you get 6 players in the top 4.

So Butler was like the #6 WR they would have played behind a group of Weah, Lopes, Henderson, Ffrench, and Tipton? Fantastic. BTW, I don't believe we don't even know what his leg injury is keeping him out. Seems likely it is just an excuse for a medical redshirt, if needed.

An excuse isn't needed so your logic is illogical.

And please explain how you get 6 players in the top 4.
Well, because he wasn't and you were counting him being in the "top 4" after Tre Tipton was hurt and without including Henderson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT