ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett-Marion on Twitter

A slight promotion. It’s Texas, not Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St. etc.
Shouldn’t he have been offered an OC position somewhere??
I’m curious was it intentional, or just a mistake that you capitalized Texas but not Pitt?
I guess in your line of work attention to detail is not important 🤷🏽‍♀️
You mean Texas that has more money than Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State - COMBINED?!!! You mean that Texas?

Here’s something to consider during this conversation:

Pitt essentially had the same decision after 2020 when Whipple returned after the request from Pickett. Narduzzi deemed him valuable enough to welcome Whipple back for one more season, but did not do the same when Addison (allegedly) wished for Marion to be promoted to offensive coordinator. What do you think that says about Marion/Addison/Cignetti? Just some food for thought.

Reactions: pittdan77
What exactly do you smoke?
Ok, so hypothetically, if Narduzzi was offered to replace his entire staff with 12 HS coaches, each of whom, who would bring a 1st Round NFL Draft pick, making you the preseason #1 team in the country, you wouldn't take that? There are limits in what coaches can do. I'll take the 1st Rounders.

Ok, so hypothetically, if Narduzzi was offered to replace his entire staff with 12 HS coaches, each of whom, who would bring a 1st Round NFL Draft pick, making you the preseason #1 team in the country, you wouldn't take that? There are limits in what coaches can do. I'll take the 1st Rounders.
Calling you dumb is an insult to dumb people….You’ve reached a new low….

So you’d hire a high school coach if he could bring in a Biletnikoff Award winner with him? There are a few flaws to your “logic”

1. How do you know that H.S. coach can actually coach at the next level? Who’s going to teach the kid the nuances of playing receiver at a higher level? Players are better and faster in college.

2. How do we know that the talented H.S receiver can actually play at the next level? Many 5 star receivers have washed out.

You may hire a coach who would be as useless as a dick on a dead man…

What are you going to say when Addison chooses USC instead of Texas? Are you still going to say if Pitt would have retained Marion, Addison would still be at Pitt????

Marion did a good job with our WR’s last year, but he comes from the Todd Graham tree so we should have expected him to jump ship quickly. This is why Narduzzi was hesitant to hire him initially.

Because that's the time frame that was used in the post I was replying to?

People throw out his transience as some sort of proof that he's unwanted or out of the norm. But I also didn't mention that they are in different stages of their careers with Marion rising through the ranks at the beginning of his career while Cignetti is established. When Cignetti was young he was with 7 teams in 11 years while he was establishing himself after leaving the job daddy gave him.

Again, nothing against Cig that's what most young college assistants do. Look at the majority of coordinators in college football and look back at their journey and you won't see many that stuck around as position coaches for more than 2 years. But some act like it's a moral failing for Marion to take a pay bump and promotion elsewhere when it was made clear he wouldn't be getting the promotion and would have to wait months before the final decision was announced.
Ok, understood why you used 8. I don't necessarily care about how many teams anybody has been with.

He had my support, but not any longer. This is a guy that literally begged Narduzzi to hire him, had everyone he knew reaching out to Duzz. Pittsburgh guy, wants to come home, yada, yada, yada. Gonzo while taking shots on the way out. There's a right way and a wrong way to do these things.

Cig and Underwood are who I support now, and I would take CIgnetti 10 out of 10 times over Marion as OC. Apparently nobody else wanted Marion as OC either.

Ok, understood why you used 8. I don't necessarily care about how many teams anybody has been with.

He had my support, but not any longer. This is a guy that literally begged Narduzzi to hire him, had everyone he knew reaching out to Duzz. Pittsburgh guy, wants to come home, yada, yada, yada. Gonzo while taking shots on the way out. There's a right way and a wrong way to do these things.

Cig and Underwood are who I support now, and I would take CIgnetti 10 out of 10 times over Marion as OC. Apparently nobody else wanted Marion as OC either.
and Narduzzi has taken public shots at people he feels have slighted him as well. Marion has gone from a high school coach with almost zero connections to a Co-OC at Texas in 7 years, I'd say that if nothing else he sells himself well. But he also transformed Pitt's receiving corps from among the worst performers in the ACC to among the best.

Sure he was probably a year or two away from deserving a P5 OC job and would probably be best served doing so under an offensive head coach, but they really should have found a way to keep him. I don't believe for a second that Narduzzi made any such attempt.

and Narduzzi has taken public shots at people he feels have slighted him as well. Marion has gone from a high school coach with almost zero connections to a Co-OC at Texas in 7 years, I'd say that if nothing else he sells himself well. But he also transformed Pitt's receiving corps from among the worst performers in the ACC to among the best.

Sure he was probably a year or two away from deserving a P5 OC job and would probably be best served doing so under an offensive head coach, but they really should have found a way to keep him. I don't believe for a second that Narduzzi made any such attempt.
Give it a rest! This is a Pitt site. Tweet your diva mentor.

Calling you dumb is an insult to dumb people….You’ve reached a new low….

So you’d hire a high school coach if he could bring in a Biletnikoff Award winner with him? There are a few flaws to your “logic”

1. How do you know that H.S. coach can actually coach at the next level? Who’s going to teach the kid the nuances of playing receiver at a higher level? Players are better and faster in college.

2. How do we know that the talented H.S receiver can actually play at the next level? Many 5 star receivers have washed out.

You may hire a coach who would be as useless as a dick on a dead man…

What are you going to say when Addison chooses USC instead of Texas? Are you still going to say if Pitt would have retained Marion, Addison would still be at Pitt????
Yes. For a position coach, I would absolutely hire a HS coach if he brought a 1st Round WR with him. You would have to be a brain dead moron not to. I never coached football but if I was Pitt's WR coach and had Jordan Addison, my WR production would be better than the best WR coach in the nation without Jordan Addison. Don't be a fool. Its 90% players. Its the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Give me a 1st Rounder and I'll go get some GA to do my WR coach job while I post on here.

You would be a fool to not hire a hypothetical staff of 12 HS position coaches and 12 1st Round draft picks. That team would go 12-0 as long as they got off the bus.

Yes. For a position coach, I would absolutely hire a HS coach if he brought a 1st Round WR with him. You would have to be a brain dead moron not to. I never coached football but if I was Pitt's WR coach and had Jordan Addison, my WR production would be better than the best WR coach in the nation without Jordan Addison. Don't be a fool. Its 90% players. Its the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Give me a 1st Rounder and I'll go get some GA to do my WR coach job while I post on here.

You would be a fool to not hire a hypothetical staff of 12 HS position coaches and 12 1st Round draft picks. That team would go 12-0 as long as they got off the bus.
So you are 100% certain that HS kid becomes a first rounder? The problem with your dumb idea, is hypotheticals like this don’t happen and will never happen with college football. There is no D1 coach dumb enough to risk their career with hiring a high school position coach to land one kid who could easily become a complete flop and never live up to the hype. Too many times it has happened, yet your scenario has never and will never happen.

You mean Texas that has more money than Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State - COMBINED?!!! You mean that Texas?
How many NFL draft picks did all of that money get them this year? Only won 56% of its games over the past decade and had four losing seasons. They may have a ton of money, but it isn't a good program right now.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
So you are 100% certain that HS kid becomes a first rounder? The problem with your dumb idea, is hypotheticals like this don’t happen and will never happen with college football. There is no D1 coach dumb enough to risk their career with hiring a high school position coach to land one kid who could easily become a complete flop and never live up to the hype. Too many times it has happened, yet your scenario has never and will never happen.
No, you idiot. Of course you dont hire a HS coach who brings a 5 star. You hire ANY coach who brings a FIRST ROUNDER. Marion would have delivered 1st Rounder Jordan Addison to Pitt. I would hire almost anyone if they delivered a 1st Rounder. I'm talking established college All-Americans, not HS players

No, you idiot. Of course you dont hire a HS coach who brings a 5 star. You hire ANY coach who brings a FIRST ROUNDER. Marion would have delivered 1st Rounder Jordan Addison to Pitt. I would hire almost anyone if they delivered a 1st Rounder. I'm talking established college All-Americans, not HS players
USC had a first round WR and they stunk. One player doesn't make a team. That is the point. Addison wasn't and still isn't worth derailing an entire team. What about those 5 O Linemen who came back so they could prove they can run block too and improve their stock, or the stud running backs we have...is Addison more important than them. How about the other receivers? Diva wants a Heisman so we can't evenly distribute the ball because he needs his stats. Come off of it bro....he wants what he wants; team be damned. We don't need that. Me first guys hurt the team. Marion is a whack job that I foolishly lobbied for and I looked like an axxhole when he imploded like a teenage girl who didn't win prom queen. That's who you want leading our offense? Stop smoking that stuff SMF it's ruining your brain.

You seem to be moving the goal post to save yourself from another dumb take.

You seem to be moving the goal post to save yourself from another dumb take.
I'm not moving any goal posts. You lack reading comprehension. Reread my posts.

Players are much more important than coaches. Give me 12 1st Round picks and you can have some midget league coaches be their position coaches.

This is confusing because Marion still isn't and has never been a P5 OC. Didn't even Colorado pass on him for someone else? Do you think Addison goes to Colorado if Marion is hired as their OC? Didn't Pitt offer him the same gig he has at Texas? Same gig Underwood has now... WRC and Passing Game Coordinator...

Yes. For a position coach, I would absolutely hire a HS coach if he brought a 1st Round WR with him.

But how do you know the player is a 1st round NFL pick???? He hasn’t even played a down in college? That’s the point you are missing…

I'm not moving any goal posts. You lack reading comprehension. Reread my posts.

Players are much more important than coaches. Give me 12 1st Round picks and you can have some midget league coaches be their position coaches.
They haven't had 12 first round picks but the rebuttal to your point currently resides in the center of PA

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Yes. For a position coach, I would absolutely hire a HS coach if he brought a 1st Round WR with him.

But how do you know the player is a 1st round NFL pick???? He hasn’t even played a down in college? That’s the point you are missing…
Because for the 10th time, I'm not talking about HS players. I am talking about hiring ANYBODY who brings a GUARANTEED 1st Round pick. If Pitt hired Marion, he delivers Addison to Pitt. And maybe he wouldn't be the worst OC ever.

This is all a point using crazy hypotheticals to illustrate PLAYERS matter not position coaches.

Here's another:

After thr 2022 season, 12 1st Rounders in Kiper's 2024 NFL mock get together and call Duzz and say they all want to transfer to Pitt if they hire their 1st grade gym teachers. I do that in a heartbeat. That team wins the NC winning every game by 40 points regardless of the position coaches or OCs. Get some grad assistants to help out and the extreme talent wins.

Last edited:
Because for the 10th time, I'm not talking about HS players. I am talking about hiring ANYBODY who brings a GUARANTEED 1st Round pick. If Pitt hired Marion, he delivers Addison to Pitt. And maybe he wouldn't be the worst OC ever.

This is all a point using crazy hypotheticals to illustrate PLAYERS matter not position coaches.

Here's another:

After thr 2022 season, 12 1st Rounders in Kiper's 2024 NFL mock get together and call Duzz and say they all want to transfer to Pitt if they hire their 1st grade gym teachers. I do that in a heartbeat. That team wins the NC winning every game by 40 points regardless of the position coaches or OCs. Get some grad assistants to help out and the extreme talent wins.
For the eleventh time….There are NO GUARANTEES! Many great high school athletes have washed out in college! Some have even been arrested.

I understand the point you’re re trying to make (that players matter more than coaches), but it’s flawed. Yes talent is extremely important, but coaching has its place as well…

Reactions: Farnox
For the eleventh time….There are NO GUARANTEES! Many great high school athletes have washed out in college! Some have even been arrested.

I understand the point you’re re trying to make (that players matter more than coaches), but it’s flawed. Yes talent is extremely important, but coaching has its place as well…
You STILL dont get it. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HS PLAYERS. I AM TALKING ABOUT TRANSFERS WHO ARE GUARANTEED 1ST ROUNDERS

I will take those guys and their babysitters when they were infants as position coaches. You know what I'm trying to say. Talent wins. Position COACHING is almost irrelevant. Many people can run drills. The value they bring is in recruiting.....ie bringing in talent.

You STILL dont get it. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT HS PLAYERS. I AM TALKING ABOUT TRANSFERS WHO ARE GUARANTEED 1ST ROUNDERS

I will take those guys and their babysitters when they were infants as position coaches. You know what I'm trying to say. Talent wins. Position COACHING is almost irrelevant. Many people can run drills. The value they bring is in recruiting.....ie bringing in talent.
You started off saying H.S. Coach, therefore it’s only right to assume you are talking about high school player. Ok, I get your point even though I disagree.

You started off saying H.S. Coach, therefore it’s only right to assume you are talking about high school player. Ok, I get your point even though I disagree.
Ok, so hypothetically, lets say the Top 12 Kiper projections in the 2024 NFL Draft all want to transfer to Pitt if they hire their HS coaches, you dont take that deal?

This sounds like Chris Farley talking to John Jennon.

"Do you remember in Abbey Road when you said
And in the end, The love you take, Is equal to the love you make?"

He's a passing game coordinator, whatever that means, no a co-OC. They have an OC, who doesn't have a co attached to his title. But there's no argument he likely got a higher paying job at a more prestigious program.

Duzz's shots were all on people who left, not his current employer who gave him his first opportunity in P5.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
How many NFL draft picks did all of that money get them this year? Only won 56% of its games over the past decade and had four losing seasons. They may have a ton of money, but it isn't a good program right now.
Didn't say it was a good program but that's insignificant data if you're getting paid tons of money. Do you think players care that they're losing if their paycheck is fat?

Ok, so hypothetically, lets say the Top 12 Kiper projections in the 2024 NFL Draft all want to transfer to Pitt if they hire their HS coaches, you dont take that deal?
Hypothetically, just stop with your nonsense. You took this from "hypothetically" having Addison for one more year by making Marion OC, to bringing in Kiper's top 12 for the 2024 draft.

What makes you think Addison wasn't bolting for more money anyway? He's chasing $$$, not Brennan Marion's tutelage.

Hypothetically, we should hire Nick Saban and give every 5 star a $5m NIL deal. Hypothetically of course. We could hypothetically use the checks you stroke to the athletic department.

Hypothetically, just stop with your nonsense. You took this from "hypothetically" having Addison for one more year by making Marion OC, to bringing in Kiper's top 12 for the 2024 draft.

What makes you think Addison wasn't bolting for more money anyway? He's chasing $$$, not Brennan Marion's tutelage.

Hypothetically, we should hire Nick Saban and give every 5 star a $5m NIL deal. Hypothetically of course. We could hypothetically use the checks you stroke to the athletic department.
I am trying to make a point that players are more important than coordinators or position coaches. Give me Alabama players and 12 gym teachers and we'll win a Natty

I am trying to make a point that players are more important than coordinators or position coaches. Give me Alabama players and 12 gym teachers and we'll win a Natty
Texas has had a top 10 recruiting class four out of the last five years and almost never fall outside of the top 15. In fact, they have landed in the top 5 a couple times. Can you provide any insight as to why they are not dominating the Big 12 and pushing to be in the CFP with all of that talent if, as you say, players are more important than coaches or will you just continue to spout your confidently incorrect BS?

You're not making any point, just spewing nonsense. In fact, you can't even make your original point that promoting Marion keeps Addison here.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Now your just being stupid to be stupid. Damn the torpedoes!! Full stupid ahead!!

No. It sets a bad precedence. Are you going to do that for every player who has 1st round potential? You can’t in my opinion…

Texas has had a top 10 recruiting class four out of the last five years and almost never fall outside of the top 15. In fact, they have landed in the top 5 a couple times. Can you provide any insight as to why they are not dominating the Big 12 and pushing to be in the CFP with all of that talent if, as you say, players are more important than coaches or will you just continue to spout your confidently incorrect BS?
Sure. They are recruiting HS players, not transfers from Mel Kiper's 1st Round mock draft. Its players. Coaching helps only a little. Its not like Texas is producing an exorbitant amount of NFL talent but just cant beat Texas Tech and WVU. They have a talent problem (mis-identifying HS players) AND a coaching problem

Now your just being stupid to be stupid. Damn the torpedoes!! Full stupid ahead!!
Who wins this game?

Alabama with Duke's players

Duke with Alabama's players but with the Duke HC and gym teachers coaching the positions and OC/DC?

Players win games. Its the Jimmy's and the Joe's. Some of you guys are so stupid. I could coach Alabama to 9-10 wins.

Boom 💥

Not worth it with SMF but here we go anyways lol. Regarding JA he moved on so what’s done is done.

Fact: PN gave Marion his first P5 job. You would think Marion would be a little more humble and thankful for what PN did for him. But instead he threw a Twitter tantrum.

Fact: No P5 school thought Marion was good enough to be an OC because no one hired him for an OC spot.

Fact: In the 7 years PN has been at Pitt we have been a better program than TX. The records prove this. Yes TX wins off season recruiting trophies but we have done it where it counts on the field.

Fact: PN is a better coach than Sark. Despite Sark being a HC 8 years and PN 7, PN still has more career wins. We finished ranked and Sark with all his 4 and 5 stars at TX had a loosing record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT