ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett-Marion on Twitter

Not boom. Look at their NFL draft picks. You have to "re-rank" the classes 5 years later. They are making recruiting mistakes. If they were pumping out NFL dudes like Bama, they'd be playing for the title every year

SMF: You need to hire HS coaches if they guarantee big time talent.

Also SMF: You can't guarantee big time talent will work out because it's not like Texas is producing any NFL talent.

So, if Texas can get big time HS talent but can't do anything with it to win or turn kids into NFL talent, what might be the differentiator between them and a school like Pitt that struggles to bring in talent but is doing a pretty nice job getting kids into the league?

Reactions: pittmeister
SMF: You need to hire HS coaches if they guarantee big time talent.

Also SMF: You can't guarantee big time talent will work out because it's not like Texas is producing any NFL talent.

So, if Texas can get big time HS talent but can't do anything with it to win or turn kids into NFL talent, what might be the differentiator between them and a school like Pitt that struggles to bring in talent but is doing a pretty nice job getting kids into the league?
Wow, its unbelievable how poor some of you people are at reading comprehension. How many times do I have to say this? Texas has had too many 4 and 5 star busts. 4 and 5 stars arent guarantees but statistically they have a much better chance of doing well than 2 and 3 stars.

I am not talking about HS players though. I am hypothetically talking about hiring babysitters, gym teachers, priests, rabbis, whoever, it doesn't matter, as long as they deliver a Mel Kiper 1st Round Draft pick as a transfer. That position group will do better with a rabbi coaching them than the best position group coach in the country coaching average to below average talent.

The good news for you is there is help for you. You shouldn't feel embarrassed or anything like that.

Wow, its unbelievable how poor some of you people are at reading comprehension. How many times do I have to say this? Texas has had too many 4 and 5 star busts. 4 and 5 stars arent guarantees but statistically they have a much better chance of doing well than 2 and 3 stars.

I am not talking about HS players though. I am hypothetically talking about hiring babysitters, gym teachers, priests, rabbis, whoever, it doesn't matter, as long as they deliver a Mel Kiper 1st Round Draft pick as a transfer. That position group will do better with a rabbi coaching them than the best position group coach in the country coaching average to below average talent.

The good news for you is there is help for you. You shouldn't feel embarrassed or anything like that.

And thus, the SMF cycle of terrible opinions has come full circle.

1. Say something dumb.
2. Defend it.
3. Defend it some more.
4. Try to explain it but poorly.
5. Get called out on the equally terrible explanation and move the goal post.
6. Fall back on some superficial point.
5. Claim victory while questioning someone's mental health (which surprisingly doesn't get you banned).

Go start a few more threads. You'll feel better.

Well, Texas should have made Marion and OC and it was a lock…..or something, LOL.
I originally thought he could go to Texas with Marion for 500K, posted Jan 1. When it was rumored he was going to USC for $2 million - $3 million and he's friends or whatever with Caleb Williams, I thought USC for sure but Texas had a slight chance. However, I do believe that if Marion was promoted, there would be less angst about having a 3rd WR coach and 2nd OC in 3 years. Maybe he still goes to USC but I personally dont think he even considers it. I think he would have been content enough with Marion to even think to look elsewhere. I believe there is truth to the thing his "people" put out about trying out Slovis, Cignetti, and Underwood in the Spring and not being satisfied.

I originally thought he could go to Texas with Marion for 500K, posted Jan 1. When it was rumored he was going to USC for $2 million - $3 million and he's friends or whatever with Caleb Williams, I thought USC for sure but Texas had a slight chance. However, I do believe that if Marion was promoted, there would be less angst about having a 3rd WR coach and 2nd OC in 3 years. Maybe he still goes to USC but I personally dont think he even considers it. I think he would have been content enough with Marion to even think to look elsewhere. I believe there is truth to the thing his "people" put out about trying out Slovis, Cignetti, and Underwood in the Spring and not being satisfied.
Dude, it was always about the money. It was about the money in January when he got his Bowser deal and it was about the money again in May. Marion is/was a pawn in this game.

Maybe. But with Marion, I dont think he even looks elsewhere.
Disagree... He always gonna go California to train with JuJu. He'd meet the Coach Frogg dude. He'd meet Williams. Marion entire history as an OC is a very run based O so they'd get in his ear rather easily. And, ya know, $3.5M is a lot. A lot more than Marion or Pitt would've ever matched. Now, if somehow JA never ever trained in LA, than maybe but he did and likely always would've because he and JuJu became buddies. If Marion meant even close to what you think he does to JA, he'd have gone to Texas. Zero doubt they'd match or exceed what USC offered AND Marion is a coach there. But, ya know, didn't matter. And, I'm sure Marion is already throwing shade on whatever social media account he's using most these days.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Disagree... He always gonna go California to train with JuJu. He'd meet the Coach Frogg dude. He'd meet Williams. Marion entire history as an OC is a very run based O so they'd get in his ear rather easily. And, ya know, $3.5M is a lot. A lot more than Marion or Pitt would've ever matched. Now, if somehow JA never ever trained in LA, than maybe but he did and likely always would've because he and JuJu became buddies. If Marion meant even close to what you think he does to JA, he'd have gone to Texas. Zero doubt they'd match or exceed what USC offered AND Marion is a coach there. But, ya know, didn't matter. And, I'm sure Marion is already throwing shade on whatever social media account he's using most these days
All possible but I just think Addison would have been happy enough at Pitt to not even make the LA trip. I think that trip was made in part out of him beginning to think about other options due to his unhappiness with Cignetti, Underwood, and Slovis.

All possible but I just think Addison would have been happy enough at Pitt to not even make the LA trip. I think that trip was made in part out of him beginning to think about other options due to his unhappiness with Cignetti, Underwood, and Slovis.
giphy.gif

Reactions: pittdan77
addison toying with marion and texas while he had no intentions of going to texas is a tad bit satisfying..

Dude, it was always about the money. It was about the money in January when he got his Bowser deal and it was about the money again in May. Marion is/was a pawn in this game.
Hard to believe certain people can't seem to grasp this cold, hard, undeniable fact.

It's always been about the money, and always will be about the money. Insert industry, profession, sport, politician, individual or business name here. Or as my professional mentor always liked to say: "It's not about the money. It's about the amount."

It was easy to be "loyal" back in the day when the sums were relatively modest. That was then, this is now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT