ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett , Rudolph and Steeler Qb’s

For good, bad or indifferent, his success and failures were attached with the fat HOF rapist.

it’s funny, that Chris Carter and Terry Bradshaw clip is recirculating today…the one that Terry took heat for saying Tomlin was a cheerleader. Carter defended Tomlin in the discussion for having a bad defense because all their money was tied up in the offense. Well now 6 years later all the money is tied up in the defense, it still sucks, and the offense is worse…and the Steelers are further away now from contention than they ever were in my lifetime.

Tomlin’s win % will go down now because he doesn’t have a HOF QB…and it looks as though Tomlin’s legacy could now be tied to Kenny’s development. If they go 4-13 this year and say 6-11 next year, it will be interesting to see how he’s viewed then.

The roster isn't good overall but rather young in spots. Oline needs addressed.

IMO, trading Watt would help speed up the rebuild imo.

By throwing bad picks and fumbling games away?
No by being THIRD IN ALL OF NFL HISTORY in come from behind 4th quarter victories, behind only Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, more than double what Aaron Rodgers has done in that category, that goes a long way toward staying .500 or better year after year.

The roster isn't good overall but rather young in spots. Oline needs addressed.

IMO, trading Watt would help speed up the rebuild imo.
I don’t really delve into steeler social media at all and I only see some tweets from the pundits. But other than myself, you’re the only person I’ve heard say this about Watt. I’m totally with you. If the Steelers are ever good again, he will be past his prime. Plus he’s injury prone.

I also wanted the Steelers to trade Claypool several months ago, stated so here, and no one agrees with me.

Lol, now you are agreeing that they held on to the fat rapist way too long?
Even the last two years

55 TDs 21 INTs, 21-11 W/L record, lead NFL with six 4th quarter comebacks in 2021, still a good performance by Rapey :)

I also wanted the Steelers to trade Claypool several months ago, stated so here, and no one agrees with me.
He was traded to the Bears today; I think a 2nd round pick

Who's going to take his place right now? I guess let's handicap our QBs more, not that he's great, but who plays with him gone?

Reactions: Rupart33
He was traded to the Bears today; I think a 2nd round pick

Who's going to take his place right now? I guess let's handicap our QBs more, not that he's great, but who plays with him gone?
I’m guessing guys on the squad like the two special teamers (and Sims) can run better routes than he can.

a 2nd rounder is huge. I would have taken that or an OL player then and would have thought his trade value would be lower now. But I guess not. Well done Omar Khan.

Reactions: Pitt79
I’m guessing guys on the squad like the two special teamers (and Sims) can run better routes than he can.

a 2nd rounder is huge. I would have taken that or an OL player then and would have thought his trade value would be lower now. But I guess not. Well done Omar Khan.
At least they got a good return, probably a high second rounder too.

At least they got a good return, probably a high second rounder too.
Right now the Bears are picking around 40-44. So root for them to lose the rest of the way. Is it a 2023 draft pick?

I don’t really delve into steeler social media at all and I only see some tweets from the pundits. But other than myself, you’re the only person I’ve heard say this about Watt. I’m totally with you. If the Steelers are ever good again, he will be past his prime. Plus he’s injury prone.

That's the right logic imo.

I also thought they should have traded Brown, Bell and Ben back in 2017. Looked obvious to me that they were never winning anything together.

That's the right logic imo.

I also thought they should have traded Brown, Bell and Ben back in 2017. Looked obvious to me that they were never winning anything together.
I wasn’t thinking that way, except for Bell. But I was absolutely baffled that the Steelers would offer Lev the kind of money they did. Thankfully the dumbass didn’t accept it.

For good, bad or indifferent, his success and failures were attached with the fat HOF rapist.

it’s funny, that Chris Carter and Terry Bradshaw clip is recirculating today…the one that Terry took heat for saying Tomlin was a cheerleader. Carter defended Tomlin in the discussion for having a bad defense because all their money was tied up in the offense. Well now 6 years later all the money is tied up in the defense, it still sucks, and the offense is worse…and the Steelers are further away now from contention than they ever were in my lifetime.

Tomlin’s win % will go down now because he doesn’t have a HOF QB…and it looks as though Tomlin’s legacy could now be tied to Kenny’s development. If they go 4-13 this year and say 6-11 next year, it will be interesting to see how he’s viewed then.

By Steeler fans, or the national media?

If you're talking national media, I think Tomlin will take a few hits, but most of the blame will probably be put on Colbert, or Kenny, or the cyclical nature of the beast, (used to further credit Tomlin for his consistency). For some in the media, everything good about the Steelers is because of Tomlin. For the bad, he's just an innocent bystander. At least that's my perception.

Facts = an apologist?

If you were running a business and you fired your 6th best sales person of 32- the next person you should fired is yourself.
Let's talk about his playoff record over the past 10 years. Ready for the facts.

By Steeler fans, or the national media?

If you're talking national media, I think Tomlin will take a few hits, but most of the blame will probably be put on Colbert, or Kenny, or the cyclical nature of the beast, (used to further credit Tomlin for his consistency). For some in the media, everything good about the Steelers is because of Tomlin. For the bad, he's just an innocent bystander. At least that's my perception.
I guess I meant national media, as the local media as I see it, see Tomlin for who he is. But it’s the guys from afar who cite his W/L record and playoff appearances and are in awe because they don’t cover him intimately. After this year and next and let’s say a 4-13 and 6-11 record, the bloom may finally be off the rose.

I guess I meant national media, as the local media as I see it, see Tomlin for who he is. But it’s the guys from afar who cite his W/L record and playoff appearances and are in awe because they don’t cover him intimately. After this year and next and let’s say a 4-13 and 6-11 record, the bloom may finally be off the rose.

Yeah. He would definitely get dinged a bit, but for a few of the nationals, as long as he shows up to the game and looks cool in his aviators, he can do no wrong.

Art is as bad as Jerry Jones with his meddling in the team, the coach decides offensive philosophy, not some lawyer who inherited a team from his dad
Well , when you own the team you do get the final say .

Definitely. Geez, they even extended Edmunds, who is awful. A random FA could do better than Edmunds. As a random FA is excelling over Harris this season.
Terrell Edmunds is a top-five safety in the league lol. After last week his PFF numbers were great and I think he’s been great this year. The first touchdown AJ Brown wasn’t his fault because he was supposed to trail and Minkah was supposed to help over the top. If you actually watch the film you would know that Edmunds if anything needs to be extended long-term. Why start over at safety with a rookie when you have a guy who solid and does his job and wins his matchups? I told everybody that Mason Rudolph wasn’t the problem at quarterback it was the system and it was the lack of receivers. Now they have receivers and running backs and a tight end but their scheme sucks and they still can’t move the ball. So give Kenny the same crap that y’all were giving to Mason Rudolph.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I don't think they won't fire him for the reasons either of you are insinuating. I think it's more about the way the franchise has always run and saving face. They know the league knows that Tomlin isn't producing but they will collectively throw the franchise under the bus for firing him because "he's done nothing but win". I mean, Chuck Noll wasn't exactly doing the franchise any good the last several years but how do you fire a legend? Tomlin isn't nearly that good but in terms of today's NFL, it would be a difficult move to get away with.
If they do fire him they can just hire Brian Flores lol. I actually think that would actually be a pretty good move but I digress

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
If they do fire him they can just hire Brian Flores lol. I actually think that would actually be a pretty good move but I digress

As someone who has watched every single Dolphins game for the last 3 years, you absolutely do not want Brian Flores to be your HC. He did everything possible to ruin Tua, including but not limited to recruiting Deshaun Watson and leaking trade rumors. He even benched a healthy Tua - lying that he was not healthy - in favor of Jacoby Brissett and was forced to play Tua due to Brissett's bad play (Tua came in the 2nd half of the Ravens game in 2021 and won).

He also doesn't care about the offensive side of the ball at all and completely delegated that half of the team to Chan Gailey and a bunch of other nobodies. He can't recruit or retain a competent staff. He's literally the Dollar General version of Mike Tomlin.

I swear some of ya'll have some absolutely insane takes.

OK, then don't pretend you don't involve yourself or meddle with what is the coaches duties.
Telling them to fix the running game is well within his rights as the owner . Now , if he told them to draft Najee that’s another matter .

You know what , they still need to desperately need to fix the run game ! I’d personally have tried to fix it with some studs up front though .

As someone who has watched every single Dolphins game for the last 3 years, you absolutely do not want Brian Flores to be your HC. He did everything possible to ruin Tua, including but not limited to recruiting Deshaun Watson and leaking trade rumors. He even benched a healthy Tua - lying that he was not healthy - in favor of Jacoby Brissett and was forced to play Tua due to Brissett's bad play (Tua came in the 2nd half of the Ravens game in 2021 and won).

He also doesn't care about the offensive side of the ball at all and completely delegated that half of the team to Chan Gailey and a bunch of other nobodies. He can't recruit or retain a competent staff. He's literally the Dollar General version of Mike Tomlin.

I swear some of ya'll have some absolutely insane takes.
I guess my sense of sarcasm didn’t come off on that post what I said “lol “. I was saying that in context to curb the problem of people saying firing Tomlin is racist. I actually think Brian Flores would be at some point though a good head coach the second time around. Because I think he would learn from his mistakes and I think he will learn from Mike Tomlin’s mistakes

I guess my sense of sarcasm didn’t come off on that post what I said “lol “. I was saying that in context to curb the problem of people saying firing Tomlin is racist. I actually think Brian Flores would be at some point though a good head coach the second time around. Because I think he would learn from his mistakes and I think he will learn from Mike Tomlin’s mistakes

Sorry for missing that.

I think Flores is there either to give him income until another HC job arises for him (and it will…whether deserved or not, is for others to debate) …or Tomlin decides he’s had enough, now that the need of a long painful rebuild is clear.

If I’m Steelers decision maker this is what I’d do… Trade any player that has no future with the team. Hayward, Trubisky, Harris and Johnson for whatever you can get.

Then I would make Warren the #1 back. I would fire Canada.

Then, I would the give Mark Whipple a call and see if he would leave Nebraska immediately to become the OC. Pickett is familiar with him and I think it would help his development.
I had the same thought about Whipple. I think the moves they make should be offensive line and cornerback focused with depth at defensive end a close third. It is clear that when Watt is injured, the whole defense falls apart. Heyward is the only one who gets pressure when Watt is out. Harris is the only potential playmaker on offense. It will take them 2 seasons to rebuild minimum, but I wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT