ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

I think he’s got an above avg arm. Dude throws frozen ropes on deeper posts and crossing patterns.

think he still needs to learn touch on short passes. Deep ball is improving.

a good Sr year and he will be remembered fondly from most of us. Carried himself very well off the field. Seems like a good leader, good rep for the team.

In hindsight, we could have been a tad over critical of him, myself included.

Fastballs a product of protection more often than not. Guy excelled at QB camps. He can put touch on his passes in those settings. Some things just don't come naturally for him--under pressure.

Reactions: bubba31
My biggest problem with Pickett is his inability to see his open receivers, or waiting too long to get them the ball. I think his arm is fine.

Reactions: cease10
I think he has a good arm on deep balls, where he is able to get his smaller hands under the ball. I do not think he shows much arm strength on deeper sideline routes.

pickett was on the tube the other day , he is lookiing beast .
he would cold cock any dude on here that says he sucks as a QB.

Reactions: jtbuba
Strong arm with no touch has been his problem. That and too often not standing tall in the pocket.

Pickett = Pitt
good = not good enough

cross multiple , you get it.

why cant the good guys win ?

Footwork seems to be an issue at times, arm strength is not. Throws off his back foot too often.

Pickett is an okay QB.
I think in a more spread, “space and pace” offense with different OL splits, his numbers would be a lot better.

He belongs playing for Dan Mullen, not Whipple.

Pickett is a good QB, I'm ready to go to war with him but he did shit the bed a couple games last season after surprising good games.

Reactions: jtbuba
If he had wr’s last season who could catch the ball, he would have been a lot better qb.

Reactions: Celtsfan
Lol. Is this a serious post?

You must have missed it, during one of the games last year a fan of the opponent yelled down to him that he sucked and Pickett went right up into the stands and cold-cocked him. It was the darnedest thing.

Luckily, no one at any of these games has a cell phone with a camera on it or that would have been all over the news.

Pickett is a good QB, I'm ready to go to war with him but he did shit the bed a couple games last season after surprising good games.
I agree he is streaky but he had no help. Receivers dropped a lot of passes and the running game was non existent for most the season. I was happy with how much improvement we got last year. I hope for a little better this year and that the supporting cast is better as well. Last year was picket doing well or nothing happened.

Reactions: Celtsfan
Footwork seems to be an issue at times, arm strength is not. Throws off his back foot too often.
He
Not sure I know of many posters who question his arm strength. He's tough, a gamer, and has plenty of arm strength. Decision making is where he needs the most improvement.

I wish they would run him more and take advantage of his legs.
His accuracy and feel for the flow of the game and what's going on around him have been lacking. He runs when he should stand in or step up and throw. He stands in like he has all day when he should take off and run. he never seems to feel that backside rusher. He appears tentative and indecisive. he seems to struggle to see open receivers. In fairness to him he's had too many playbooks and not enough protection his whole career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT