ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt’s new on campus football stadium

taylorpitt1

Scholarship
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2009
Look at North Dakota State’s Stadium.
It is very similar to the Fitzgerald Field House. Pitt needs to taker Heather’s disastrous Victory Blight project and wrap it into an indoor football facility where 30-40 thousand Pitt fans would be a huge home field advantage. Make all the other non - profit teams apart of the expansion and build it into the Peterson’s Event Center!

Makes too much sense.

Last edited:
Do you know how big a football stadium is? North Dakota's stadium is like 2.5x the size of the Fitz.

To fit it where Victory Heights is going would require knocking down several of the newer residence halls. So $450+ million to build the 16th largest stadium in the ACC, with terrible parking, and a couple hundred fewer student residences that need more money to build elsewhere.

Find 500x600 Feet of space in Oakland, then imagine all of the earthworks that would be required to flatten it, then find $500,000,000 to build a 40,000+ stadium there.

Reactions: Ski11585
Do you know how big a football stadium is? North Dakota's stadium is like 2.5x the size of the Fitz.

To fit it where Victory Heights is going would require knocking down several of the newer residence halls. So $450+ million to build the 16th largest stadium in the ACC, with terrible parking, and a couple hundred fewer student residences that need more money to build elsewhere.

Find 500x600 Feet of space in Oakland, then imagine all of the earthworks that would be required to flatten it, then find $500,000,000 to build a 40,000+ stadium there.
What part of his it “makes too much sense” do you not understand brah…

Build it either of off the Blvd of The Allies overlooking the south side or off of Kirkpatrick street where Kennard park is located. I like off of the Blvd. one end faces the cathedral while the other over looks the river and southside

Should have figured out the land issue 20 + years ago when it was cheaper and built a 45-50k seat stadium. They didn't. Now there is less space and everything is somehow way more expensive. Game. Over.

I've been to a NDSU game at the Fargodome. It doesn't even hold 20k though (at least when I was there). It's a fantastic environment, but it's not because it's this architectural wonder or anything like that -- it's because the program is excellent and everybody everywhere loves a winner. Sorta like early Pete days when Dixon had the basketball team rolling year after year after year. Also, much like PSU country, there isn't anything else to do in town.

Look at North Dakota State’s Stadium.
It is very similar to the Fitzgerald Field House. Pitt needs to taker Heather’s disastrous Victory Blight project and wrap it into an indoor football facility where 30-40 thousand Pitt fans would be a huge home field advantage. Make all the other non - profit teams apart of the expansion and build it into the Peterson’s Event Center!

Makes too much sense.
Haven’t we broke ground on that bad boy already? I can’t F’in wait!

Reactions: Parkview57
Build it either of off the Blvd of The Allies overlooking the south side or off of Kirkpatrick street where Kennard park is located. I like off of the Blvd. one end faces the cathedral while the other over looks the river and southside
Yeah, screw those kids and their park. Pitt needs a football stadium to use seven times per year instead of the other giant football stadium 1 mile away.

Best place is on the Blvd across from that Best Western. Would need to knock down that UPMC office building and buy up 25 houses and probably a public housing complex.

The other place to put it is to knock down Trees and that whole OC Lot/Cost Center area and maybe the baseball/softball/soccer complex and redevelop that whole area with a football stadium, parking, rec center with swimming/diving to replace trees and maybe we can squeeze in soccer and softball. Baseball is probably going to get cut anyway. If not, have them play at PNC Park and the Wild Things stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT