ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt -15 over VT

That loss last week really destroyed our fan base’s optimism for the year; it kind of ended the season in a way. I’m still attending Saturday and will watch the games this year. But I can’t just shake the bad vibes.
I agree that ruined the fan base's mood. I'm hoping this becomes their "WMU" game for this year, but at the same time I'm tired of them having a "WMU" game. They still can win the Coastal and the ACC all together, but I believe they're going to need a bigger turn around than last year.

Reactions: kma0043
I agree that ruined the fan base's mood. I'm hoping this becomes their "WMU" game for this year, but at the same time I'm tired of them having a "WMU" game. They still can win the Coastal and the ACC all together, but I believe they're going to need a bigger turn around than last year.
I still felt ok (not thrilled but ok) after WMU because it seemed clear that our offense would continue to be highly productive, which meant the likelihood of winning all or most of the rest. I felt confident the defense would fix the problem of the WMu game, which was basically only one play that they let beat them. And things largely played out that way. The O remained strong and the D tightened things down enough.

But this time, the dismal offense displayed in the last two weeks bodes poorly for a repeat of that prospect. There are going to be a lot of 23-20 type games and no assurance of winning any of them.

Reactions: jctrack

We're about two or three notches worse than last season and Clemson is about one or two notches better, unfortunately. That's the only thing that makes me feel better about not taking advantage of a terrible Coastal in which we have the easiest conference schedule among the contenders: We probably wouldn't win the conference championship anyway. Clemson might as well have already punched their ticket by being 3-0 with wins over the second and third best Atlantic teams.

I still felt ok (not thrilled but ok) after WMU because it seemed clear that our offense would continue to be highly productive, which meant the likelihood of winning all or most of the rest. I felt confident the defense would fix the problem of the WMu game, which was basically only one play that they let beat them. And things largely played out that way. The O remained strong and the D tightened things down enough.

But this time, the dismal offense displayed in the last two weeks bodes poorly for a repeat of that prospect. There are going to be a lot of 23-20 type games and no assurance of winning any of them.

I don't see this offense putting up more than 30 points on anyone. It will be more like 24 points and a bunch of close games with us coming out on the short end in at least half of them. We can't score like we did last year, plain and simple. And our defense is not nearly as good as it was hyped to be, so we'll have trouble stopping anyone.

I think for the VT game, we'll somehow win that one just because they'll be motivated to not lose to 2 very bad opponents in a row. If we do lose, God help the coaches and players. I see a 24 - 21 game, Pitt narrowly winning.

I don't see this offense putting up more than 30 points on anyone. It will be more like 24 points and a bunch of close games with us coming out on the short end in at least half of them. We can't score like we did last year, plain and simple. And our defense is not nearly as good as it was hyped to be, so we'll have trouble stopping anyone.

I think for the VT game, we'll somehow win that one just because they'll be motivated to not lose to 2 very bad opponents in a row. If we do lose, God help the coaches and players. I see a 24 - 21 game, Pitt narrowly winning.
I think that some of you are erroneously thinking WVU is a “bad” team. We should’ve beat Pitt and the undefeated Jayhawks and we probably just lost to one of the 3-4 best teams in the league. UT is legit this season. I was wide awake after the first quarter.

We are probably a bad XII team but not overall. We do have one of the worst defensive backfields in the sport. At WVU, we seem to always have corners with good ball skills who can make plays. I don’t think there’s one on this roster. We’d win 7-8 in the ACC Coastal (because we would also have an extra OOC game). Pitt beat us. You’re being too hard on yourselves. I’m not saying you have a good squad. I’m saying you probably don’t have a bad one. Just got beat.

You’re simply not watching VT if you think you will squeak by them.

They honestly might be the worst Power 5 team. Atrocious. We had 5-6 mistakes (including fumbles) and we still beat them by 30 (we were on the door step to score prior to kneeling to kill the clock). And it was a Thursday night game where their fans were charged because they were playing a rival they hadn’t played at home in quite awhile.

Last edited:
I think that some of you are erroneously thinking WVU is a “bad” team. We should’ve beat Pitt and the undefeated Jayhawks and we probably just lost to one of the 3-4 best teams in the league. UT is legit this season. I was wide awake after the first quarter.

We are probably a bad XII team but not overall. We do have one of the worst defensive backfields in the sport. At WVU, we seem to always have corners with good ball skills who can make plays. I don’t think there’s one on this roster. We’d win 7-8 in the ACC Coastal (because we would also have an extra OOC game). Pitt beat us. You’re being too hard on yourselves. I’m not saying you have a good squad. I’m saying you probably don’t have a bad one. Just got beat.

They honestly might be the worst Power 5 team. Atrocious. We had 5-6 mistakes (including fumbles) and we still beat them by 30 (we were on the door step to score prior to kneeling to kill the clock). And it was a Thursday night game where their fans were charged because they were playing a rival they hadn’t played at home in quite awhile.

I think Kansas is going to come back to Earth and finish like 6-6. Same as Syracuse. I've watched both of them play this season and, for the life of me, couldn't understand the fuss. They just have back-loaded schedules.

wvu is a bad team. You just don't realize it. Pitt is a better team than wvu and we beat you legitimately, but we're still not very good. Last year's Pitt team would have beaten any wvu team by 30+.

And no, I don't watch VT. I don't have that kind of time on my hands to do something so useless.

wvu is a bad team. You just don't realize it. Pitt is a better team than wvu and we beat you legitimately, but we're still not very good. Last year's Pitt team would have beaten any wvu team by 30+.

And no, I don't watch VT. I don't have that kind of time on my hands to do something so useless.
unless they changed the V to an M and then the mighty 2021 Panthers would have gone down in flames...

never a good idea to say what Pitt would have done or will do...If you were a true longtime Pitt fan you would know that is utterly impossible. If you need proof see last Saturday.

Reactions: jctrack

No doubt. Last year’s WMU team would’ve beat any WVU team by 40+…

No doubt. Last year’s WMU team would’ve beat any WVU team by 40+…

LOL! There you go with the transitive property. IT DOESN'T WORK IN SPORTS!!! I know you wvu fans think it does, BUT IT DOESN'T. Sporting events and competitions are isolated events. One event has no bearing on previous or subsequent events.

But you must have been trying to be funny. Ha-ha.

I love Pitt but have taken the opposing team with points all year. The best was taking WVU plus 7.5. So now I see that it is Pitt -15.5. I really think Pitt is going to be fired up and I think this week Pitt is going to cover the spread.
VT's D is still pretty good but their O is horrid.

Pitt 23
VT 13

Classic Big Ten Battle

LOL! There you go with the transitive property. IT DOESN'T WORK IN SPORTS!!! I know you wvu fans think it does, BUT IT DOESN'T. Sporting events and competitions are isolated events. One event has no bearing on previous or subsequent events.

But you must have been trying to be funny. Ha-ha.
No toothless inbred knows what “transitive” means. He’ll probably assume you are one of those big city fancy boys coming on to him.

ADVERTISEMENT