ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - #2 in ACC

that shocks me every time. We are pretty much one of a very few football programs that benefitted from conference realignment. well with wins and losses anyways.

think about how much more national and regional recognition programs like unc, fsu, miami, va tech and even NC state get over pitt too. just doesnt make sense.

that shocks me every time. We are pretty much one of a very few football programs that benefitted from conference realignment. well with wins and losses anyways.

think about how much more national and regional recognition programs like unc, fsu, miami, va tech and even NC state get over pitt too. just doesnt make sense.
The ACC is the perfect fit for Pitt. Athletics have never been stronger overall.

I'd almost say that A&M is the only clear winner, but most teams probably slightly benefited or remained neutral after switching. Pitt is definitely better, but if you look at the last 5 years vs say any 5-year period in the Big East post-2000 you are probably seeing a 2-win difference. Looking at weeks ranked, bowl games, All Americans, etc. you probably don't have any major differences.

WVU and Miami are probably the biggest losers in Wins/Losses and rankings.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I'd almost say that A&M is the only clear winner, but most teams probably slightly benefited or remained neutral after switching. Pitt is definitely better, but if you look at the last 5 years vs say any 5-year period in the Big East post-2000 you are probably seeing a 2-win difference. Looking at weeks ranked, bowl games, All Americans, etc. you probably don't have any major differences.

WVU and Miami are probably the biggest losers in Wins/Losses and rankings.
You’re likely referring to existing power programs switching conferences, but I’d argue that TCU and Utah should be considered winners as well, especially making the jump from the MWC.

Reactions: FireballZ

Do all those schools you list really get more national recognition than Pitt?

Do all those schools you list really get more national recognition than Pitt?
well i think so. Maybe not NC state though. i think without a doubt, unc, fsu (probably deservedly so with them with somewhat recent national success), Miami and va tech for sure.

but if you asked college football fans across the country, what team has had the second most success over the last 8 years, no one says pitt. Hell, i live and die by pitt football and this stat surprises me.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I’m glad you posted this it allows me to get on my soapbox and be an obnoxious truth teller to those non-believers, doubters, and negative numbskulls. To spare those who have already heard me bloviate, I will give you the short version:

Pitt can hang with any of these snobs and wannabes that make up the ACC Conference… PERIOD. We are right there with them academically and athletically. We don’t have to be ashamed of our academic standing (Louisville) We don’t have to be depressed about out achievements in the arena of sports (Syracuse).

There are too many half-breeds (Those who root for Pitt but other schools as well), thrill seekers (trolls who are thrilled with any bad news for Pitt) and depressed sad sacks on this message board.

PITT IS IT! And don’t you forget it!!!

P.S. Heather is doing a GREAT JOB….

Last edited:
Once Miami left, at the time, there was no clear cut powerhouse in the Big East and no one respected the conference so WVU could sneak up on people. They share a conference with Oklahoma and Texas now and for the time being, so they can't do that anymore. We will see what happens once Oklahoma and Texas leave.
In the case of WVU, when the spotlight got bigger, the Mountaineers withered…

With the decent amount of conference wins and the lack of national attention is that evidence of scheduling too tough OOC schedules?

With the decent amount of conference wins and the lack of national attention is that evidence of scheduling too tough OOC schedules?
Did we get attention beating New Hampshire and deleware 128 - 14? Games were online, just log on and stream it on espn8.com.

Hundreds of pitt fans were impressed. The rest of the college football world and local media and fair weather fans? Not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT