ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt (3-14) in Last 17 vs. Miami

tylersmyth

Walk-on
Jun 30, 2006
If you go back prior to 1997 it is a lot worse.

If Pitt can beat Miami (Not Holding my breathe) because they have played worse Miami teams and lost.

If they can win I will call this season a success because every year you just mark down the Miami game as an "L"

Should be interesting & you know Van Dyke will play.

Amazing Pitt seems to play their worse against Miami the majority of the time, when the Canes are down & basically not even trying against Pitt.

Plus Pitt is (0-3) in the ACCN Primetime game this year - can Duzz finally get his team ready for an 8pm game in the ACC?

I have personally witnessed many of those beat downs and my impression is different. We have often faced this team in an underachieving season for them, near the end of the season, when their original hopes and dreams are demolished. And all they are looking for at that point is one day/evening to take out their massive frustrations.

So on the contrary that they are not trying hard when they are playing us, it is the opposite: for possibly the only time of the season, they ARE trying, specifically, trying to take out an entire season of anger and primitive vitriolic rage on their remaining opponent. And what better meek pacifists than volleyball-lovin’ Pitt for such a massacre? Geez, Slovis fits that description to a T, or more accurately an I-N-T.

We actually fare better against them when they are doing fairly well, in which case they face us supremely overconfident (think of Pickett’s first start against them). This is how OTHER lesser opponents are able to beat them throughout their disappointing seasons. We simply aren’t lucky enough to get them in that state most of the time.

Sadly this is yet another of those pathetic seasons for Miami, so we can expect nearly homicidal rage from them next week. We won’t be up for the challenge, though in fairness, most other civilized humans wouldn’t be.

On the bright side, they got their "worst" out against Duke. I'm hoping they got their collapse out of the way and will perform to expectations.

What does the spread look like?
We favored or the canes.
Circa usually comes out with opening lines Sunday afternoon. I don’t usually bet but I sort of want to bet on Miami, whatever the spread may be… not that I don’t think Pitt can win, just want some kind of positive if they lose to them yet again.

I would be borderline shocked if anyone made Miami a favorite, there’s just no basis for it. I will say Pitt -3.5 off the top of my head.

I think it'll be similar to the Duke game. Lots of weird plays, someone gets more breaks and wins a close one.

Hope they flip the script but history says Pitt will have trouble running on them and their skill guys will break a few long plays. Doesn’t matter if they’re a mess. Probably like 29-13?

Miami always has better athletes and more speed than Pitt. And when two mediocre QBs are squaring off, which it usually is with these two teams, the better athletes win out.

I have personally witnessed many of those beat downs and my impression is different. We have often faced this team in an underachieving season for them, near the end of the season, when their original hopes and dreams are demolished. And all they are looking for at that point is one day/evening to take out their massive frustrations.

So on the contrary that they are not trying hard when they are playing us, it is the opposite: for possibly the only time of the season, they ARE trying, specifically, trying to take out an entire season of anger and primitive vitriolic rage on their remaining opponent. And what better meek pacifists than volleyball-lovin’ Pitt for such a massacre? Geez, Slovis fits that description to a T, or more accurately an I-N-T.

We actually fare better against them when they are doing fairly well, in which case they face us supremely overconfident (think of Pickett’s first start against them). This is how OTHER lesser opponents are able to beat them throughout their disappointing seasons. We simply aren’t lucky enough to get them in that state most of the time.

Sadly this is yet another of those pathetic seasons for Miami, so we can expect nearly homicidal rage from them next week. We won’t be up for the challenge, though in fairness, most other civilized humans wouldn’t be.
Wow…Mailing it in already?
Too bad Rege Cordic is dead and can’t play his Sunday movies for your enjoyment.
While you are watching a movie, I’ll be in warm Miami at Hard Rock.
Any team with a good or better defense always has a chance to win.
Oh…not to spoil the movie watching, but Ilsa gets on that plane with Laslo while Rick and Captain Renau start a beautiful friendship.

3-22 in last 25 games against Miami (Since the 80's)

Team has Pitt's number & it's a Primetime game at 8pm which Pitt is not prepared for nor have we looked good at all on offense.

Georgia Tech
Louisville
UNC

Betting your home on Miami will win?

3-22 in last 25 games against Miami (Since the 80's)

Team has Pitt's number & it's a Primetime game at 8pm which Pitt is not prepared for nor have we looked good at all on offense.

Georgia Tech
Louisville
UNC

Betting your home on Miami will win?

I'm usually the optimist, but Miami sure looks like a good bet, especially with the Pitt giving the points. I just have visions of them doing that simple WR screen all day and having their superior athletes turn it into 15 yard gains like they did last year.

ADVERTISEMENT