ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt -3.5

In the Pittsburgh market there are 2 dominant cable providers, Armstrong and Comcast and neither has accn!

In gomerland it is probably carried with their cable providers.

Verizon has ACCN and a lot more people in Pittsburgh seem to have that than Armstrong. Now if you’re including burbs out to New Castle and Uniontown you may be correct about Armstrong but that makes your use of “gomer” sort of ironic.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Is Pittsburgh and surrounding areas immune to streaming services?

I guess because the population of this area is so old, maybe people have such a fear of technology that they just can't bring themselves to give up their tried and true Comcast, no matter how badly they are getting screwed over?

I haven’t lived in Pittsburgh since I graduated and never missed a Pitt game other than that YSU that we lost years back. You can stream every game somewhere and for free usually

Reactions: pitt90seven
Every time I hear people complain about not having the ACCN I just scratch my head. Is Pittsburgh and surrounding areas immune to streaming services?
Exactly. YouTube TV ( Owned by Google ) or Hulu ( Owned by Disney ). Is it really that hard Yinzer?

For the bazillionth time. Get rid of cable. You wont miss anything if you stream. Actually, you end up getting more things you want to watch, then paying for a ton of stuff you don't.

The only reason to have cable is for kids
And my 8 year old easily navigates Netflix snd Disney + on our smart TVs

My kids have all graduated from cable. They rarely watch anything on there, other than some food network shows they record, shark tank, and a few other series they record. Some of that may be available to stream, never looked. Everything else is Netflix or Disney+. I'm the only one who watches cable and that's not even much anymore.

If DirecTV gives me any sh!t during my yearly price negotiation, I'll drop them without hesitation. I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for convenience, but it's not like we even use it much. Same would go for a YoutubeTV or other.

My kids have all graduated from cable. They rarely watch anything on there, other than some food network shows they record, shark tank, and a few other series they record. Some of that may be available to stream, never looked. Everything else is Netflix or Disney+. I'm the only one who watches cable and that's not even much anymore.

If DirecTV gives me any sh!t during my yearly price negotiation, I'll drop them without hesitation. I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for convenience, but it's not like we even use it much. Same would go for a YoutubeTV or other.
Same
I record pardon the interruption and Good Eats reruns - and food shows like that .
Mostly just on demand stuff

my wife will veg snd watch some trash tv at night -
That’s about it .
Hell I mostly stream stuff on Plex from our computer

ADVERTISEMENT