ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Baseball Recruiting

pittchagg

Head Coach
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2017
Looks like the team landed a pretty big commitment yesterday in JUCO outfielder Jordan Anderson.

Anderson started his career at Mississippi State and was a top 50 overall recruit coming out of high school and was drafted in the 40th round. Despite being a JUCO, he would be the highest ranked incoming recruit I can ever recall committing to Pitt.

Looks like the team landed a pretty big commitment yesterday in JUCO outfielder Jordan Anderson.

Anderson started his career at Mississippi State and was a top 50 overall recruit coming out of high school and was drafted in the 40th round. Despite being a JUCO, he would be the highest ranked incoming recruit I can ever recall committing to Pitt.
Great!! The young man from Franklin Regional decommited from VT. And is now looking around...Pitt, ups, wvu on his radar...very good catcher I'm told..his name...no kidding...Bryce Harper!!!!! HTP/Forever!!!

Reactions: W1np1tt
Great!! The young man from Franklin Regional decommited from VT. And is now looking around...Pitt, ups, wvu on his radar...very good catcher I'm told..his name...no kidding...Bryce Harper!!!!! HTP/Forever!!!
Hopefully he hits better than his namesake.

I don’t think they’re in a position to turn down any talent that wants to commit, especially if they have a solid hit tool - that said, it does look like Bell already has a similarly-ranked catcher from Lancaster committed for 2020, though it looks like the scouting report on Houser is that his defense is much more well developed than the bat at this stage.

https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx?college=1816

I don’t think they’re in a position to turn down any talent that wants to commit, especially if they have a solid hit tool - that said, it does look like Bell already has a similarly-ranked catcher from Lancaster committed for 2020, though it looks like the scouting report on Houser is that his defense is much more well developed than the bat at this stage.

https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx?college=1816
Thanks for the info....I don't know if Harper can play another position or not but looking at that commitment list..( 2 catchers) already in the fold it may be a moute point at this late cycle!! Would of liked to have another kid from the area on board....HTP/Forever!!!

Pitt hasn’t sent out a press release on the baseball recruits yet, which generally is not a good sign. I thought Bell did a good job in a short time last year as far as recruiting, and I expected more of him this year.

We got a commit yesterday from a JUCO C from Florida. Not that highly rated coming out of HS and didn’t put up big numbers in his one year at JUCO. Hit .268 and only threw out 5 of 44 base runners. But, every team needs a backup C.

Pitt hasn’t sent out a press release on the baseball recruits yet, which generally is not a good sign. I thought Bell did a good job in a short time last year as far as recruiting, and I expected more of him this year.

Baseball recruiting is so different than football and basketball. The best kids have been committed for years already. You see more freshmen and sophomores commit by far than any other sport.

Bell picked up leftovers and guys committed elsewhere that went looking around last year. Seems to be the plan this year as well.

That’s the best way to do things as well as JUCO and transfer adds until you’re able to really get your foot in the door and start recruiting high school at the level you need to to compete in the ACC

Another JUCO commitment: Ryan Culley, a freshman pitcher at Parkland JUCO in Illinois. Couldn’t find out much about him other than in one game he struck out 17 and at the end of April he was 5-2. If he played only one year there, he should have three at Pitt.

Jordano often had one or two really good pitchers but no depth on the staff. Bell seems to be trying to build a lot of depth on the pitching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT