ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt could be back in ACCG in 2023

Pitt_Boss

Freshman
Dec 15, 2008
A lot of roster comings and going to be sorted out, but looking at our schedule, the path is there. We have debated a lot about the dumb scheduling of CINCY/WVU/Notre Dame in the same year, but those are all non-con games. Our conference schedule is manageable:

Our road conference games are: Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forrest , and VT with Hartman gone from WF. Those are games we can win.

Our home conference games are: Boston College, Louisville, North Carolina, Florida St. Cunningham will be gone from LOU. If Maye leaves UNC, we have real shot to go 7-1 in conference. Not saying we will but the conference schedule is about as good as it can be with no Clemson, Miami, NC State. It's a shame Florida St decided to get good again now and couldn't have waited a couple years.

Edit - If we did go 7-1 in conference play it would probably include beating Florida State and losing to Boston College...that's the Pitt way!

QB can not be understated. This team had the players but qb play held us back. Just needed one more win and we would be in this game tonight. Bummer

What's the status of fsu's qb Travis for next yr does he have eligibility left if he does there going to be tough to beat

A lot of roster comings and going to be sorted out, but looking at our schedule, the path is there. We have debated a lot about the dumb scheduling of CINCY/WVU/Notre Dame in the same year, but those are all non-con games. Our conference schedule is manageable:

Our road conference games are: Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forrest , and VT with Hartman gone from WF. Those are games we can win.

Our home conference games are: Boston College, Louisville, North Carolina, Florida St. Cunningham will be gone from LOU. If Maye leaves UNC, we have real shot to go 7-1 in conference. Not saying we will but the conference schedule is about as good as it can be with no Clemson, Miami, NC State. It's a shame Florida St decided to get good again now and couldn't have waited a couple years.

Edit - If we did go 7-1 in conference play it would probably include beating Florida State and losing to Boston College...that's the Pitt way!

Count the injuries in the years where they play multiple P5 teams OOC verses playing one.

Reactions: FireballZ and gary2
Count the injuries in the years where they play multiple P5 teams OOC verses playing one.
2022 P5 opponents
OSU - 10
TCU - 10
Georgia - 10
Pitt - 10
But let me guess, playing 9 conference P5 opponents and 1 OOC P5 is easier than playing 8 conference P5 opponents and two OOC.
Maybe I shouldn’t include Georgia, because 1 of their OOC games was against the cupcake Georgia Tech.

QB can not be understated. This team had the players but qb play held us back. Just needed one more win and we would be in this game tonight. Bummer
Actually, Pitt was beating NC going into the 4th quarter so all it needed was to score as many points as NC in the 4th quarter (actually it could score two less points than NC) and Pitt would have been in the ACC Championship again.

Alas, that shoulda, coulda, woulda thing again.

2022 P5 opponents
OSU - 10
TCU - 10
Georgia - 10
Pitt - 10
But let me guess, playing 9 conference P5 opponents and 1 OOC P5 is easier than playing 8 conference P5 opponents and two OOC.
Maybe I shouldn’t include Georgia, because 1 of their OOC games was against the cupcake Georgia Tech.
True. but next year Pitt will play 11 P5 opponents, including a bitter rival on the road (WVU) and a Top 20 team on the road (Notre Dame). It's not like our P5 non-con games are Vandy, Northwestern, Kansas, etc.

True. but next year Pitt will play 11 P5 opponents, including a bitter rival on the road (WVU) and a Top 20 team on the road (Notre Dame). It's not like our P5 non-con games are Vandy, Northwestern, Kansas, etc.
I agree that next year’s OOC is probably a little bit tougher than what we should schedule. Two P5 opponents is not unreasonable for an ACC team.
But in the end our total SOS still will probably end up outside of the top 40 or 50.

2022 P5 opponents
OSU - 10
TCU - 10
Georgia - 10
Pitt - 10
Can you list out the number of P5 teams that played other P5 teams their first two weeks? Thanks.

You’re right, Pitt played the toughest 1st two game schedule. Can you list out the number of P5 teams that played an easier schedule than Pitt in their last 10 games.
Thanks
Just pointing out how dumb your posts constantly are. That's how I get most of my fun from this board, if you hadn't noticed.

Easier games become substantially less easy when your substantially banged up and injured, that's why you almost never see teams start the season with back-to-back P5 opponents. Especially ones from the best two conferences.

Just pointing out how dumb your posts constantly are. That's how I get most of my fun from this board, if you hadn't noticed.

Easier games become substantially less easy when you’re substantially banged up and injured, that's why you almost never see teams start the season with back-to-back P5 opponents. Especially ones from the best two conferences.
West Virginia is in the Big10?

Easier games become substantially less easy when your substantially banged up and injured, that's why you almost never see teams start the season with back-to-back P5 opponents. Especially ones from the best two conferences.
More bad news for you. It looks like we’re playing UCLA in the Sun Bowl.
Unfortunately, not an easy game or guaranteed victory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT