ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/Duke soccer.....very big game

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Pitt is 22 in the RPI. Duke is 7. I'd guesstimate that Pitt needs to finish above .500 to make the NCAAT. BC made it at 9-8-3 last year as 9/12 ACC teams got in. Its far and away the best conference.

Pitt probably has to win 4 of its next 7 (including 1st ACCT game) to get in not accounting for draws.

They should beat a terrible PSU team Tuesday meaning they need 3 more. Lets give them losses at UVa and ND. That means they pretty much have to win 3 of 4 vs Duke, Akron, VT, and ACCT 1st Round.

They can do it. I've watched the last 3 games, and if they continue to be successful in controlling the ball and keep Outcalt generally clean, they can possibly do better than that. Nothing about these last 3 big wins made the Panthers look out of place or that the wins were lucky. They just straight up played really well. I think they can sustain it. We will see though when they hit their next batch of adversity, whenever that comes.

Didn't seem to be much talent difference between Pitt and Duke which is crazy in Year 2. I would say Pitt had more of the possession but just didn't threaten Duke's back line enough. Duke was very solid defensively.

Win or lose, Vidovich has this team able to compete with anybody. If all these guys come back, this is a team that can make a deep run in the NCAAT next year.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Pitt just beat psu in ot
Outshot them like 36-5. Convincing performance even though PSU forced OT with 19 seconds left. But that's soccer.

Great atmosphere tonight. Would love to see that become a consistent thing up on the hill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT