ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans on Hilton Head Island

dave97

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2001
If anyone is visiting Hilton Head Island this week, join us at the Frosty Frog for the GA Tech Game today.

Hail to Pitt!

Dave

Reactions: BreakingPitt
If anyone is visiting Hilton Head Island this week, join us at the Frosty Frog for the GA Tech Game today.

Hail to Pitt!

Dave

There's a restaurant at Hilton Head that has Pitt and Pittsburgh stuff on the walls. Guy is originally from Pittsburgh.

I used to go to Hilton Head with my family back around 2000..... its an amazing place, little different than OC Maryland for most Pittsburgh folk.
The Poseidon statue was always cool and my mom and dad would always get me surf and turf.

Last edited:
Reactions: dave97
Didn't get in until 4pm.

Isn't the Poseiden statue in VA Beach?

The PGH bar is Giuseppe's. We ate there tonight. The bartender was wearing a WVU shirt?!?!

Reactions: dave97
No dude, the Poseidon statue is in Hilton Head, but you can still have fun tonight !!!

hail 2 Pitt !!!!!
i always ruin the old head stories. I apaologize guys. I want to listen.

Last edited:
There's a restaurant at Hilton Head that has Pitt and Pittsburgh stuff on the walls. Guy is originally from Pittsburgh.
Didn't get in until 4pm.

Isn't the Poseiden statue in VA Beach?

The PGH bar is Giuseppe's. We ate there tonight. The bartender was wearing a WVU shirt?!?!
Giuseppe’s a a cool place with atmosphere. The food is just ok.

there’s also a steakhouse just down the same road and in the opposite side. I think it’s called Nicks steak and seafood? It’s supposedly a Pittsburgh place too, but we’ve never gone there as all the reviews aren’t great.

Last edited:
Giuseppe’s a a cool place with atmosphere. The food is just ok.

there’s also a steakhouse just down the same road and in the opposite side. I think it’s called Nicks steak and seafood? It’s supposedly a Pittsburgh place too, but we’ve never gone there as all the reviews are bad.
I believe the place you are referring to is called Nick’s.

I believe the place you are referring to is called Nick’s.
Yes. I just looked on their website. It looks really nice and there are Pittsburgh jerseys, etc on the wall. We go to HHI yearly and I’d like to check it out. The problem is my wife lives and dies with Yelp and I can’t get her to try the place because she can’t get past some of the reviews. And we normally stay in Shipyard Plantation so it’s always close.

Yes. I just looked on their website. It looks really nice and there are Pittsburgh jerseys, etc on the wall. We go to HHI yearly and I’d like to check it out. The problem is my wife lives and dies with Yelp and I can’t get her to try the place because she can’t get past some of the reviews. And we normally stay in Shipyard Plantation so it’s always close.
Leave her behind and.just go youtself. 🤷‍♂️

By the way, did you see this?

Nick's Steak and Seafood - it may have improved a bit over the years, but there are at least 70 better places to eat on the island, IMO. I don't know many folks who've made a second visit.

Giuseppi's is Pittsburgh-themed, and owner is former Pittsburgher. People seem to be very polarized on the quality of the food there though. The other place to mention is Callahans Sports Bar on New Orleans Dr. Owner is WVU grad, but also a bit Steeler fan - so it's a great place for Steeler games.

That said, there are a lot of former Pittsburghers on the island, and in Bluffton area. Also, August and September always seems to be loaded with Pittsburgh vacationers on the island as well.

And... btw, IMO, The Frosty Frog is pretty underrated for its bar food. And their slushie drinks will put a serious hurting on you.

Reactions: Hilton Head Panther
No dude, the Poseidon statue is in Hilton Head, but you can still have fun tonight !!!
Guiseppi.
There is a King Neptune bronze sculpture in Shelter Cove that is a sundial.
Poseidon is a restaurant in Shelter Cove.
Nick’s and Guiseppi’s are average at best. As someone posted, there are many better choices.
Never been to Frosty Frog. Will google it.
Edit. It’s at Coligny. Don’t spend much time there. I live in Shelter Cove. Would show for a Pitt gathering though….

Last edited:
I'm missing something. Was in Va Beach for Memorial Day and saw the huge Poseidon statue. Was in HH in July... and ate at Poseidon in a previous visit.
King Neptune and Poseidon are from different folk lore, but kinda the same dude. The statue in HHI is King Neptune.

They have a new chef. He is legit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT