ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt 'fans'

GT74

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2001
New Castle
I was shocked at how many Pitt fans on here predicted 'doomsday' against Miami. The Canes had showed little to the finish of the season, and were a TD underdog at home. Yes, they were playing for bowl eligibility, but they were not the better team going into the game. I got tired of hearing of the history factor. Admittedly, Pitt has a poor history in the series, but every year is a new one, and each team has its own talent and identity. History doesn't win games. I hope that you guys didn't follow through and bet the Canes. Remember, Vegas knows best, even if they are not always right. BTW, Vegas line was 7.5 season wins, so Pitt beat that. It is good that we have optimists and pessimists on these boards. It brings for good discussion, but I am glad that I don't emphasize the negatives and flaws, and can truly enjoy the games and victories. For the trolls or pseudo Pitt fans, enjoy the winter. For the 'glass half full' fans, smile and appreciate 8 wins. For all true Pitt fans, look forward to the bowl and after that, the anticipation of good news in the off-season and next year. H2P.

GT74 Pitt was 3-22 vs Miami in the last 25 games - No matter how good of a team (Last Year) or poor of a team they have Pitt's # - Could never think it was over until we were up 35-3 then I knew we had it in the bag - Wanted to smack them in the face for all the prior year's outcomes - Hopefully a new tradition?

I was shocked at how many Pitt fans on here predicted 'doomsday' against Miami. The Canes had showed little to the finish of the season, and were a TD underdog at home. Yes, they were playing for bowl eligibility, but they were not the better team going into the game. I got tired of hearing of the history factor. Admittedly, Pitt has a poor history in the series, but every year is a new one, and each team has its own talent and identity. History doesn't win games. I hope that you guys didn't follow through and bet the Canes. Remember, Vegas knows best, even if they are not always right. BTW, Vegas line was 7.5 season wins, so Pitt beat that. It is good that we have optimists and pessimists on these boards. It brings for good discussion, but I am glad that I don't emphasize the negatives and flaws, and can truly enjoy the games and victories. For the trolls or pseudo Pitt fans, enjoy the winter. For the 'glass half full' fans, smile and appreciate 8 wins. For all true Pitt fans, look forward to the bowl and after that, the anticipation of good news in the off-season and next year. H2P.
I was surprised at how many coyote 'fans' predicted 'doomsday' when he attempted the can't fail free Acme birdseed sign ploy because he ended up falling off that cliff or being smashed with an anvil over and over again.

Were you born yesterday? Pitt had lost this game in every way imaginable. Often to Miami teams with less motivation to care. Our pessimism was warranted. To its credit, Pittplayed one of its most complete games in quite some time.

GT74 Pitt was 3-22 vs Miami in the last 25 games - No matter how good of a team (Last Year) or poor of a team they have Pitt's # - Could never think it was over until we were up 35-3 then I knew we had it in the bag - Wanted to smack them in the face for all the prior year's outcomes - Hopefully a new tradition?
Fair point about last year's loss, but the long arc of history is irrelevant: had you watched any Miami games this year? They're terrible, gave up more than 40 points 5 times. Ed Reed isn't walking through that door.

Fair point about last year's loss, but the long arc of history is irrelevant: had you watched any Miami games this year? They're terrible, gave up more than 40 points 5 times. Ed Reed isn't walking through that door.
But Mario…….yadda yadda…

This Miami team was shockingly bad. Many of the players didn't seem to care.

Fan is derived from the word fanatic. I’m sure somewhere within that definition, lack of objectivity or rationale is described. RutgersAl comes to mind. So while many of us love our panthers, we didn’t necessarily possess some of the traits of a fan. Not quite sure what that makes us. But I know it doesn’t mean we love our team any less.

Good post but the Vegas line was 8.5 wins almost everywhere. Strong finish to the year, but 9-3 would have felt a lot better with how down the ACC was this season. They are probably 10-2 pretty easily without all of the injuries.

Good post but the Vegas line was 8.5 wins almost everywhere. Strong finish to the year, but 9-3 would have felt a lot better with how down the ACC was this season. They are probably 10-2 pretty easily without all of the injuries.

my buddy texted me he won for 8 wins so at some point/some where it was 7.5.

I hate to be negative, but if we had Wofford instead of Tennessee after the WVU game, this is a 10-2 season at least. Slovis doesn't get hurt, gets more confidence, and trounce GaTech. I'll shout on this mountain forever, Heather is crushing the program by not being proactive on the scheduling.

I believe the 7.5 had to be a rogue number a poster found somewhere and took advantage of right before it moved. I would even speculate it was incorrect as these guys are putting up all these numbers at the same time and mistakes do happen.

There’s pretty much zero chance any reputable book would put up a 7.5 and move it to 8.5, they move the juice on these for the most part not the number. Obviously the worst thing for the book is to get middled, which they would have on this occasion. FTR every book I saw in Vegas had Pitt at 8.5, most slightly shaded to the over.

I believe the 7.5 had to be a rogue number a poster found somewhere and took advantage of right before it moved. I would even speculate it was incorrect as these guys are putting up all these numbers at the same time and mistakes do happen.

There’s pretty much zero chance any reputable book would put up a 7.5 and move it to 8.5, they move the juice on these for the most part not the number. Obviously the worst thing for the book is to get middled, which they would have on this occasion. FTR every book I saw in Vegas had Pitt at 8.5, most slightly shaded to the over.

Fan Duel had it at 7.5 for awhile and right after WVU it dropped from -190 to -125 and my buddy jumped on that. I think a little after that it went up to 8.5

Were you born yesterday? Pitt had lost this game in every way imaginable. Often to Miami teams with less motivation to care. Our pessimism was warranted. To its credit, Pittplayed one of its most complete games in quite some time.
Yeah, I’ll acknowledge I’m on the pessimist (aka, unretarded) side as a Pitt fan and bad seasons, as this one definitely was up to November, bring us out.

Likewise, surprising wins like last nights bring out the sycophants and crotchslurps. It takes both to make a fanbase. One keeps the other honest over time.

GT and the others like them deserve their fun. I said after UNC that nothing less than running the table would salvage this disaster (as it definitely had become at that time). By gum, they went out and did it, and I’m genuinely impressed by that. Good on the team, the staff, and good on the fans that kept the faith (if not sanity).

Reactions: dkgries19
my buddy texted me he won for 8 wins so at some point/some where it was 7.5.

I hate to be negative, but if we had Wofford instead of Tennessee after the WVU game, this is a 10-2 season at least. Slovis doesn't get hurt, gets more confidence, and trounce GaTech. I'll shout on this mountain forever, Heather is crushing the program by not being proactive on the scheduling.
Our strength of schedule was 64th according to Colley, 62nd in Sagarin (only one game against his top 30 teams), and 55th in S&P+. These numbers put us as one of the easiest schedules in the entire power 5. The Tennessee game was the only reason it wasn't a joke schedule.

Anyway, we weren't going to cancel the Tennessee game! We got a home and home with an SEC team, that's a rare win for a program that has such lousy donors that it has to schedule Western Michigan on the road. And beating them last year was a defining moment in a special year; Wofford would not be.

All that said, next year's schedule will be a problem. Lyke wasn't the one who scheduled Cincinnati though. Mostly looking forward it'll roughly fit our budget/revenue level I bet (roughly 45th in the country; to Narduzzi's credit we usually finish a little better than that with wins.)

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Don't know where wins was 8.5, but I had 7.5 on Fanduel, and 2 friends also had 7.5. We called each other when game was in hand to 'celebrate' the season win bets.

Don't know where wins was 8.5, but I had 7.5 on Fanduel, and 2 friends also had 7.5. We called each other when game was in hand to 'celebrate' the season win bets.
This is why I wish I had easy access to these books, DraftKings and FanDuel are like candy stores in a lot of ways, at least until they either boot or severely limit you. Unfortunately they are not available in Nevada.

FTR every book I saw in Nevada had 8.5 for Pitt at open and close, the number moved very little. For anyone that ever has access to middles like that (7.5/8.5) they are absolute no brainers to bet both sides as long as the juice isn’t more than around -125 or so both ways.

This is why I wish I had easy access to these books, DraftKings and FanDuel are like candy stores in a lot of ways, at least until they either boot or severely limit you. Unfortunately they are not available in Nevada.

FTR every book I saw in Nevada had 8.5 for Pitt at open and close, the number moved very little. For anyone that ever has access to middles like that (7.5/8.5) they are absolute no brainers to bet both sides as long as the juice isn’t more than around -125 or so both ways.
FoxBet had Pitt at 7.5 win total (-167). That’s a fact because I’m cashing in. 🙂

Our strength of schedule was 64th according to Colley, 62nd in Sagarin (only one game against his top 30 teams), and 55th in S&P+. These numbers put us as one of the easiest schedules in the entire power 5. The Tennessee game was the only reason it wasn't a joke schedule.

Anyway, we weren't going to cancel the Tennessee game! We got a home and home with an SEC team, that's a rare win for a program that has such lousy donors that it has to schedule Western Michigan on the road. And beating them last year was a defining moment in a special year; Wofford would not be.

All that said, next year's schedule will be a problem. Lyke wasn't the one who scheduled Cincinnati though. Mostly looking forward it'll roughly fit our budget/revenue level I bet (roughly 45th in the country; to Narduzzi's credit we usually finish a little better than that with wins.)
I never see tough schedules as problems, I see them as reasons to buy tickets and tune in to away games. They should not be discouraged, but rather a challenge to somnambulant coaches and AD to up their games. I’ll never rip a team for fighting hard but then ultimately losing a game like TN, but WMU (or GT, though that one is not an option); those kind of losses are entirely other matters. That said.. indeed the OOC will be a challenge for sure.

Fan Duel is on your phone, what do you mean easy access? How much easier than that?

I watched Miami this year hence my posts

We should have beat them last year and 2019 as well

Hopefully this series has taken a new direction
These things can be flipped like a light switch. Need proof? Ohio State is now wondering what they need to do to beat Michigan. After 20 years of being dominated, Michigan turned the tables on The OSU.

Even at 8-5, this is Pitt’s best 2 year run since ‘08-09 (19-7 then vs 19-8 now). With a bowl win it’s Pitt’s best two years since the early ‘80’s. Think positively. Pitt beat WVU (it’s biggest rival??). Pitt almost beat (and probably should have beaten) the CFP 7th ranked team. Pitt finished on a 4-0 run (including a thumping of Miami in Miami). These are all positives to take away from this season. Why dwell on a couple of bad outings?

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT