ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt football appreciation post

valawpanther

Walk-on
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2008
Kenny Pickett:

Great competitor. Even when he is not having his best game, his will to win always gives us a chance.

Coach Marion:

He is the first coach celebrating touchdowns and first downs with the players, the receivers are not dropping passes, commentators routinely comment on the route running of the WRs, receivers are making contested catches and he seems actively involved in the game (always around the ball, Narduzzi, or coaching in between series). I hope he stays for a while. He seems like a student of the game and I am sure he has learned a lot this year from Coach Whipple’s pro-style passing concepts. I also think he can be an excellent recruiter. I like the kids he has been involved with so far.

Depth:

Izzy, Davis, and Hammond give the RB group great depth. It is great to have a veteran RB in Sibley as the 4th string option. Carter brings a different dimension to the group and his block was key on the last touchdown. Last year’s starter entered the portal and there was little cause for concern.

O-line depth was tested and the backups looked good. I am hoping that a few will opt in for a super senior season next year.

WR depth is being tested with Mack out for the season but others have stepped up. It was great to see Tipton get a catch and contribute yesterday. Hoping to get even more production from the younger WR in the next few games.

D-line rotation is able to keep guys fresh.

Duzz and Heather:

Both seem to be doing everything they can to build a home field advantage. I appreciate the shout out to the students and making the shared field look like a Pitt field with the panther head.

Reactions: Mark_77 and pittjas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News