ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/GaTech Game Thread

Just bad execution bad play calling bad coaching they need to question everything about what they are doing

Really? Defense sucks and can't get a stop. Offense could be stopped by blind and crippled senior citizens. Coaching is non-existent. Honestly this year's team is like a Hackett squad.

They can't tackle. They can't block. They don't execute on either side of the ball.

Watch Watson call jet sweeps to the short side and 1 yard passes to run out the clock.
Defense got 7 stops today out of 12 drives.

Reactions: persp
Game over. Just turned this crap off. Can't stand it anymore. We turn them over 4 times and don't even get a first down! If I see Pitt throw one more 5 yard dump off on 3rd and long I will puke. Watson's offense truly sucks. That said, our execution is terrible. O-line is horrible. Can't run block OR protect. Here's another note Watson, Ollison does not have the speed to get to the corner so stop running him wide. BTW - none of our RB's has looked good, so where is AJ Davis? Did we really burn his redshirt for 4 plays against YSU? If so, Narduzzi is a moron.

Defensively, it was another crap performance. They ran for over 400 yards and hardly threw the ball at all. So much for Narduzzi's "stop the run" scheme. Our D line got manhandled...very little penetration to distrupt their offense. LB's got crushed. Brightwell may be an OK LB but he is NOT a good MLB. Can't get off blocks at all.

This team is in serious trouble. Let the excuses begin.

Cruzer

The recruits coming in, let's just say, won't change a damn thing, if you compare ACC rankings , who we compete against. That's what makes this so hard, we can't even point to this star class coming in. Hope this coffee getter at Ohio St is ready to earn her keep

How fitting...game ends on yet another check down, with ZERO chance of getting the first down. I'd much rather have seen an INT on a deep ball.

"Defense has played well enough to win."

Funniest post of the day.
Stopped 7 of 12 GT drives.

Gave the ball to the offense at midfield or better 3 times.

Last year's offense wins this game with the defensive performance.

Now that is some seriously bad game situation recognition right there. It's fourth down. You have to throw the ball down field even if no one is open. You can't throw the check down that has no chance of getting a first down.

Reactions: President Stache
Okay goddamn it. MacVittie, Pickett, or scrap the whole f'in offense and let Q Henderson play option QB the rest of the year. This is brutally embarrassing.

423 yards rushing given up. Pure pain. Every OC in the country is licking their chops knowing they are going against Pat Narduzzi.

I'm sure in the press conference, when asked about the game, Narduzzi will probably mention about needing to watch the tape, instead of actually answering the question.

Gt has 4 turnovers and we are still down 11. Terrible.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Call me a bad fan or whatever you want but I'm not wasting one more Saturday driving 4 hours one way to watch this pathetic crap. My season tickets will be given to whoever wants them but no one in my family does I know that I'm the only one dumb enough to buy them. I hope they have 5000 folks for next weeks game. The whole thing needs blown up. 4th and 12 and throw a 5 yard pass give me a break.

Reactions: PPanthers1
423 yards rushing given up. Pure pain. Every OC in the country is licking their chops knowing they are going against Pat Narduzzi.

I'm sure in the press conference, when asked about the game, Narduzzi will probably mention about needing to watch the tape, instead of actually answering the question.

He better have it fixed by the end of 18, or he will be back as a DC somewhere

GT had nearly 600 yards rushing against Tennessee and lost.

Why?

Because Tennessee's offense isnt pathetic like ours.

Defense was good enough for an average offense to win.

Stopped 7 of 12 GT drives.

Gave the ball to the offense at midfield or better 3 times.

Last year's offense wins this game with the defensive performance.
GT had 3 unforced turnovers for the majority of those "stops". The defense is very, very bad.

Call me a bad fan or whatever you want but I'm not wasting one more Saturday driving 4 hours one way to watch this pathetic crap. My season tickets will be given to whoever wants them but no one in my family does I know that I'm the only one dumb enough to buy them. I hope they have 5000 folks for next weeks game. The whole thing needs blown up. 4th and 12 and throw a 5 yard pass give me a break.

I am in the same boat, and the only game I'm going to in person, when we play VT, it's an hour from me.

GT fumbled 4 times.
Yes... defense got 4 turnovers. Three of them at midfield or better.

That should be good enough for an average offense to win.

The problem is that we don't have even an average offense.

And it was actually thrown two yards behind the line. Terrible awareness by Browne.

Giving up 400+ yards rushing is a problem. Our D still sucks. This year both our O and D sucks. It's going to be a long year.

Yes... defense got 4 turnovers. Three of them at midfield or better.

That should be good enough for an average offense to win.

The problem is that we don't have even an average offense.

Tennessee's offense isn't pathetic?

Sure about that?

Willing to give them a mulligan for today, UMass seems to play everyone close. You're right though, last week was kind of a mirage, they did nothing on offense against Florida for 3+ quarters.

Defense got 7 stops today out of 12 drives.
They haven;t stopped $hit. They're getting run over, around and through like practice pylons on nearly every snap. They have given up over 425 rushing yards and have converted 50% of their 3rd and 4th downs.

You call that stopping them?

Now GT has stopped itself a few times with sloppy turnovers, but our D hasn;t done jack $hit.

After thhenYSU game I said that this team will be just like the 98 2-9 team.

Looks like they will be the 2-10 team.

3rd and 6, check down to Ollison. 3-9 will decimate any progress this program may have made in the 2 years. Think Pitt was having difficulty recruiting the past couple years? Wait til the next 2 years.

Really? Defense sucks and can't get a stop. Offense could be stopped by blind and crippled senior citizens. Coaching is non-existent. Honestly this year's team is like a Hackett squad.

They can't tackle. They can't block. They don't execute on either side of the ball.

Watch Watson call jet sweeps to the short side and 1 yard passes to run out the clock.

Not sure how you can say this...

We stopped them more times than we didnt. And this is from a much-maligned squad.

They look to be improving, perhaps merely due to Whitehead being out there. We are stripping the ball, and pursuing well.

Not sure how you can say this...

We stopped them more times than we didnt. And this is from a much-maligned squad.

They look to be improving, perhaps merely due to Whitehead being out there. We are stripping the ball, and pursuing well.
He probably watched the game. We stripped the ball once. They got abused all day.

ADVERTISEMENT