ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Gets Meaningless Verbal from 2024 4 Star WR

Because a non binding verbal commitment 12 months prior to LOI day is about as reliable as a car warranty from a telemarketer.

Anyone that has followed recruiting will wait til at least the same calendar year before celebrating this victory.

Its a thread about the verbal commitment. You cant have a signed commitment now. I mean, is this even a debate? "celebrating the victory"? Who is doing this? People are happy we landed the verbal commitment of 2 4 star recruits. Pretty good for Pitt so far, again, how is that a bad thing? Would you rather have 2 2 star recruits? It is an absolute asinine take.

Maybe you can celebrate when a 4 star commits elsewhere early, cause according to you we still have the same amount of chance of landing the kid later?

Reactions: JokePa
Its a thread about the verbal commitment. You cant have a signed commitment now. I mean, is this even a debate? "celebrating the victory"? Who is doing this? People are happy we landed the verbal commitment of 2 4 star recruits. Pretty good for Pitt so far, again, how is that a bad thing? Would you rather have 2 2 star recruits? It is an absolute asinine take.

Maybe you can celebrate when a 4 star commits elsewhere early, cause according to you we still have the same amount of chance of landing the kid later?
we are all happy, some more so than others. it's not a bad thing, at all. some people are just gonna wait a bit before rejoicing. not a hard concept to grasp.

Not one poster is upset about this, not one. no one is mad that we are leading for a 4 star WR, that poster literally does not exist. you guys are complaining about people that dont exist.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
we are all happy, some more so than others. it's not a bad thing, at all. some people are just gonna wait a bit before rejoicing. not a hard concept to grasp.

Not one poster is upset about this, not one. no one is mad that we are leading for a 4 star WR, that poster literally does not exist. you guys are complaining about people that dont exist.

You keep saying rejoicing. I am literally talking about the negativity. If you cant see the difference between rejoicing and being negative, then, hell, maybe you are a yinzer after all

Reactions: JokePa
Sure we did, we got the verbal commitment. That is what the entire thread is about. Maybe read it first before making weird rebuttals?

And hard to understand? That is exactly what I am asking. A kid commits to Pitt, and a post is made about it on the Pitt Recruiting website. What is hard to understand about that? Holy crap. The false mindset, I would add, is you assuming a verbal commitment means we dont land him.
There’s a segment of this fanbase that will always be negative no matter what. Everyone understands that a verbal now doesn’t guarantee anything, but having positive momentum and positive publicity is a good thing for the program.

Because a non binding verbal commitment 12 months prior to LOI day is about as reliable as a car warranty from a telemarketer.

posters are upset that other posters arent celebrating a recruiting victory 12 months before it's confirmed is so ridiculous to me..
Everyone is aware that LOI day is a year away. But this is 100% a positive thing. There’s nothing negative about securing a verbal commitment from s coveted recruit. Don’t be such a try hard. Or simply stop reading posts about recruits who haven’t signed LOIs. Simple!

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Everyone is aware that LOI day is a year away. But this is 100% a positive thing.
im rejoicing in the streets my friend, you and stache come and join me, we got chicks and guns and firetrucks, we just need you two and it will be complete.

Reactions: Ski11585

He will immediately be downgraded to a 3-Star recruit....
Pitt didn't "land" anyone.

In the age of NIL, there is no such thing as a commit until they sign on the dotted line.

Pitt didn't "land" anyone.

In the age of NIL, there is no such thing as a commit until they sign on the dotted line.
Yea I imagine these commitments are being used for leverage in negotiations. Not suggesting anything in this particular case - I have zero clue. But I’m sure it’s another wrinkle in recruiting.

There’s a segment of this fanbase that will always be negative no matter what. Everyone understands that a verbal now doesn’t guarantee anything, but having positive momentum and positive publicity is a good thing for the program.
There is no right or wrong here. It is unquestionably good news and positive momentum for the program. However, as you note, it guarantees you nothing. Where is Kenny Minchey? He was committed for quite a while. I don't think someone who is questioning whether the commitment will lead to a signing or not is necessarily a negative person. I would say he is a realist. We don't get many four star commitments from Florida kids. Especially top 200 rated players. Hopefully coach Underwood can hold onto this young man, it would be a great get. That said, if you are not the least bit dubious that he may sign elsewhere, you are quite an optimist.

A signed LOI doesn't mean much anymore. A verbal commitment is positive news, I would hope people would take the positive and enjoy it.

im rejoicing in the streets my friend, you and stache come and join me, we got chicks and guns and firetrucks, we just need you two and it will be complete.
I’ll join you. That sounds like fun.

But let’s not allow the chicks to drive the firetrucks. Or shoot any guns unless they’re supervised.

😀🤦🏻🙀

No Verbal’s allowed…
images

Signatures only….

I changed the original title of thread to satisfy the negative, the depressed and the skeptical posters who would rather receive no commitment because it doesn’t count…

Of course they’ll be the first to complain and worry when we receive no commitments…..
You are right. These same people would be complaining if we didn’t have any verbals or they weren’t rated as 4 stars.

Reactions: pittmeister
You are right. These same people would be complaining if we didn’t have any verbals or they weren’t rated as 4 stars.
Yup…. It’s better to have a commitment a year from LOI than to not have one at all. But then again, that is a positive view on the situation…

Pitt and FSU are the only schools that have two 4 Star commitments in the ACC for the 2024 class. Is that a reason to be confident and happy? Hell no..

GT has a 4 Star commit for 2024, and they’re happy! Not here… No way….

Last edited:
Yup…. It’s better to have a commitment a year from LOI than to not have one at all. But then again, that is a positive view on the situation…

Pitt and FSU are the only schools that have two 4 Star commitments in the ACC for the 2024 class. Is that a reason to be confident and happy? Hell no..

GT has a 4 Star commit for 2024, and they’re happy! Not here… No way….
the best time to receive a verbal commitment is in june. dont ask me why but everyone knows that June is recrootin month..

the best time to receive a verbal commitment is in june. dont ask me why but everyone knows that June is recrootin month..
I don’t disagree. But it.’s better to have a commitment than not having one. Should we do a dance in the street to celebrate? No, but it’s still a positive. When highly rated kids are considering Pitt and see they already have two 4 star commits, it might sway them to join as well…

I don’t disagree. But it.’s better to have a commitment than not having one. Should we do a dance in the street to celebrate? No, but it’s still a positive. When highly rated kids are considering Pitt and see they already have two 4 star commits, it might sway them to join as well…
Don’t you always make excuses and say we shouldn’t expect 4 stars at a dump like Pitt? I on the other hand feel a great recruiter would pull 4 to 6 a class at Pitt , Duzz no chance in hell before or after Nil

Don’t you always make excuses and say we shouldn’t expect 4 stars at a dump like Pitt? I on the other hand feel a great recruiter would pull 4 to 6 a class at Pitt , Duzz no chance in hell before or after Nil
You got me mixed up with someone else, you sawed off troll! I predicted that Pitt would pull in eight 4 star players in the 2023 class. Needless to say that didn’t happen. You and the rest of your aliases can bite me!

• Love
Reactions: FireballZ
Hopefully coach Underwood can hold onto this young man
Which brings up another thing. I have not see enough good stuff from the WR's this year. Wayne did a real nice job but to me that's about it. So if this guy can't recruit, this time next year Pitt will need to bring in a new position coach.

I think recent years have conditioned us to not trust these early verbals from highly rated FL kids. Most seem to use us as a placeholder and now NIL they’ll jump at the first bag like Pollock

I’m rejoicing.

Who the heck wouldn’t love a 4 star receiver verbelling here? It’s great for the program, it certainly would help land a good QB as well and we are in on far more 4 star guys than before

I think recent years have conditioned us to not trust these early verbals from highly rated FL kids. Most seem to use us as a placeholder and now NIL they’ll jump at the first bag like Pollock
Sure I hear you but we got Harrison a big time talent and held off big names for him. We got Seymore & Camon as well. This staff has had more recruits from FL than any other state. We now have 5 coaches recruiting FL. Won’t keep all the kids but you have to at least be in the game.

BTW Pollock is not from FL.

Funny you mention that. Farmer actually mentioned that he wanted to reserve his spot at Pitt because he was worried about Pitt filling spots through the portal. It is just so unusual for a highly rated kid to say such things. He could be the centerpiece on which this class is built on, and we would likely take him at any point in the cycle. Maybe he is solid with us, but it all seems a bit strange to me. If he has a big senior year, you can bet teams will be throwing NIL money in his direction.

Reactions: pittmeister
I will add a slightly different wrinkle to this discussion.

The early verbal of Farmer and the big DL from DC, suggests that 2024 COULD BE Narduzzi's best class yet if the momentum keeps up.

It seems to me that this may force Pitt to "find enough NIL money" to keep the class together.

In other words, Narduzzis hopeful recruiting success will tell us quite a bit about how serious Pitt is for football.

And please......spare me the "Pitt and NIL are independent of each other" nonsense.

If Pitt is serious about staying relevant, and Narduzzi keeps swinging and connecting we will learn a great deal.

All commitments are meaningless until they sign on the dotted line!!!!!!!! Yes I know, some only stay for a year or 2 then head to the transfer portal, most of those you don’t want anyway

All commitments are meaningless until they sign on the dotted line!!!!!!!! Yes I know, some only stay for a year or 2 then head to the transfer portal, most of those you don’t want anyway
So it should not be reported when a player commits to a school? In fact the recruiting sites, should stop tracking commitments as well? Right?

The main reason most posters have subscriptions to this site is to track recruiting information. So they are wasting their money on meaningless information???

HEY CHRIS! Start looking for another job!

I merely passed on information for my fellow Pitt fans to put a smile on their faces and you and a couple of other degenerate, bipolar sad sack, midgets decide to piss all over it…

Do us happy people a favor…….STHU!!! 😀

Last edited:
So it should not be reported when a player commits to a school? In fact the recruiting sites, should stop tracking commitments as well? Right?

The main reason most posters have subscriptions to this site is to track recruiting information. So they are wasting their money on meaningless information???

HEY CHRIS! Start looking for another job!

I merely passed on information for my fellow Pitt fans to put a smile on their faces and you and a couple of other degenerate, bipolar sad sack, midgets decide to piss all over it…

Do us happy people a favor…….STHU!!!
Not at all, but after the last couple of years recruits commit and decommit like changing underwear, you treat is how ever you want, but when I get excited about a commit will be after he signs loi to Pitt

Not at all, but after the last couple of years recruits commit and decommit like changing underwear, you treat is how ever you want, but when I get excited about a commit will be after he signs loi to Pitt
“You don’t know what you’re talking about, do you?”
NCFOM.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT