ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt getting Desperate for an OT Commitment?

Pitt was 16th in rushing offense and 11th in yards per carry. 56th in yards per play (better than Texas or USC), which is a better way to look at it because of pace.

You can cherry pick stats, the reality is gray. They need better quarterback play for sure if they want to be able to score more, which is sort of the idea

Yes, your opinion is so much smarter than the stats.

Were they that bad because he OL drunk or the qb stink and wrs dropped passes ?

Stats don’t lie but dopes use stats mr numbers.

As an aside coach Dan were you not the one complaining about Pitts class rankings versus the classes the U has been getting ?

Reactions: 4upmc
Some seem too negative, but others definitely too optimistic. Objectively and soberly, we aren't killing it in recruiting. This particular case here, it looks undeniably like a Plan B, or maybe even C or D. And that's what you do, thankfully they aren't just sitting around on an empty scholarship (like, say, Kevin Stallings did).

But Plan B comes after Plan A falls through. And most of ours seem to fall through. There's no happiness in saying that (quite the contrary). But it begins to sound hollow to throw Aaron Donald up as an example all the time. That was literally one in a million.

And this was merely an offer, this guy didn't even jump on taking it (I believe)? So it's a plan C we may not even get? Then what?

At least it was heartening the other day when the Aliquippa kid got his offer, gushed on it, and took it. After he'd had a nice season, too. No doubt he was a Plan B or C too, given the lateness of the offer, but something to at least to be enthused about.

Reactions: anon_vmuicqnzlyp3u
We are doomed. Our recruiting will never allow us to win the coastal or gradually improve the program. Fire the staff

As an aside coach Dan were you not the one complaining about Pitts class rankings versus the classes the U has been getting ?

Okay. Dopes uses stats. I can think of several characterizations of people that rely on opinions and most aren't fit for this board. There are ways to evaluate OL performance but they're stat based so I guess we can just stop there because that would be dopey.

I have been comparing Pitt's ranking but you said the difference was statistically insignificant......ARE YOU USING STATS????

Okay. Dopes uses stats. I can think of several characterizations of people that rely on opinions and most aren't fit for this board. There are ways to evaluate OL performance but they're stat based so I guess we can just stop there because that would be dopey.

I have been comparing Pitt's ranking but you said the difference was statistically insignificant......ARE YOU USING STATS????

I’m qualifying the use of stats but clearly concepts like statistical significance are beyond your comprehension

I’m qualifying the use of stats but clearly concepts like statistical significance are beyond your comprehension

As an aside I found your comments about the other OL intersting as they provide an opinion based on review of the tape

As an aside I found your comments about the other OL intersting as they provide an opinion based on review of the tape

Statistical significance was a term you threw out without any further clarification and you never provided more information when it was requested. It was a baseless claim so let's not pretend you comprehend it at all.

I found your evaluation of the QB's equally interesting but I don't know anything about QB's and I don't see anything there I'd have an opinion about. I never played the position and could never care much about how the position is played beyond the stupid crap they do to make their line look bad.

We are doomed. Our recruiting will never allow us to win the coastal or gradually improve the program. Fire the staff

Now you’re catching on! That and every team that finishes behind Pitt in the recruiting rankings need to be fired as well...

They are either:

1. Not trying hard enough or....

2. They are comfortable with mediocrity....

Miami has lots of talent except for one key spot...QB. The QB play has really hurt them.

Is this a repost from you mid season after the psu, ucf, and Unc debacles?

I know you’ve gone super fan mode on your schizophrenia-
But let’s recall we got curb stomped by every quality and talented team we faced last season
7-6 in year 4 isn’t exactly a reason to blindly trust the coaches recruiting selection.

Reactions: anon_vmuicqnzlyp3u

But let’s recall we got curb stomped by every quality and talented team we faced last season
7-6 in year 4 isn’t exactly a reason to blindly trust the coaches recruiting selection.

The results of their talent evaluation had be a sub 0.500 record combined in years 3 and 4.

we got curb stomped by every quality and talented team we faced last season.

You are not quite accurate as usual. So the victory over #17 Cuse does not count? And a close loss to #3 ND. They did not take the lead til they got a TD with less than 6 min to go in the game. So according to you this is getting curb stomped?

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

Ok mr consistency. Is this the souf whose says “ good coaches coaches Coach em up regardless of talent “ or the one defending Tomlin for a lack of talent

Is the the souf who said it’s easy to find good coaches or the one who cautions Firing Tomlin because you don’t know what the replacement might bring.

I see you are now into star ratings as well.

You are not quite accurate as usual. So the victory over #17 Cuse does not count? And a close loss to #3 ND. They did not take the lead til they got a TD with less than 6 min to go in the game. So according to you this is getting curb stomped?
Cuse isn’t a talented or quality team.
We played nd well defensively and they played below par .
But we scored 1 offensive td that game

Ok mr consistency. Is this the souf whose says “ good coaches coaches Coach em up regardless of talent “ or the one defending Tomlin for a lack of talent

Is the the souf who said it’s easy to find good coaches or the one who cautions Firing Tomlin because you don’t know what the replacement might bring.

I see you are now into star ratings as well.
Tomlin is the coach
The gm has a job to accrue talent

In college the hc is responsible for both recruiting and developing talent .
They wear both hats.

Nfl coaches don’t .

Hope that obvious fact is clarified for you

I’m judging recruiting on the results
We are 12-13 over the last two seasons

So are we accruing and developing enough talent??

Last edited:
Cuse isn’t a talented or quality team.
We played nd well defensively and they played below par .
But we scored 1 offensive td that game

Does not fit the narrative you were trying to present. You stated we got “Curb stomped” by every quality & talented team we faced.

So of course a beating a top 20 team does not count as a quality win. Typical move the goal post. Fine NP we dont have to count that lol.

But explain how ND “curb stomped” us again? They count as a quality and talented team right?

Does not fit the narrative you were trying to present. You stated we got “Curb stomped” by every quality & talented team we faced.

So of course a beating a top 20 team does not count as a quality win. Typical move the goal post. Fine NP we dont have to count that lol.

But explain how ND “curb stomped” us again? They count as a quality and talented team right?

Well know it all Souf let’s hear an answer wise guy...

So that’s how you say you are wrong haha.

Yes we sure got “CURB STOMPED” by ND. What a clown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT