ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt has played 42 games under Narduzzi

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Pitt has given up 28+ puts in 20 of them. Throw out the Albany and Nova games.

We give up 28+ points half the time. That is with a defensive head coach. There is your problem, and it is not getting better even though Narduzzi is now playing his players and his system has been in place. Changing defensive assistants has not seemed to help either.

Anyone who watched Cal/UNC would have defended UNC much better. Cal shut down that bubble screen or whatever you want to call it and UNC had to look for something else

Honestly 28 points should be the average for most teams and should get you wins in college football...what's his actual average gary?

I might spend the afternoon crunching some narduzzi numbers...

Honestly 28 points should be the average for most teams and should get you wins in college football...what's his actual average gary?

I might spend the afternoon crunching some narduzzi numbers...

The median last year was 27.7 while the median PPG score was 27.9. Pitt has scored 28 or more points in 24 games. Their record in those games, 16-8.

He belongs in the big10. Anyone e watch the wisconsin- iowa game. Not anywhere close to what you would expect for 2 top 25 teams talent wise othere than along the lines. PN defense won't work well in the ACC not with the talent he can get and will be facing

Narduzzi still can’t defend the pass in this conference. We get absolutely murdered by anything with the slot WR in the flat by our alignment, especially in trips. Teams just beat us over the head with it.

He belongs in the big10. Anyone e watch the wisconsin- iowa game. Not anywhere close to what you would expect for 2 top 25 teams talent wise othere than along the lines. PN defense won't work well in the ACC not with the talent he can get and will be facing

His half ass defensive scheme wouldn't work in the Big Ten either. He would get smoked by PSU, OSU, Michigan, and probably 1 or 2 others.

Pitt has given up 28+ puts in 20 of them. Throw out the Albany and Nova games.

We give up 28+ points half the time. That is with a defensive head coach. There is your problem, and it is not getting better even though Narduzzi is now playing his players and his system has been in place. Changing defensive assistants has not seemed to help either.

Anyone who watched Cal/UNC would have defended UNC much better. Cal shut down that bubble screen or whatever you want to call it and UNC had to look for something else

This pissed me off more than anything. UNC kept throwing that swing pass and quick throw to the WR at the line of scrimage with the same result, 10-15 yards. No adjustment, they made hay all day doing this. Several times on a 3rd and long, all it took was a little flare pass to the halfback and bingo, 15 yards and 1st down.

Reactions: gary2
This pissed me off more than anything. UNC kept throwing that swing pass and quick throw to the WR at the line of scrimage with the same result, 10-15 yards. No adjustment, they made hay all day doing this. Several times on a 3rd and long, all it took was a little flare pass to the halfback and bingo, 15 yards and 1st down.

I think DBs at MSU were able to make those plays on the WRs from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, etc. Our guys can’t make those plays in space against the WRs we see in the ACC. This scheme doesn’t seem like it can work the way it’s presently implemented.

My predictions were:

5-7 /6-6 Pessmistic forecast
6-6/7-5 Target forecast
8-4 Stretch forecast

My predictions today are:

2-10/ 3-9 Pessimistic forecast
3-9 / 4-8 Target forecast
6-6 Stretch forecast

Let me know how we get to 5 wins given the UNC performance.
Syracuse, Duke, and VIrginia are all tough wins maybe no wins.

Can we beat Wake Forest?
And if some team falls asleep maybe we get an upset?

This is one of those times when Lyke will earn her money as AD.
If you've managed anything its back to basics.
OK Mr Narduzzi:
- what was you pre season plan wins/losses, upsides/ downsides, etc.
- how are you doing against that plan/ reasons shortfalls or over plan performance
- what are you going to do to get back on track
- what's your revised plan/forecast for the year
- what do you need to accomplish your revised plan for this year
- what's your 1 - 3 & 5 yr plan for PITT football
- what do you need to accomplish these plans

The plans and what do you need questions are the most important!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT