ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Kent Observations

LaRocka2012

Scholarship
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2022
A win is a win! It definitely wasn’t pretty at times but here were my top 5 notes and observations I made during the game.

1.) QB is settled - Eli is the guy and there really is no comparison after watching today. Pitt can certainly win with Yarnell if required but this offense seems to really favor Holstein and he’s only going to get better. He made poor throws but that’s going to happen for a freshman. Highly encouraged about his future prospects @ Pitt

2.) OL Pass Pro was a bit of a concern today… Taylor was beaten routinely and there were more than a few occasions where we were beaten very clearly in 1 v 1’s. Hopefully the unit continues to gel as the season goes on and can stay healthy. ( 🙏 Jacoby)

3.) what was up with the Pitt safeties today? They seemed to really struggle on more than one occasion and were just beaten clearly a few times. They desperately need to clean that up before next week bc this team NEEDS them to cover up the weakness on the front 4

4.) It’s clear to me that Pitt is going to be VERY aggressive on defense this year. They’re going to blitz and blitz and blitz to try and cover up the struggle the front 4 is going to have. Sincere Edwards, Neal, James, etc will be solid in the future but they’re going to take their lumps early on. Let’s hope the backers get home.

5.) Bell’s schemes are awesome and truly refreshing. There were a few times today where I thought he made some highly questionable play calls, but boy does he seem to scheme receivers open everywhere. I love that he let Holstein ease into the game and really attack on the short hitches, deep curls to get into a grove. He’s going to be a huge breathe of fresh air all year

- PS “Dae Dae Reynolds” was highly pissed off the entire second half and didn’t even go around the offense. He had his helmet on the bench secluded from the team the entire second half. It’s seemingly stemming around the WCU guys getting all the reps at WR. Something is up there and it’s curious because I think he should definitely be in the rotation on the outside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.