ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt- LVille Thoughts

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
A few quick thoughts. Most knew it would be a tough game vs a ranked team. It was. We got the win and that’s most important.

-Jones was a beast!

-Bright is playing really well.

-Not having Hallet is a much bigger loss than ppl think. And of course with Mathis out for the year the secondary depth is not where we want it.

-Hamlin struggled. Nice to see him come up with the INT.

-Good to have Mack back.

-Not a surprise but the O has a long way to go.

-D came through when it counted. Pass rush still strong at the end due to our depth. I bring him up every week but Kancey is the real deal.

-Never easy with this team.

-Hope their QB is ok.

3-0!

I loved the defense game plan by the coaches. Load up the box, take away the stretch run, dare Lville to make plays downfield. It worked to almost perfection.

The DL is all kinds of dirty. Just constantly coming for you. It’s fun stuff to watch.

Great to see the kicking game get turned around.

Offense is now a 5 alarm dumpster fire and there’s no reason to think it’s going to get better. We just played BY FAR the worst FBS defense we will play all year, and the offense needed the defense to set it up to do anything.

DBs were beat a little too much today. Lville had WRs open all game, their QB just couldnt’ hit them. And people are going to say it’s because of the pressure, but it wasn’t. I get that they have very good guys out there, so it’s going to happen. But at the same time, that’s suppose to be the scheme. I don‘t like seeing the QB need to bail us out so often.

Piggybacking off of that, this is probably the worst QB’ed game we will see all year in terms of QB pocket presence. Both these QBs ran themselves into pressure because they are so scared of stepping up in the pocket. It was ugly football to watch If you enjoy offensive execution.

Reactions: gopitt1976
defense is the real deal. Said it last week but duz has recruit depth on the DL than is similar to Clemson’s in that they have had guys on the three deep who could start for a lot of teams. We are also seeing depth at LB for the first time

the d should be good for a while as the income class appears to be good

not sold in KP and whipple Duzz has a tough decision at the end of the year. Continuity over potential improvement

I think Beville will be a far better qb than KP.

defense is the real deal. Said it last week but duz has recruit depth on the DL than is similar to Clemson’s in that they have had guys on the three deep who could start for a lot of teams. We are also seeing depth at LB for the first time

the d should be good for a while as the income class appears to be good

not sold in KP and whipple Duzz has a tough decision at the end of the year. Continuity over potential improvement

I think Beville will be a far better qb than KP.

If Narduzzi has to fire the OC after two horrible seasons, having just hired him because he had to fire his last OC hire after two horrible seasons, and the difficult decision needs to be about Narduzzi, not Whipple.

Something else I thought was of interest that I guarantee a Lville message board is probably going crazy over right now, is how they kept running the stretch on first down.

We ate it up. Sold out to stop it. And yet, they kept with it. They essentially started every series of downs in 2nd and long, the entire game.

I didn’t know if their OC just lost faith in the QB or what.

I loved the defense game plan by the coaches. Load up the box, take away the stretch run, dare Lville to make plays downfield. It worked to almost perfection.

The DL is all kinds of dirty. Just constantly coming for you. It’s fun stuff to watch.

Great to see the kicking game get turned around.

Offense is now a 5 alarm dumpster fire and there’s no reason to think it’s going to get better. We just played BY FAR the worst FBS defense we will play all year, and the offense needed the defense to set it up to do anything.

DBs were beat a little too much today. Lville had WRs open all game, their QB just couldnt’ hit them. And people are going to say it’s because of the pressure, but it wasn’t. I get that they have very good guys out there, so it’s going to happen. But at the same time, that’s suppose to be the scheme. I don‘t like seeing the QB need to bail us out so often.

Piggybacking off of that, this is probably the worst QB’ed game we will see all year in terms of QB pocket presence. Both these QBs ran themselves into pressure because they are so scared of stepping up in the pocket. It was ugly football to watch If you enjoy offensive execution.

Why are you expecting the kind of execution one sees from the better NFL teams?

I think you are being hypercritical.

I didn’t know if their OC just lost faith in the QB or what.

Their QB looked shell shocked to me early in the game from the relentless pressure. Not sure he ever recovered. Fantastic effort by the D and great game plan by coach Bates (he doesn't get enough credit).

KP still hasn't learned to step up in the pocket. If he hasn't learned by now, I guess he never will. I was glad he took off and ran more this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT