ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - LVille Thoughts

4upmc

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
Tied at the half despite 3 first half turnovers…you have to make a QB change. Horrible decision by PN/OC to not make a change. Slovis is awful. I don’t care what he did early in the year as he is not the same QB after the Tenn hit. He is slow to make any decisions, doesn’t see the field, throws the ball up for grabs and plays scared.

For those who say Yarnell can’t do better…no way you can think that after tonight.

What was Houy doing on the last turnover? Taylor is better than Matt or Houy, he should get all the snaps at LT.

I really thought the Louisville receiver was out of bounds, the announcer said he was.

We couldn’t block 22 or 6.

On the Izzy 36 yard run, I just knew if he didn’t take it to the house it would be damn hard for this O to score.

Those 3 first half turnovers killed us 2 from Slovis & 1 from Hammond. We had a chance to get TD’s and were moving the ball well. We had more yards for the game but you can’t win when you don’t protect the ball & have terrible QB play.

Our D did their part most of the game.

Start Yarnell next game to get ready for next year.

Tied at the half despite 3 first half turnovers…you have to make a QB change. Horrible decision by PN/OC to not make a change. Slovis is awful. I don’t care what he did early in the year as he is not the same QB after the Tenn hit. He is slow to make any decisions, doesn’t see the field, throws the ball up for grabs and plays scared.

For those who say Yarnell can’t do better…no way you can think that after tonight.

What was Houy doing on the last turnover? Taylor is better than Matt or Houy, he should get all the snaps at LT.

I really thought the Louisville receiver was out of bounds, the announcer said he was.

On the Izzy 36 yard run, I just knew if he didn’t take it to the house it would be damn hard for this O to score.

Those 3 first half turnovers killed us 2 from Slovis & 1 from Hammond. We had a chance to get TD’s and were moving the ball well. We had more yards for the game but you can’t win when you don’t protect the ball & have terrible QB play.

Totally agree. The season is shot and considering the preseason hype it’s a real disaster. Maybe it’s time to start Yarnell, milk out a couple wins, and let guys transfer out. What a sad year. 2010 disappointment level.

Totally agree. The season is shot and considering the preseason hype it’s a real disaster. Maybe it’s time to start Yarnell, milk out a couple wins, and let guys transfer out. What a sad year. 2010 disappointment level.

This is Narduzzi's 2010, or 2003. The thing though is he won a championship whereas the other average twins didn't win bumpus. So he gets a little more slack.

The receiver was well out of bounds, but I didn't even care. Not beating Louisville by multiple scores might as well have been losing anyway. Them and GT were ready to call it a season, but Pat Frankenstein resurrected both from the dead.

This is Narduzzi's 2010, or 2003. The thing though is he won a championship whereas the other average twins didn't win bumpus. So he gets a little more slack.
I like so much about Narduzzi. Dislike some things, like every coach. But overall I am very glad he’s there. But…this sh1t of retrenching the offense back to the Stone Age after having a year of good offense, is utterly moronic. It would be moronic any year, but especially in 2022, when offense is king. It’s shockingly imbecilic that he would repeat the disaster that 2017 was, but he absolutely has.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
After today‘s fiasco I will regard Pitt as I do the Pirates. A comical diversion, nothing worth investing in emotionally. The endless string of pratfalls has taken me to the breaking point. Pitt plays gutless, dumb and small. Izzy’s big game was an aberration like the 2021 season. Well at least we win in the sports nobody cares about.

I cannot believe that coming out of a bad week that this was the best scheme that Cignetti could come up with to get his passIng game going. I have to put this on Kedon Slovis. I called Kenny picket garbage for the first three years of his career and now I’m gonna call Kedon Slovis garbage too. But even with Kenny I could tell that he could kind of see the field He just wasn’t trusting what he saw to anticipate throws yet. He didn’t really develop that until his fourth year and then he had a outstanding fifth year. Kedon Slovis is just not anticipating throws at all. So they really might need to make a change at quarterback and play Patti or Yarnell. I’m shocked that we didn’t see either of them in this game

After today‘s fiasco I will regard Pitt as I do the Pirates. A comical diversion, nothing worth investing in emotionally. The endless string of pratfalls has taken me to the breaking point. Pitt plays gutless, dumb and small. Izzy’s big game was an aberration like the 2021 season. Well at least we win in the sports nobody cares about.
I think you and I have a similar love of college football but why care from here on out? The season is shot and considering the big preseason hype does anyone care now? It’s so different when there minimal expectations and you win 9-10; this is awful. Onto basketball season? Ha

After 40+ years of this same crap, and this program is crap, the coaching staff is crap, year after year of this same crap, I'm tired of this crap, I also now have no desire to fulfill the remaining games of my season tickets and darkening the gates at what ever the name of this stadium is, and a real good possibility of not renewing my season tickets, I don't need the aggravation, this offense is offensive and pathetic

Last edited:
I think you and I have a similar love of college football but why care from here on out? The season is shot and considering the big preseason hype does anyone care now? It’s so different when there minimal expectations and you win 9-10; this is awful. Onto basketball season? Ha
Onto Penguin season. They are old sad doomed to be muscled out come playoff time, but at least some talent still creaks within their ancient bones.

But yeah, this season is yet another waste of time. Even if they scrape out 2 more wins and some crap 4th tier bowl bid. It’s already a massive disappointment, and can’t be salvaged.

Onto Penguin season. They are old sad doomed to be muscled out come playoff time, but at least some talent still creaks within their ancient bones.

But yeah, this season is yet another waste of time. Even if they scrape out 2 more wins and some crap 4th tier bowl bid. It’s already a massive disappointment, and can’t be salvaged.
The Penguins are at least fun to watch. I haven't been entertained by a Pitt game since week 2 of the season. It's horrible offensive football. It's like watching HS JV football, but your kid isn't playing.

The thing that is frustrating me is that this team is a veteran team. The secondary has blown coverage, the OL isn't in sink. It would be expected next season when so many young guys start

The thing that is frustrating me is that this team is a veteran team. The secondary has blown coverage, the OL isn't in sink. It would be expected next season when so many young guys start
Young guys need to play now. They can't be worse on offense.

Good and reasonable summary. Only change I'd make is if Patti is better, I'd rather go with him at first than Yarnell.

Are you talking about the Georgia Tech game or the Louisville game?

Nevermind - 8PM Primetime - We know how to showcase our program

I wonder what will happen next week at 8PM in North Carolina?

At least moving forward no more Primetime games for this group!

Are you talking about the Georgia Tech game or the Louisville game?

Nevermind - 8PM Primetime - We know how to showcase our program

I wonder what will happen next week at 8PM in North Carolina?

At least moving forward no more Primetime games for this group!

We will play them close as we always play opponents close then lose at the end.

Izzy should have scored with an even average block by the receiver.

That non overturn of the out of bounds catch ended the game. No idea why they didnt overturn it, even the Louisville fans around us said you can clearly see half his foot out of bounds.

Great catch though, just not in bounds.

The receiver that caught that ball was 100% in bounds. There are pictures all over Louisville Twitter accounts that clearly show it. @gocards has the best picture, if you want to check it out yourself. Tough break for you guys. You had a bad game, and we had the best of our season. It happens. Congrats on the volleyball win today.

Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT